Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoxial)
    I did not imply that. iirc I've already said that and I remember his "I'm not an ISIS supporter" post.

I've already given him an opportunity to clear his "position" but he persists with diverting questions, personal insults etc.
    That would be because you seem to infer from my posts I am an ISIS supporter, proceed as such, and then get your beard in a twist because i don't defend myself against this foolishness?

I'm going to repeat what i said before;

"Why should i clarify my position to someone who, it seems, is too lazy to look at the context of my words and think before implying false conclusions?"

Let's just recap parts of this exchange and make it clear to others reading.

Tawheed posts a video of the Galloway saying "Saudi is not motivated by islam"

to which i reply "Yes and Iran and Hizbulshaytaan were too busy massacring sunnis and providing cover for the syrian regime to blast the hell out of syrians."

Effectively agreeing and then calling out Galloways hypocrisy when it comes to Syria, Iran and Hezbullat.

To which you pop out of the blue and say

Guess you forgot the long standing history of SA and Qatar etc of generously funding violence and massacres?
    To which i replied fully justifiably

(Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Guess you forgot i have nothing to do with saudi?
    Which i don't. I don't have any qualms about denouncing the Saudi government and have done many, many times in the past.

As if i was somehow agreeing with their crimes?

and then in the same discussion (albeit in a different place) you ask my to

I was not trying to imply that you support AQ or SA.

Btw please clarify your "position".
    I (again understandably) refuse to do so on the grounds that anybody so willing to jump to conclusions and implications as you did does not deserve my clarification.

and now you pop up a week later playing the victim and throwing ad hominem attacks around.

Wild accusations, personal insults, divert questions and display of uncontrollable rage. Oh yeah and using the Edit button too often. You seriously need to learn new tricks.
    And you wonder why i don't answer you? Seriously?

Let me make a list to make it clear.

1. Tawheed posts anti-saudi video by galloway
    2. I say - yes and this guys stance of another place is hypocritical.
    3. You then point at the history of the Saudi's role in war crimes and somehow link it to me, you then also say "Do you even remember X massacre of sunnis in Y by Z"
    4. I make it clear i have nothing to do with saudi.
    5. You claim you were not implying that i did have anything to do with saudi and ask for clarification.
    6. I don't buy it and refuse to answer this clarification along with getting a tad annoyed that you would ask what you have in this thread.
    7. You reply a week later and accuse me of much of which was question dodging (funny because you hadn't answered mine either.
    8. I make these 2 posts comprehensively showing your narrative is far from the truth.

If you have any contention with the above please let me know so we can work out where (if there is a misunderstanding) a misunderstanding has reared its head, alternatively you could just retract (or amend the wording) of your two original quotes to me and we can proceed easily from there.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    "A man felt very thirsty while he was on the way, there he came across a well. He went down the well, quenched his thirst and came out. Meanwhile he saw a dog panting and licking mud because of excessive thirst. He said to himself, "This dog is suffering from thirst as I did." So, he went down the well again, filled his shoe with water, held it with his mouth and watered the dog. Allah appreciated him for that deed and forgave him." The Companions said, "O Allah's Messenger! Is there a reward for us in serving the animals?" He replied: "There is a reward for serving any living being."

- Imam Bukhari.

ReputationRep:
    "Be receptive to advice yourself without being arrogant and try to get the ability to understand the situation and extinguish the flames of trouble."

Dr Muhammad Al-'Areefi

ReputationRep:
    I am unsure about it being makruh to start from the middle but yes the minimum from what i have been taught and from what i have read is the length of three short ayahs. I.e. if one was to read the ayah of debt which is a page on the standard 15 line madani mushaf it would be sufficient.

And Allah knows best.
    Must've phrased it badly, but it's not as good to start from the middle of a surah, as far as I remember.

There's a reason I didn't say makruh specifically

Might be my inner deo

ReputationRep:
    I did not imply that. iirc I've already said that and I remember his "I'm not an ISIS supporter" post.

