The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

https://youtu.be/ZleD5SlB5uM?t=4m8s

You see that flick there by Monreal? Would Gibbs ever have the awareness/ability to do that?
Original post by Zürich
need to sign a winger or cm in Jan to win the title

definitely going to hit 80+ points as we stand but we cant get away with Campbell for too long

Not sure. Think like with Chelsea last season you have the full first team, there are obvious things you can do to improve the system but you can get away with Bellerin's defensive deficiencies, or Coquelins lack of passing ability, the lack of efficiency from Chamberlain or the lack of pace from Mertesacker. The system is working well and you are playing very well too.
Original post by jam277
Not sure. Think like with Chelsea last season you have the full first team, there are obvious things you can do to improve the system but you can get away with Bellerin's defensive deficiencies, or Coquelins lack of passing ability, the lack of efficiency from Chamberlain or the lack of pace from Mertesacker. The system is working well and you are playing very well too.

Imo Chamberlain needs to clean up his act with regards to tactical awareness and decisiveness. His signature ability really is where he beats a few players and then supplies a pass or shot. Problem is when he loses the ball and we're ****ed because of positioning. He can be very very good as the raw ability is there, but he needs to use his brain a bit more.

The problem with him is that i can see him only being of use in beating bus parking teams because he lacks technical ability in terms of his link up play. There is something disjointed about his place in the team.
(edited 8 years ago)
Btw, I see Jack as the heir to Cazorla's place. He doesn't need to burst and beat 2 or 3 men because that is just unnecessary and is probably going to injure him again. That part to his game needs to be cut out. He has the sufficient vision, passing and close ball control to play that deep CM role. Also, he needs to learn how to intercept the ball like Cazorla does to play defensively next to Coq. Jack Wilshere is a big big talent.
But can he take a corner with his weaker foot.
Can he also last more than 5 successive games.
Have to say I'm really looking forward to Arsenal's meltdown this spring.
Original post by The Shed End

Tbh we are enjoying yours right now :lol:
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Tbh we are enjoying yours right now :lol:

Obviously. Wednesday night should be interesting.
That's definitely true.

Reckon he would be effective in facing high line teams, his defensive work isn't too bad and his pace can cause damage on the counter, he would have more space to work in behind too if he gets his runs sorted like Walcott did.
Ozil's vision is so good. He even found Joel Campbell a career.
I enjoyed the Moyes era, didn't think that would be bettered but Chelsea have taken meltdown to the next level this year. Nice to see the fair weather fans being weeded out too.

You know it's funny, first you said our meltdown was happening 3 weeks ago when we played united, then it was due to be last week against Bayern, then it was meant to be "when we lose to Olympiakos away", and now it's happening in Spring?

This ****'s been postponed more times than the apocalypse.
Original post by leinad2012
You know it's funny, first you said our meltdown was happening 3 weeks ago when we played united, then it was due to be last week against Bayern, then it was meant to be "when we lose to Olympiakos away", and now it's happening in Spring?

This ****'s been postponed more times than the apocalypse.

Been tracking my posts? My god, that's pretty #obsessed

Anyway, it's due to happen sometime, doesn't really matter anyway, because you won't be winning the league this season. Will delete my account if you do.
Hard to forgot dem delusional posts.
Been tracking my posts? My god, that's pretty #obsessed

Anyway, it's due to happen sometime, doesn't really matter anyway, because you won't be winning the league this season. Will delete my account if you do.

Actually just people posting on here in general. Anywaay I expect we'll see you on here Wednesday hating on us rather than on the Chelsea thread supporting your own team

I'm holding you to that last bit, although if we do you'll have no choice anyway..
Actually just people posting on here in general. Anywaay I expect we'll see you on here Wednesday hating on us rather than on the Chelsea thread supporting your own team

I'm holding you to that last bit, although if we do you'll have no choice anyway..

Probably working at the Chelsea game so I doubt it? Not sure where you get that idea from anyway...rarely post on here during matches anyway. Have the balls to do so after we lose too, unlike you.
I was about to say how we should be looking to sign Wanyama in January and then he goes and gets sent off.
Probably working at the Chelsea game so I doubt it? Not sure where you get that idea from anyway...rarely post on here during matches anyway. Have the balls to do so after we lose too, unlike you.

Where do I get that idea from? From the fact you only posted on the Arsenal forum when we played Bayern, even though you guys were playing at the same time. And you keep saying that but I've posted after we lose every time. I mean, if you didn't post after you lose, you wouldn't have posted in 3 months :smile:
Where do I get that idea from? From the fact you only posted on the Arsenal forum when we played Bayern, even though you guys were playing at the same time. And you keep saying that but I've posted after we lose every time. I mean, if you didn't post after you lose, you wouldn't have posted in 3 months :smile:

I posted during that game like twice because our game was dull as **** - was still watching us of.

#obsessed
I posted during that game like twice because our game was dull as **** - was still watching us of.

#obsessed

Ok boo, you seem pretty rustled today based off the number of # you've done so far, so I'm jut gonna leave you to it :smile:

Latest