Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
iljw
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bj_945)
I don"t wanna know when rejections are:tongue: when are the offers?!?!
I know! I can't stand all this waiting! does anyone have ANY ideaas?
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by iljw)
I know! I can't stand all this waiting! does anyone have ANY ideaas?
well it was offers on the Friday 13th so its unlikely we will see another week of offers. So I'm guessing it will be another 2 weeks until the next offer day IF we are following the trend.
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well personnally, i think we might see something tomorrow.
LFCDRM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm with Beef_Eater on the rejections this friday (which I think will be rather massive). Than after that I think we will se offers and rejections going out at random times so that LSE will meet the 31st "deadline" set by UCAS.
geographyboy
Report 9 years ago
Received my offer for environmental policy after they offered it to me as an alternative to geography on friday (ABB)! I'm one of the 5 people doing the course!!!
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by geographyboy)
Received my offer for environmental policy after they offered it to me as an alternative to geography on friday (ABB)! I'm one of the 5 people doing the course!!!
Congrats! cool course
xxaleka
Report 9 years ago
Has anyone received an offer for Philosophy, Logic, and Scientific Method? Probably not...but I think there were rejections last Tuesday so I'm hoping for offers tomorrow. Is that how it works? I don't think I really understand their method of replying.
Also, if people don't get offers this week I don't think they would necessarily get a rejection; it doesn't make sense that they would accept everyone they were planning on accepting and wait until the following week to reject the rest. They'd just send out the rejections if they already knew, probably, so there have to be some offers mixed in with the last rejections!
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xxaleka)
Has anyone received an offer for Philosophy, Logic, and Scientific Method? Probably not...but I think there were rejections last Tuesday so I'm hoping for offers tomorrow. Is that how it works? I don't think I really understand their method of replying.
Also, if people don't get offers this week I don't think they would necessarily get a rejection; it doesn't make sense that they would accept everyone they were planning on accepting and wait until the following week to reject the rest. They'd just send out the rejections if they already knew, probably, so there have to be some offers mixed in with the last rejections!
umm there was offers last friday
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So I'm going with rejections this Friday. Anyone else agree?
bj_945
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xxaleka)
Ooo, hello, same course:tongue:
apa123
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
So I'm going with rejections this Friday. Anyone else agree?
just wait and see?
2strong
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I swear, with it being so late, surely no more offers will be given out? I think for everyone without an offer, its a rejection, because how can they have not filled their quota yet?
KirstyK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by black&blue)
Ohhh maan you guys, this thread has totally got me down! The talk about no other offer days or possibilities of only ONE more offer day... it’s depressing! hahaha, seriously!

I have a question though. I doubt anyone will know but does anyone happen to (for some reason) know the conversion between A levels and OSSD (Canadian qualification?) I hear AAB is the standard offer for A levels but I think our standard Canadian offer is 90% average... some of my friends think that’s an AAA offer...
Anyone know?
a 90% average is hard .. well.. for me anyway..
90% is not that hard! You can do it! I have faith in you! And according to the LSE website and previous offers to Canadians, they request an 85%.
Locke54
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 2strong)
I swear, with it being so late, surely no more offers will be given out? I think for everyone without an offer, its a rejection, because how can they have not filled their quota yet?
Look at last year's thread, a larger amount of offers came in March than in any other month, plus some departments didn't even offer to a TSR member until March, so it seems like March is a big activity month for LSE, not just rejections.
bigsyT
Report 9 years ago
silence at my side
irfy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey,

just wondering, does any on have both offers from LSE and UCL for Economics? Or if you have an offer from one, have you been rejected from the other or are you still waiting?
QBC123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nothing today, again! Anyone else hear back?
evaluat_ion
Report 9 years ago
i have a gut feeling that today will be rejections... for me...sigh!
ss281
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5pm today i think
bluebubbles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Let's hope we get something tonight! I don't understand why they're taking so long. I'm the last person in my year who still has something to wait for on UCAS.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads