Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Chamberlain needs to mature as footballer, improve his decision making and he'll be a very good player.

Also lol @ needing to pay the 600 employees at the club :rofl:
    Same was said about Walcock

ReputationRep:
    And Alexis at CF is arguably worse than Theo at CF. Please leave him out on the wing Arsene.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Same was said about Walcock
    Thoughts on Arsenal being Schalke in disguise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Thoughts on Arsenal being Schalke in disguise?
    I'm so dead cos it's true.

Waiting for Arsene to say they have strikers.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has lost the plot with that interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    I'm so dead cos it's true.

Waiting for Arsene to say they have strikers.
    Big fancy stadium

Promising players who never really delivered

Somewhere around the top but never top

Just there to make up numbers in CL

Looks like a big club but it isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Wenger has lost the plot with that interview.
    What did he say?

ReputationRep:
    What did he say?
    He said paying the 600 people Arsenal employ is also important, when asked about (lack of) transfer activity. If he cares that much, he should pay them with a chunk of his annual £8m.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger everybody:

'I spend £300m if I find the right player. I will not forget we have 600 employees & we need a responsible attitude for them too'

On why Asano hasn't got work permit - "because he didn't cost £50m".

Asked why he's reluctant to spend. "Why do you say I'm reluctant? If I buy you tomorrow, I've spent £45 million. Have I done well?"

On fans' calls for him to spend: "They're highly influenced by the media. We try to make right decisions. It's as simple as that."

ReputationRep:
    He's gone full melt down mode :rofl:

Last time he went that bad was 2013 after Blackburn knocked us out of the FA cup at home and we had to overturn a home defeat to Bayern.

Search for the video on YouTube 'Arsene Wenger goes crazy'

Arsene: why do you look at me?
    Journalist: because it's your press conference
    Arsene: Oh thank you!

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Sad thing is, Asano turning up at the Olympics doesn't get him any Japan caps. The only thing he can do to get a work permit is regularly turn out for Japan in World Cup qualifying

And what about Nwakali, bet he doesn't qualify for a permit either

ReputationRep:
    He's gone full melt down mode :rofl:

Last time he went that bad was 2013 after Blackburn knocked us out of the FA cup at home and we had to overturn a home defeat to Bayern.

Search for the video on YouTube 'Arsene Wenger goes crazy'

Arsene: why do you look at me?
    Journalist: because it's your press conference
    Arsene: Oh thank you!

:rofl:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    England with their impressive stadiums and training facilities, yet zero bottle at tournaments. I think we can draw a parallel there

ReputationRep:
    My theory on why we wont spend.

So after hearing about Wengers comments about spending 300mil if we had the 300mil, something occurred to me. Now I'm not excusing Wenger because I really want him gone at this point but I started to think about what he meant and it seems he's trying to tell us he doesn't really have money to spend right now. We know he won't just come out and blast the board and owner though since he gets his 8mil a year.

First I thought it's rubbish because mid table clubs can pay 30 mil on players easy but then I thought about Kroenkes NFL team moving to LA. How is he financing this move? I think we're having the rug pulled out from under us from him and he's using the clubs reserves to finance the move.

This means that the cash reserves are "there" but not physically as to speak. Somewhat akin to the US treasury and the gold inside of it. It's said to be there but it's actually not and you won't be able to physically use it.

Thoughts? Has Kroenke said how he's financing the Rams move to LA?

ReputationRep:
    Wenger on the chants calling on him to spend money: 'It doesn't cost a lot of money [to do] that'

LOL , trolling on a monumental scale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Wenger on the chants calling on him to spend money: 'It doesn't cost a lot of money [to do] that'

LOL , trolling on a monumental scale.
    It does however, cost money to buy match and train tickets. Those paying are entitled to chant what they want.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, at this rate, might as well just get Wenger out and give it Giggsy a season.

ReputationRep:
    Feel bad for him

Imagine if he can't do **** all because of the board, but loves the club too much to publicly put pressure on them?

I'm not a Wenger apologist, and it does feel like he shouldn't renew his contract, but feel so bad for the guy.

Just afraid the next manager coming in will have the same issues with transfers..

Needless to say though, he does get his tactics wrong quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Such a joke. Burnley showing us how to do it. Helps that coutunho has reverted back to his true self. When will he have another good game?

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, at this rate, might as well just get Wenger out and give it Giggsy a season.
    He'd play this

Cech
    Bellerin Mert Kosc Monreal
    Walcott Coq Xhaka Ox
    Alexis
    Giroud

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.