I've already given him an opportunity to clear his "position" but he persists with diverting questions, personal insults etc.
    Salaam,

Asking someone to prove or explain that they don't support a terrorist group (e.g. "clear your position about ISIS" may be interpreted that way) is highly offensive. Please don't do that. It's kinda like us Muslims feeling offended everytime we are asked to condemn (or apologize) for so and so Muslim's actions.

ReputationRep:

raheemahuallah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saraaa_d)
    You're right, the media defo had an impact. Well hopefully Cameron does not do anything worse than what he already has done.
    Assalaamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh Waridhwana Wasakinahu Wa Muallama Aalahu Wa Jannatul Makaam, Wa Dozakul Haram.

ReputationRep:
    It breaks my heart he will no longer be in parliament. Who else will defend the oppressed men, women and children of Palestine/Gaza like him.

To X , i have already prepared a response if you so wish to incite a debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    It breaks my heart he will no longer be in parliament. Who else will defend the oppressed men, women and children of Palestine/Gaza like him.

To X , i have already prepared a response if you so wish to incite a debate.

Who is this mysterious X

ReputationRep:
    Who is this mysterious X
    Probs me because I keep dissing Galloway in here.

It's not u fulaan, don't get ahead of yourself :hand:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Probs me because I keep dissing Galloway in here.

It's not u fulaan, don't get ahead of yourself :hand:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it is me. By tawheeds mention that there is a pre prepared response it is clear that whoever X is is a master debater and also very mashaAllah.

Clearly me

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullah

(Original post by Mary562)
    Just a question - Did you do one year of placement when at uni?
    Nope. Cuz Conservatives.
    (Original post by Mary562)
    I think I need to make myself clear a little

Basically, I've been focusing on my end of year exams and I need to do the same with this Quran exam I have coming up. I've explained to my teacher that one Juz is okay for me to do, I'm not able to revise for two because I know I’ll make quite a few mistakes. So, I just need a few tips on how to memorise effectively, when I do sit down to revise over the Surah’s - I know it all on the day I’m being tested however this only applies to short-term. I’d like to know how is it that once you've learnt a Surah how do you recall something from long-term memory. I struggle and need to look at the page to remember what next to recite.

Any help appreciated
    I find the method that works with me for memorising is to:

1. keep reciting a small portion, whilst looking carefully at each letter
    2. recite the portion from memory, until you can easily do 10 times without error.
    3. take a break of a good few mins, eg. 15 mins.
    4. See if you can repeat (2)
    5. memorise the next little portion, as in (1)
    6. repeat (2)
    7. See if you can recite both portions together, from memory, as in (2)
    8. Continue.

(Original post by tehFrance)
    أهلاً و سهلاً

So I converted to Islam, my SO doesn't know as she 'left' Islam but I was required to learn about Islam for he family... Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, how does one deal with temptation of past life, pork, alcohol etc... I was a dreadful Jew but I want to be a good Muslim, again go figure :rolleyes:

My life is just WTF :lol: so how do I deal with those temptations?

مع السلامة (I think).
    Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullah, welcome to the ISOC family
    InshaAllah, we'll try to help as much as we can.
    (Original post by _quantumsuicide)
    As a Muslim, if the purpose of this life is essentially to unite with Allah in the afterlife, what is the purpose of the afterlife? Theoretically, we would - providing we get to heaven - be in complete peace and happiness in a state that nothing is nothing compared to the mere world. But, would we truly be happy in an eternal, infinite life of this? Up to some extent, wouldn't this be the same as death?

