Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Apparently it wasn't money tbh. I remember at the time reading that Wenger didn't promise him a starting spot so he opted for Wolfsburg instead.
    Why wouldn't he have been starting though? Don't get that tbh. Seems like a mistake from AW.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Oh ok fair enough. Some journalists are reporting it's a done deal others are saying we're still in talks.
    There are reports suggesting Juve are in for Sanchez and he could be going to Italy, so we will probably hear more in the next few days as he is to hold talks with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    There are reports suggesting Juve are in for Sanchez and he could be going to Italy, so we will probably hear more in the next few days as he is to hold talks with them.
    I heard a while ago about their bid not being high enough or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    The only way Sanchez is going to Juve is sell they sell Vidal for £45M+, Juve can't afford the fee and the big wages hence why they're buying Iturbe but anything can happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I heard a while ago about their bid not being high enough or something
    I think Barca said to all interested parties that £30m is the bare minimum. Arsene will probably increase his bid but Barca are yet to hear from Juve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    I disagree personally. If your gonna have a fairly weak team around the midfield area (strength wise) need somebody who is purely there to break up play forcefully. Also considering your likely to play a 4-2-3-1 formation and the DM is next to Ramsey/Wilshere who both go forward, having someone like Khedira will just mean your defence is exposed. Don't think counter attacking is even the problem tbh considering you got Walcott, Ozil and Chamberlain, and you guys like to control possession anyway so your game is more focused on build up play towards the oppositions goal.

Why did Gustavo go to Wolsfburg? Did you guys just not go in for him or something? Seems baffling really he went on the cheap and was a player that you needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In our system whoever plays in the DM role will be expected to help out the attack anyway, Song and Flamini both did that and so did Petit and Vieira. Wenger is never going ask the holding midfielder to purely defend, but they will have license to go forwards with Ramsey covering so it's better to have a player like Khedira who can be good in attack or defense in the role. Gustavo is a good player but Wenger probably didnt go for him because he likes to sit deep and defend instead of roaming forwards at times to help out the attack. But either would offer more than Arteta is currently offering in that position, even when Kim Kallstrom played there for that one game against West Ham, he played more forward passes than I've seen from Arteta for most of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    The only way Sanchez is going to Juve is sell they sell Vidal for £45M+, Juve can't afford the fee and the big wages hence why they're buying Iturbe but anything can happen.
    Yeah, I agree. I think he will ultimately go to Arsenal but Juve will give it a shot over the next few days.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else finding it hard to get excited about Sanchez? Why aren't we competing for the most sought after top talent. Instead we always seem to be after the bargain players like cazorla and the cast offs like ozil and Sanchez who just haven't cut the mustard

ReputationRep:
    Here we go again. Please no one take bait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Here we go again. Please no one take bait
    What bait? It's a reasonable point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)

Alright. Who else do you think we should be going for right now?

ReputationRep:
    arsenal could sign messi and I still think you would come up with some negative to it..

''Arsenal fan''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Alright. Who else do you think we should be going for right now?
    I expect a response like Vidal, Pogba, James Rodriguez, Yaya Toure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, I am not fine with two J. Rodriguez in the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    No, it wasn't. Showing yourself to be a troll tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else finding it hard to get excited about Sanchez? Why aren't we competing for the most sought after top talent. Instead we always seem to be after the bargain players like cazorla and the cast offs like ozil and Sanchez who just haven't cut the mustard
    Lol mate you're on your own. If Wenger doesn't sign Sanchez I can guarantee you'll be one of the first people complaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I actually agree with baconbutty this time. I've found a comparison that proves it.

Oh wait baconbutty is totally wrong. No surprise there then

ReputationRep:
    And yet you were creaming about Chelsea signing Fabregas, a cast off who was wanted by absolutely nobody else but Sanchez is wanted by Juventus/Liverpool as well?

And some people say you're actually a proper poster....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame that dross like Piers Morgan and baconbutty are Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:
    This dude us posting with impunity and a guy like sug can't post lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.