The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You can never beat mrtim!

Should have enough for Spurs at home really.
We can beat them at home, when will the game be held? Hopefully it's played whilst Kane is injured.
I'll be going to this one, got a seat in Main Stand (upper) :smile:
Original post by The.Joker
We can beat them at home, when will the game be held? Hopefully it's played whilst Kane is injured.

Week commencing 24th October.
Baloteli scoring twice again. Christ.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Week commencing 24th October.

We'll be much fresher than them since they play an extra two games due to the CL. Klopp's gengenpressing should be able to wear them out.
Original post by Mackay
Baloteli scoring twice again. Christ.

In France..

League Cup:

West Ham v Chelsea
Manchester United v Manchester City
Arsenal v Reading
Liverpool v Tottenham
Bristol City v Hull
Leeds v Norwich
Newcastle v Preston
Southampton v Sunderland

That's a lot of good teams going out this round..
Calling it:

Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Hull, Norwich, Newcastle and Southampton.
Original post by Mackay
Calling it:

You're on!

I'll go exactly the same but Man City instead of United.
Original post by Mackay
Calling it:

As a Prestonian I'd like to see them beat Newcastle, they're hardly likely to make it much further though.
Original post by mr tim
Spurs at home

Should be a good contest, we haven't lost to Spurs for 4 years now. Last time we played them in the League Cup was in 2004/05 (I think it was in the same round as well) which our second string team won on penalties.
Original post by Hugs31
Should be a good contest, we haven't lost to Spurs for 4 years now. Last time we played them in the League Cup was in 2004/05 (I think it was in the same round as well) which our second string team won on penalties.

Think we played them after that I think when we lost 4-2?
So, Karius or Mignolet? That seems to be the big talking point.

I was one of the few LFC fans in my friendship group to not want Karius to play against Chelsea, purely because I felt it was throwing him in at the deep end and it was much more sensible to ease him in against Derby, which would hopefully be a quiet night (it was) and he'd quietly impress (he did).

Obviously, they are two clearly different goalkeepers, with Karius adopting a very high starting position, even for a 'sweeper keeper'. I'd personally start Karius, because Hull should likely be a quiet game for him to get used to the Anfield atmosphere in, and he can (hopefully) quietly impress and keep a clean sheet, while simultaneously ironing out any flaws.

Original post by Lúcio
You're on!

I'll go exactly the same but Man City instead of United.

Think it'll be tough for them, considering they play Barcelona the week before and the week after.
Original post by Mackay
So, Karius or Mignolet? That seems to be the big talking point.

I was one of the few LFC fans in my friendship group to not want Karius to play against Chelsea, purely because I felt it was throwing him in at the deep end and it was much more sensible to ease him in against Derby, which would hopefully be a quiet night (it was) and he'd quietly impress (he did).

Obviously, they are two clearly different goalkeepers, with Karius adopting a very high starting position, even for a 'sweeper keeper'. I'd personally start Karius, because Hull should likely be a quiet game for him to get used to the Anfield atmosphere in, and he can (hopefully) quietly impress and keep a clean sheet, while simultaneously ironing out any flaws.

Think it'll be tough for them, considering they play Barcelona the week before and the week after.

Personally I think Karius is the way to go. If he hadn't gotten injured, it seemed likely that he would be our first keeper anyway. Mignolet certainly hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped, however that doesn't mean the past few years of mistakes and sub-par performances should be ignored.

It's important that people don't get too carried away with high expectation of Karius. Yes his career stats look good so in the long term he should be decent, but let's not think him to be a world beater in the short term.
It's a new league in a different team. We do a lot of passing around the defence - he looked confident against Derby but he was still making passes where I thought "one day he'll mess that up and cost us a goal from nothing".

Communication and chemistry will need to be built and he'll need to get all the nervousness out of his system. Let's not forget how poor DDG looked when he came to United, and now he's the 2nd best keeper in the world.
Original post by mr tim
Think we played them after that I think when we lost 4-2?

I meant to say at home, my bad. That 4-2 defeat reminded me of that horrible run we had against them (Oct 2008 to Oct 2012 - W2 D1 L7), since then we haven't lost to them to hopefully we keep that record up.
Reply 9515
Off to Anfield for the Hull Game tomorrow! Have to get up at 4am to catch a fan coach
Score predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TS21
Off to Anfield for the Hull Game tomorrow! Have to get up at 4am to catch a fan coach
Score predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2-0 Liverpool
Original post by TS21
Score predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4-0
Reply 9518
Im gonna go for a slender 7-0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9519
on a serious note, 3-2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest