Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

I don't know what's worse; the absolutely blatant intellectual theft of Kick-Ass, or the fact that someone as talented as Ellen Page is in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userna-me*)
    Can anyone suggest any extremely scary films for me? I want to watch something that will scare the crap out of me. I've been watching too many romances.... yeah. I'm considering [rec] and The Martyrs?
    REC not as scary as people make it out to be, just a really exciting film to watch. I recommend Dawn of the Dead and Drag me To Hell as well, nothing really scares me but these are good films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)

I don't know what's worse; the absolutely blatant intellectual theft of Kick-Ass, or the fact that someone as talented as Ellen Page is in it.
    And Nathan Fillion!

Given that it has those two actors, I might give it a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Check dis out blud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Check dis out blud.

:lol: 'lets get tooled up blud' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I managed to watch Unknown the other day and tbh it weren't all that, he has some severe form of amnesia from an accident which makes him forget to fight, he thinks he someone whilst he's not then their is another accident towards the end and he remembers who he is and his moves come back, tbh the movie was a let down at least in Bourne he knew how to fight and what to do, Unknown was a let down for me, it only got interesting in the last 15/10 mins tbh.

ReputationRep:

Oh my god! It really does look like a rip-off. 'Super' and 'Kick Ass' even mean almost the same thing :eek:

It looks like it could still be pretty good though, and maybe they had the idea before Kick Ass even came out, which would be a shame. So many people will just treat it as a copycat film if it's crap though... Oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    mehh Super looks mildly funny, cool to see Ellen page in a 'big' budget film again

Not too familiar with Rain Wilson so I don't know if I'll like him in that role

(Original post by Guvnor)
    I managed to watch Unknown the other day and tbh it weren't all that, he has some severe form of amnesia from an accident which makes him forget to fight, he thinks he someone whilst he's not then their is another accident towards the end and he remembers who he is and his moves come back, tbh the movie was a let down at least in Bourne he knew how to fight and what to do, Unknown was a let down for me, it only got interesting in the last 15/10 mins tbh.
    Use a spoiler! :p:

What did you think?
    It was 'meh' for me. Okay film, but not something I'm likely to remember or go back to. Was expecting something more up to the quality and calibre of Total Recall, Blade Runner or even Minority Report - other **** adaptations essentially.

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    And Nathan Fillion!
    May interest you a little: Man dumps girlfriend because she hates Firefly, writes song about it

this musician wrote an entire song about how he dumped his girlfriend for disliking Firefly.

Guys, this is brilliant. I want this in poster form. :teeth:

(Original post by A jaw-dropping mind map of the history of science fiction)
    Artist Ward Shelley has created a massive timeline of the history of science fiction spanning from Aristophanes to Wall-E.
    Click image for full size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

That is awesome

:sogood: Fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    I'd appreciate it if anyone can recommend me any decent fast-paced films to watch.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can recommend me any decent fast-paced films to watch.
    Crank?

City of God?
    Face/Off?

ReputationRep:

Omg! Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I love laughing at the reviews on films on Play.com :rofl:

Inglourious Basterds

Shutter Island

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    City of God?
    Face/Off?
    Crank?
    Thanks guys. I recently watched City of God so I'll check out Crank and watch Face/Off again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I love laughing at the reviews on films on Play.com :rofl:

Inglourious Basterds

Shutter Island
    Lol at historically inaccurate. Can't believe people disliked Inglourious Basterds, an incredibly fun film to watch, one of my favourites.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.