Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanicale)
    I got wreCked in my interview...
    Sorry to hear that; I'm sure it didn't go as bad as you think (Oxford interviews are REALLY hard!!). What kinda things did they ask? Also do you know how many interviews you have? You can always do better in the other ones, of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    Yep! I live in lancaster, do you know if the M6 is accessible from Lancaster? Is the traffic bad??
    Not sure about M6 accessibility from Lancaster as I join it a few junctions north

ReputationRep:
    Are we meant to turn up at the college in our interview clothes? Or can we change once we are there? Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penelope..)
    Are we meant to turn up at the college in our interview clothes? Or can we change once we are there? Help!
    You don't have to arrive at the college in the clothes that you want to wear for interviews - you'll have lots of time to settle in first, don't worry! Also, you don't need to worry too much about what you wear even when you are getting ready for interviews

When you arrive at the college, the first thing they will probably do is take you to your room, so you'll definitely be able to get changed. You probably won't have any interviews straight after arriving, anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binnsm)
    Not sure about M6 accessibility from Lancaster as I join it a few junctions north
    ok but I take it the traffic wasnt too bad, and it should have hopefully calmed down again by tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Guess I'm stressing too much
    (Original post by danniegee)
    You don't have to arrive at the college in the clothes that you want to wear for interviews - you'll have lots of time to settle in first, don't worry! Also, you don't need to worry too much about what you wear even when you are getting ready for interviews

When you arrive at the college, the first thing they will probably do is take you to your room, so you'll definitely be able to get changed. You probably won't have any interviews straight after arriving, anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penelope..)
    Thanks! Guess I'm stressing too much
    No problem! It's completely normal to be stressing out - most people do. I know it's easy for me to say this, but the best thing you can do is to try and NOT panic, because then you'll be much calmer in your interviews. It is totally expected that you will be nervous though, so don't worry Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    OMG I am being interviewed at St Benets. Wednesday right? I did an open application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alinakhan)
    Is anyone interviewing at St Benet's Hall?
    Im being interviewed at St Benets too. Open application. Wednesday right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    ok but I take it the traffic wasnt too bad, and it should have hopefully calmed down again by tomorrow
    Yes hopefully we both get there with no problems! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binnsm)
    Yes hopefully we both get there with no problems! Good luck!!
    I second that! Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaTK)
    Perhaps you don't, I just wasn't sure! Was yours from Lincoln? The email asked me to fill out a survey about when I would need accommodation and I did so. I'm probably worrying unnecessarily but I just expected to get some kind of confirmation?
    No, St Hugh's. I filled out an online form as well and received no confirmation but I'm not worrying about it at all, because I wasn't expecting to receive confirmation

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at St. Hilda's? Just arrived and it's very very quiet not spotted any others yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    No, St Hugh's. I filled out an online form as well and received no confirmation but I'm not worrying about it at all, because I wasn't expecting to receive confirmation
    I didn't receive a confirmation from St Hugh's either

ReputationRep:
    Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanicale)
    It was a very academic interview. PPE. Don't think I can say more!
    OMG were there any personal questions? (Why PPE? etc.) Unseen stimulus?

Well done! Hope you're happy with how you did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somnacin)
    Did anyone have a history or classics interview yet? :^_^:
    Classics interviews start tomorrow, that's when we're required to have arrived.
    Anyone else getting to Corpus tomorrow morning?

ReputationRep:
    In my interview to email, it said that another email will follow shortly about further details, but I never received this? Did this happen to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tessie25)
    Anyone at St. Hilda's? Just arrived and it's very very quiet not spotted any others yet
    Hey! Also at St Hilda's and currently alone, message me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylake)
    Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.
    Probably not - I was asked to come a day earlier than originally planned for my interviews last year (I had to come up on the 9th instead of the original 10th), but I still didn't have any interviews until the 10th. If the college is pressed for time, they might schedule an interview for you for the afternoon, but I don't know of any cases where people have had interviews within a couple of hours of arriving... (St John's student here )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.