I've been trying to weed this question out of my mind. I can't. Any opinions?
    The afterlife does not have an aim, as does this life. Rather, it is the end to which this life is a means. It is the result of the test. It is the fruit borne by the tree from the seed which we chose to plant or not, to nurture and feed or not, to support in the midst of raging winds or not.
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Malik bin Dinar said: “The Gardens of Delight are between the Gardens of Firdaws and the Gardens of Eden. In them one has servants made out of the roses of Paradise. They will be inhabited by those who were about to engage in a sin, but then remembered Allah - the Mighty and Exalted - and stopped themselves from doing so, and bowed their necks out of the fear of Allah.”
    ^was a 'must +1' :top:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Salaam,
    I wanted to ask a question (which may be stupid because I cant seem to find the answer online), is it necessary to complete the recitation of a particular surah in your salaah? For example if I've only learnt half of surah Yusuf would it be ok to recite that half in my salaah or would I need to recite a complete surah?
    Hope that makes sense
    I have also heard as our brother here:
    (Original post by killa78)
    From what I understand, the minimum is 3 ayaat of the Qur'an,
    This appears to be concluded in Radd al-Muhtar. iirc the reasoning for this generally given is that it is the minimum length for a Surah (i.i. the shortest Surah is 3 ayaat long).
    I must clarify...
    Brother/sister, to consistently post 'just to clarify' in this manner is nothing but continuation of debate. I'm not just on about this political discussion.

I ask that everyone take such discussions to VM, PM, or another thread.

As such, I agree with the following:
    "Not to debate but i'm going to debate."
    We need to all collectively perform Dua. I am sincerely frightened at the prospect of what a tory government without lib-dem buffering can do. We will have to wait and see.
    Indeed, certainly is worrying. Conservatives gona Conservative.
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    Thawbaan (r.a) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wassalam) said:

' "Soon the nations will call one another to attack you as diners call one another to a dish."

Someone asked, "Will it be because we are few in numbers on that day?"

He said, "No, rather you will be many on that day, but you will be like the foam on a torrent. Allah will take away your fear from the hearts of your enemies, and Allah will fill your hearts with Wahn (weakness)."

Someone asked, "Messenger of Allah, what is Wahn?"

He said, "Love of this world and dislike for death."

[Recorded by Abu Dawood and Ahmad, classed as Saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah, no. 958]

We can see that Muslims are not being taken seriously today. The fear (in the sense of respect) of the Muslims has been taken away from the hearts of the enemy - they are fighting our brothers and sisters, invading their lands, causing mischief on this Earth. Why? We're not small in number as compared to the time of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wassalam) and his Companions. We're being described as the foam. That's why we need to spread the knowledge that we know. What's the use of being a silent man with no knowledge to share with others while he has it? Don't let the media blinded the beauty of Islam. It's our job to educate others, to inform the others and make du'a for our brothers and sisters. Share the knowledge that you have, even if you think it is insignificant to others- you'll never know how significant it can be to some.

This Ummah exceeds a billion, but it is only quantity, not quality. Why?

Because the hearts of the Muslims are filled with Wahn.
    This is true to an extent beyond which words can express.
    Bumping this:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    I miss the Isoc that I last saw before I went MIA. Where's the quranic verses, hadiths, beautiful quotes and videos and that?
    x
    Please see above. If a matter of debate ceases to exist, despite having been controversial/argumentative, there is no need to revive it on the ISOC.

(Original post by PPF)
    Assalaamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh Waridhwana Wasakinahu Wa Muallama Aalahu Wa Jannatul Makaam, Wa Dozakul Haram.
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam
    Please edit this post by adding the translation. I'd like to remind all users of the forum rules.

ReputationRep:
    No it is me. By tawheeds mention that there is a pre prepared response it is clear that whoever X is is a master debater and also very mashaAllah.

Clearly me
    Whoever it may be, brother, let us leave the matter for that which is better.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Clearly me
    Fulaan stop with these apologetics. Tawheed gives me long replies too :yes: And I am very masha'Allah, look at my 8 rep bars :smug:

Remember that time I beat u in that Salauddin quiz war. 5-3? Don't mess :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Whoever it may be, brother, let us leave the matter for that which is better.
    Lol sorry. We'll stop joking.

Welcome back Ash :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Lol sorry. We'll stop joking.

Welcome back Ash :hugs:
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    x
    Walaikum salam,

We will just have to wait and see what the tories do, inshAllah.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.