MangoFreak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by izpenguin)
At my school they don't do work experience anymore
Same :emo:

My school really is terrible when I think about it Maybe not in terms of teaching quality, but they have NOTHING ELSE
dinrah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Guys should I consider retaking my As in my Sciences or do Med Schools really dislike retaking?
izpenguin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MangoFreak)
Same :emo:

My school really is terrible when I think about it Maybe not in terms of teaching quality, but they have NOTHING ELSE
Sounds just like my school
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by dinrah04)
Guys should I consider retaking my As in my Sciences or do Med Schools really dislike retaking?
An A isn't going to **** you over, but I doubt retaking when you already have an A would discourage med school

Although you know that you don't get your best grade when you resit? You get the resit grade even if it's worse than your original. Not that I doubt that you could get an A*, but there's some risk nevertheless.
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not at all interested in doing Med, so I really have no idea. I found all the GCSE entry retirements for different universities here though, if that helps. From the looks of thinks, with an A (qhich is a fantastic grade, bye the way. Well done ) The only university that wouldn't take you is Birmingham, so you'd still have all the others open to you I don't think they'd mind if you retook if you already had an A, so I guess it's up to you really.
iLOVEmusic1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by foreverstrong_97)
G thanks :rolleyes: XD and no one got an A* and im the only one who got on A! :eek: :facepalm:

Aww

Stupid thing they keep saying its maxium ive done today even though Ive only repped one person :lolwut:
Oh my gosh! That's great! You should be so proud, you beat all them
aha

Oh my days, they're just being mean aha :dry:
iLOVEmusic1234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good afternoon/morning everybody
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
I'm not at all interested in doing Med, so I really have no idea. I found all the GCSE entry retirements for different universities here though, if that helps. From the looks of thinks, with an A (qhich is a fantastic grade, bye the way. Well done ) The only university that wouldn't take you is Birmingham, so you'd still have all the others open to you I don't think they'd mind if you retook if you already had an A, so I guess it's up to you really.
Do they have a page like that for other subjects? :holmes:
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do they have a page like that for other subjects? :holmes:
Similar ones, but they're not as informative nor as well maintained

EDIT: Here's the one for maths It says nothing about GCSE requirements though.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
Similar ones, but they're not as informative nor as well maintained
God damn bias :lol:

I don't understand how Medicine is so popular It's damn well not scientific interest or there'd be a similar amount of people doing Chemistry, if not Physics :pierre: And there are plenty of more well-paid subjects.

God damn social stereotypes :rofl: "Ooooh, Medicine is the best subject because you save lives." We'll see just how many people would be alive today if it weren't for the Industrial Revolution
dinrah04
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
An A isn't going to **** you over, but I doubt retaking when you already have an A would discourage med school

Although you know that you don't get your best grade when you resit? You get the resit grade even if it's worse than your original. Not that I doubt that you could get an A*, but there's some risk nevertheless.
Oh really? Damn I'm not sure then, I still have a chance of A* but I need all A*s from now on, I'd just hate to miss the grade by a small bit. Maybe I should just revise massively for the last units
TheQuack.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by techno836)
english i still have 3 exams (1 lit 2 normal ) and 3 CA's i think :L.............. maths im sat with 6th formers learning AS (but no doing no exams )
oh
dinrah04
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
God damn bias :lol:

I don't understand how Medicine is so popular It's damn well not scientific interest or there'd be a similar amount of people doing Chemistry, if not Physics :pierre: And there are plenty of more well-paid subjects.

God damn social stereotypes :rofl: "Ooooh, Medicine is the best subject because you save lives." We'll see just how many people would be alive today if it weren't for the Industrial Revolution
Sorry, for it is just Scientific interest plus my mother talking about her job but from a young age, a nurse didn't really appeal to me but the talk of the actual Doctor's got me into it.
chloe--
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

That's not true At least not for our year. Best mark counts, always. Otherwise, why would schools risk putting people in for a resit unless they did ridiculously badly?
Kittaaaaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Come on... suits are cool :awesome:
They can be seriously attractive on the right person xD

I really like them o;

Plus, they're part of our uniform
Oh wow haha, like a full suit with jackets and ties and everything? That's pretty awesome. Our sixth form have a "business meeting" dress code but everyone just turns up in casual clothes.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
Sorry, for it is just Scientific interest plus my mother talking about her job but from a young age, a nurse didn't really appeal to me but the talk of the actual Doctor's got me into it.
See, that's a genuine reason, but I refuse to believe that everyone has a good reason like that
Swag hatter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Med schools aren't fussed about retaking if it's gcses so much but not retaking would look better if there was someone else who had the same grades as you but had got them first time.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloe--)
That's not true At least not for our year. Best mark counts, always. Otherwise, why would schools risk putting people in for a resit unless they did ridiculously badly?
No, it is true. For our year resits will overshadow your original mark even if it's worse. I think it would be because when you resit a science paper from last year this year, you're in the same exam period as the now Year 10s.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh really? Damn I'm not sure then, I still have a chance of A* but I need all A*s from now on, I'd just hate to miss the grade by a small bit. Maybe I should just revise massively for the last units
If you get lower you keep your first grade!! But if you remark then you lose marks... Then you keep the lower one..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads