Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    only negatives of the match were that a) Wilshere seemed a bit off colour and b) the players seemed to slack off a bit after the second goal, but otherwise a decent performance especially from Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    well a good win away from home today but that doesn't change the fact that our squad is paper-thin and fenerbache were equally as bad as we were good...i bet wenger comes out and says we don't need anyone now cos we played so well away from home
    He's not stupid. I didn't ever think he's gonna do mega business but at the same time he won't do no business. Today proved how badly we need a striker, left winger, defender and even DM. We still gave Fener a lot of chances. A goalkeeper is needed but that should be our last priority I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alot will happen in the last 10 days, people don't understand that things starts now.

You've said it Arsene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Alot will happen in the last 10 days, people don't understand that things starts now.

You've said it Arsene
    Ok glad you're best mates with gazidis and wenger so you know what's going to happen. You don't need cl football to attract players as spuds have shown

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Ok glad you're best mates with gazidis and wenger so you know what's going to happen. You don't need cl football to attract players as spuds have shown

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What you smoking? Yaba?

I typed out what Wenger said in post match interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Some of the passes he sees is unbelievable and makes me think he's on a different page to the rest of the team. I hope he stays in the middle because he pulls the strings for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep.. left foot or right foot it doesn't matter, flawless first touch too

there was an interview where he says he looks up to zidane and thinks he's far superior to messi/c.ronaldo or some sh*t like that. he learnt from the grandmaster of midfield, im telling u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLG Doublelift)
    yep.. left foot or right foot it doesn't matter, flawless first touch too

there was an interview where he says he looks up to zidane and thinks he's far superior to messi/c.ronaldo or some sh*t like that. he learnt from the grandmaster of midfield, im telling u
    Yeah Zidane was a class act. In terms of first touches, I've not seen any better. His first touch was a killer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Did you guys not hear what Wenger said after the game when asked about transfers? "A lot is going to happen in the next 10 days, people don't understand that things are starting now".

EDIT: Ah, can see 419 has mentioned it already ^^^ nice.

ReputationRep:
    Arseblog saying that koscielny was seriously hurt. Apparently the cut was really deep all the way up to the skull! hope he recovers fast

Edit: otherwise great professional performance by the arsenal. Really impressed by Gibbs and that he had an excellent game. He's really pushing on. Hopefully he can avoid injury this season

ReputationRep:
    A dinamo player got sent off for a Nani-esque challenge yet a player (2nd one in less than 4 days) gets a pat on the back from the ref for gashing up an Arsenal player. Consistency does exist just not when it involves Arsenal. Like the King once said, Arsenal are a small club so will never get a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    What you smoking? Yaba?

I typed out what Wenger said in post match interview.
    Do you really believe Wenger? he said stuff like this in past we'll just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    "Koscielny's in hospital. We have to check if it's a bone broken. He opened the skull but it's very deep, very very deep. And hopefully we'll get good news in a few minutes"

Saw this online, not sure if its legit or not

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Wenger will spend now but there was no reason to wait when the cash reserves are there and the puma and emirates money is coming no matter what every year, I thought Flamini was nailed on before this first leg but obviously not I just want us to get a centreback and a quality attacking player
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    We're apparently going to launch a £40m bid for Karim Benzema.

EDIT: but he's close to signing a new deal with RM so it's a lie I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    We're apparently going to launch a £40m bid for Karim Benzema.
    He's signing a new contract with Madrid and is their only striker who isn't a kid. Literally zero chance of him joining Arsenal.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    He's signing a new contract with Madrid and is their only striker who isn't a kid. Literally zero chance of him joining Arsenal.
    Yeah I figured, that's why I made an edit to my post.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely perfect outcome, would have settled for the 0-0 at half time but 3-0 is just cloud nine! Hopefully Wenger will see it as a chance to rest a few of the players, ideally Jack, Santi, Giroud and Theo so we can see Sanogo and Gnabry get a competitive run out, and give the aforementioned a rest for the NLD.

First half was a classic of us having all the possession but not doing anything with it, partly due to Fenerbahce playing so conservatively. However as soon as the second half started and Fenerbahce started to come out of the traps more, we got them and never looked in danger of letting our lead slip.

Aaron Ramsey was simply superb and deserved his goal. However a big underrated mention tonight has to go to the Ramsey/Wilshere/Rosicky midfield. You would not have known on tonights game that they had played so poorly together on Saturday v. Villa. The pressing was superb and the positioning was 10x better, shown with the outstanding number of interceptions from Ramsey and Wilshere. Individually, Jack and Santi are still coming back into the swing of things and will be a few more games before they touch their levels we expect of them again.

Could go on and on about a lot more on the game but would rather go onto transfers now. Yes we need players. We need quality than quantity, hence why I would rather we didn't go for Cabaye. The Micah Richards rumour would be very good, the man has top level experience, winning mentality from City and can play RB/CB. We need a goalkeeper. I like Szczesny but, to be pretty much honest, we need a better keeper. Cesar or Begovic would do nicely, and much better than going for the Valencia sub goalie. Midfield, we need proven quality. Main priority is a defensive minded player, Fellaini or Bender would be perfect as I still think Pogba/Kondogbia are too young. Wouldn't mind a creative midfielder. We definetly missed a trick with Willian. Unfortunately I don't see us getting one though. Leaves us with needing a striker. Giroud will get goals when he plays, but we can't hope to compete with him all season. We're not getting Suarez, no matter how much we offer Liverpool just won't sell to us. Hearing shouts of Benzema. Highly doubt it but that would be insanse! Failing that, Rooney? Lewandowski? Not too many available world class strikers kicking around unfortunately.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...-and-koscielny

ReputationRep:
    "The transfer market starts for me now and a lot of activity will happen between now and September 2. From August 21 until September 2 you have 12 days, so a lot will happen. It starts now." AW

This is very telling as if he was waiting for us to seal our champions league place first before making any moves or maybe the big money deals hinged on this moment? It is safe to say our real transfers frenzy starts now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Absolutely perfect outcome, would have settled for the 0-0 at half time but 3-0 is just cloud nine! Hopefully Wenger will see it as a chance to rest a few of the players, ideally Jack, Santi, Giroud and Theo so we can see Sanogo and Gnabry get a competitive run out, and give the aforementioned a rest for the NLD.

First half was a classic of us having all the possession but not doing anything with it, partly due to Fenerbahce playing so conservatively. However as soon as the second half started and Fenerbahce started to come out of the traps more, we got them and never looked in danger of letting our lead slip.

Aaron Ramsey was simply superb and deserved his goal. However a big underrated mention tonight has to go to the Ramsey/Wilshere/Rosicky midfield. You would not have known on tonights game that they had played so poorly together on Saturday v. Villa. The pressing was superb and the positioning was 10x better, shown with the outstanding number of interceptions from Ramsey and Wilshere. Individually, Jack and Santi are still coming back into the swing of things and will be a few more games before they touch their levels we expect of them again.

Could go on and on about a lot more on the game but would rather go onto transfers now. Yes we need players. We need quality than quantity, hence why I would rather we didn't go for Cabaye. The Micah Richards rumour would be very good, the man has top level experience, winning mentality from City and can play RB/CB. We need a goalkeeper. I like Szczesny but, to be pretty much honest, we need a better keeper. Cesar or Begovic would do nicely, and much better than going for the Valencia sub goalie. Midfield, we need proven quality. Main priority is a defensive minded player, Fellaini or Bender would be perfect as I still think Pogba/Kondogbia are too young. Wouldn't mind a creative midfielder. We definetly missed a trick with Willian. Unfortunately I don't see us getting one though. Leaves us with needing a striker. Giroud will get goals when he plays, but we can't hope to compete with him all season. We're not getting Suarez, no matter how much we offer Liverpool just won't sell to us. Hearing shouts of Benzema. Highly doubt it but that would be insanse! Failing that, Rooney? Lewandowski? Not too many available world class strikers kicking around unfortunately.
    You forget to mention Sagna slotting into the CB position, i thought he played superbly as a CB! It is true when people say he sucks going forward but great in defensive !

Side note, if we get Begovic OMG! He'll probably kill Szesnies chances of first team play every again, he is that good!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.