The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
I sometimes wonder where TSR get some of their members when comments like that are made! Wow. I'd personally rather see Robinho back in Brazil.
They come from eggs.
I'd rather see robinho not play football again. Ruined by man city.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
It's fine to discuss it here, I'm not sure a thread on it would do particularly well.
Yeah, did one last season and this season and it doesn't work well. The CL thread works well for obvious reasons though.

I made one, but tbh you get the sporadic comment but besides that it's pretty ****.

In the end it finished 5-4 to Schalke. They made it 5-3 and then Mame Biram Diouf scored this great goal... Shame it came a little too late for Hannover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Gxf7seCAc
I've had to post the link, when i post it the other way it doesn't work :confused:

Carrillo also scored a nice curler on the edge of the box for Sporting. Crazy ending to that game as well. But Sporting seem to continue with their winning ways. 3 in 3 since Jesualdo Ferreira tookover.
Sporting have a new manager, again!? How many is that now?
Anyway Diouf got lucky, just like rooney he shinned it
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
They come from eggs.
I'd rather see robinho not play football again. Ruined by man city.

Sporting have a new manager, again!? How many is that now?
Anyway Diouf got lucky, just like rooney he shinned it
This season alone they are onto their fourth. Well, Sa Pinto got sacked, Oceano took over for a couple of games whilst they tried to find another manager. That happened to be Vercauteren. Who unfortunately for him as soon as Jesualdo became available Sporting were very quick to snap him up as a “general all round manager” but the Sporting board always had the intention to make him first team manager as soon as possible. The results kept being terrible for Sporting, fans getting on their backs, players not really giving a **** so they decided to cut Vercauterens stay (very) short and put JF in charge. And so far, so good! 3 in 3 and 3 clean sheets for them!

But since Paulo Bento left back in 2009 I think I read they’ve had something along the line of 10 managers. A couple were just your interim ones like Oceano though but still, pretty terrible.

As for Robinho, yeah, a couple of years there certainly didn't help him but he was one the reasons that got me into Brazilian football back in 2004. A few people now watch the Brazilian league for Neymar and Ganso and what have you, i guess it was Robinho for me back then. So I would kinda just like him to go back to that league. When he went back on loan to Santos in 2010 you could see it helped him to go back there, and it helped Santos too winning the Copa and the Paulista, unfortunately for him City wouldn’t let him have a longer loan deal and Santos quite simply couldn’t afford to keep him and off him went to AC Milan. If he was to stay with Santos I honestly think we’d be watching a completely different Robinho today. There was talk he was going in this transfer window back to them but that sadly no longer seems to be the case. If he was to return there i doubt we'll see that old form but i'd quite like him back in Brazil.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by simoncino)
x
Do you genuinely think that Robben isn't too good for AC in their current guise :lolwut:
simoncino
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Do you genuinely think that Robben isn't too good for AC in their current guise :lolwut:
Yes, AC Milan still remains a very prestigious club, just going through one rough season. The strength of Serie A is evident by how they have fared this year, and that proves that the quality will remain high for the foreseeable future imo. No player is too strong for a club of Milan's calibre
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by simoncino)
Yes, AC Milan still remains a very prestigious club, just going through one rough season. The strength of Serie A is evident by how they have fared this year, and that proves that the quality will remain high for the foreseeable future imo. No player is too strong for a club of Milan's calibre
It depends tbh.
Milan are such a big team that poor seasons don't affect them too badly(same can be said for juventus and inter) You had a season identical to this under capello(selling the old guard etc.) and came 8th, he got sacked and the next year you won serie A with the same core of the team.

A recent example is juventus too. How they've gone from relegation to champions in less than 5 years, or how they missed europa league last season and are now contenders for the CL.

Still think robbens out of your reach for now as he's a key player(when fit) But milan is such a big club you can get quality players who want to come if the conditions are right (like juve did with vidal and pirlo)
robocop1andahalf
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Or maybe get Van der Vaart at AC Milan - another one who needs to have appeared in each of the 4 big leagues before ending their careers. Very weird he went back to Hamburg last summer about five years after leaving. Apparently he and his wife are "popular" there from his first time at the club but now they have separated, perhaps he can move again.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Juventus/Udinese and Bremen/Dortmund were both QUALITY games.
little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/01/2...hairmans-wife/

Olympiakos manager sacked after 14 wins, 3 draws and 0 league losses. Rumours are that he slept with the chairman's wife but who knows! Must be something to it with that record, the 'too defensive' story doesn't quite fit!
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
News is breaking that Sneijder has agreed to join Galatasaray on a 3.5 year contract worth €5m per season, plus a €6m signing on bonus.

If true, this is a ridiculously huge transfer for Galatasaray and Turkish football. On par with the time Roberto Carlos joined Fenerbache.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
^Is it confirmed? I'd say it was probably exceeds the Carlos transfer. I think he joined when he was in this mid-30's was he not, can't remember. But Sneijder joining them is a massive coup for Galatasaray and I'm amazed they've generated the funds (fee, wages) to get him. Turkish clubs aren't known for forking top dosh but still manage to lure players over there. Sniejder's Mrs won't be happy!

It's a shame he is so unreluctant to drop his wage demands, probably cost him a move to the PL. If he's not cup-tied for the CL then another boost for Galatasaray.
Jim-Jam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah nobody's going to pay a 28 year old £210,000 a week. Greed dictates some footballers decisions.

I would have loved him at Liverpool but we offered him a move to the PL, £120,000 p/w and a load of bonuses and still wasn't good enough, despite being paid more than that for years, just don't understand why it's so important when the money's that high!
boumavilla
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ipoop;)
x
Here's the thread for our chat!
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fans really like Sneijder

aa22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Another week, another win for both of us. There's almost nothing to discuss anymore about this league, we both keep winning.. Braga next for us though, that will be a very dangerous tie, they always play amazingly well against us.

It seems that Bruno Cesar is on his way out! Thank goodness for that, never liked him, and this season he had become even worse..

Unfortunately it might also be the end of Aimar's run with us I can't say that I think it'll affect the team that much, he has played so little this season he pretty much hasn't made any contribution to how well we're doing this season. He was great for us in these last 2-3 years and I'm so amazed that such an awesome player played for us, so I am thankful, but it is time to let him go now. I wonder who'll be the next owner of that Number 10!

ALSO. Nolito might be leaving too! Hopefully he stays, we'll only have three wingers left if he leaves as well! Gaitan, Salvio and Ola John... didn't think I'd say this for this transfer window, but we will badly need reinforcements if that happens, there's no way just those three can carry us through four competitions..
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Another week, another win for both of us. There's almost nothing to discuss anymore about this league, we both keep winning.. Braga next for us though, that will be a very dangerous tie, they always play amazingly well against us.

It seems that Bruno Cesar is on his way out! Thank goodness for that, never liked him, and this season he had become even worse..

Unfortunately it might also be the end of Aimar's run with us I can't say that I think it'll affect the team that much, he has played so little this season he pretty much hasn't made any contribution to how well we're doing this season. He was great for us in these last 2-3 years and I'm so amazed that such an awesome player played for us, so I am thankful, but it is time to let him go now. I wonder who'll be the next owner of that Number 10!

ALSO. Nolito might be leaving too! Hopefully he stays, we'll only have three wingers left if he leaves as well! Gaitan, Salvio and Ola John... didn't think I'd say this for this transfer window, but we will badly need reinforcements if that happens, there's no way just those three can carry us through four competitions..
Where's Nolito supposed to be going? :holmes:
WhatamIdoing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sneijder's a bit silly seeing as Inter are a team definitely on the up under Stram and he could have and should have been playing a huge role in their resurgence. Although with the arrival of Cassano and Guarin taking like a duck to water in the AM role, he's arguably not the key piece he once was.

On the topic of Inter, they've posted on their site that they've fully acquired Marco Benassi. Brilliant prospect and would love to see more of both him and Livaja.
As an Italian, I'm feeling more and more optimistic about the future of the league and the national team.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
Where's Nolito supposed to be going? :holmes:
Granada are apparently in negotiations. I can understand him wanting to leave, he hasn't played as much as he might have wanted..

On related news it looks like Aimar might be staying after all! Good stuff..
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WhatamIdoing)
Sneijder's a bit silly seeing as Inter are a team definitely on the up under Stram and he could have and should have been playing a huge role in their resurgence. Although with the arrival of Cassano and Guarin taking like a duck to water in the AM role, he's arguably not the key piece he once was.

On the topic of Inter, they've posted on their site that they've fully acquired Marco Benassi. Brilliant prospect and would love to see more of both him and Livaja.
As an Italian, I'm feeling more and more optimistic about the future of the league and the national team.
We have an Italian Football Thread now. :top:
Laertes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
On related news it looks like Aimar might be staying after all! Good stuff..
I thought he'd already signed a deal with Al-Ain?
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aa22)

I know. Paços didn’t even put up as much of a fight as I expected. They just sat back and had everyone behind the ball. As for your game that was expected, not a great first half though so only really had half an eye on it in the second. I think the only thing to talk is revitalisation of Sporting at the moment. Another win, did you manage to watch any of it? Crazy last few moments with RvW missing the penalty to make it 2-0, then going down the other end and Beira Mar being awarded a penalty but Rui Patricio saving it and then also making a good save moments later, Sporting got away with it! We play our game in hand tomorrow, hoping we’ll get back on level points but I doubt we’ll get that top spot as we’ll need to win by 4 or more goals.

Haha, when I read about Bruno Cesar leaving I instantly thought you wouldn’t be too upset about the news!

Since you’ve posted that I see the situation seems to have changed. Keeping him until his contract runs out at the end of the season. I have to say even I’ve enjoyed seeing him in this league, it’ll be sad to see him go when it comes to it but like you said, I think his time has come. As for Nolito... Let him goooooo! The day he leaves I’ll be happy!

(Original post by Laertes)
I thought he'd already signed a deal with Al-Ain?
Nothing was confirmed as such and were just negotiating but now Benfica have decided to keep him until the end of the season due to Bruno Cesar ending up going to Al-Ahli instead.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads