Let us know how it goes with your mum, will keep everything crossed :hugs:
Thank you lovely. :hugs:

How are you?
FM08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
do you know what pisses me off, i have a bad feeling that even when things start to go right i'll still feel like ****, dunno why.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Thank you lovely. :hugs:

How are you?
So so

In a bit of a quandry, I've been offered a place at college (not the one I wanted to go to, but one nonetheless) to study either A levels OR an Access course which could have me in a uni next September and I haven't got a clue which to do. Logically, the access course is a better plan because I'll be studying what I want at uni quicker, I'll be saving money and I won't have to worry when my parents move, but I'm so scared I'll **** uni up again, I can't do it again!

And I can't come to terms with the fact that I'll be doing the degree for 3 years... which is really odd when I'm happy to go and enrol in a college and do two years of A levels. Gah. :rolleyes:

Other than that... and my current joblessness, I'm fine atm which makes a nice change!
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
So so

In a bit of a quandry, I've been offered a place at college (not the one I wanted to go to, but one nonetheless) to study either A levels OR an Access course which could have me in a uni next September and I haven't got a clue which to do. Logically, the access course is a better plan because I'll be studying what I want at uni quicker, I'll be saving money and I won't have to worry when my parents move, but I'm so scared I'll **** uni up again, I can't do it again!

And I can't come to terms with the fact that I'll be doing the degree for 3 years... which is really odd when I'm happy to go and enrol in a college and do two years of A levels. Gah. :rolleyes:

Other than that... and my current joblessness, I'm fine atm which makes a nice change!
:hugs:

Do what you think is best, and try not to envisage yourself ******* things up again. If I did that, I would not do anything, for fear of what might happen.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
:hugs:

Do what you think is best, and try not to envisage yourself ******* things up again. If I did that, I would not do anything, for fear of what might happen.
I honestly don't know what's best though :sad: I've ****** up so many times before, I'm rapidly closing off all my options.

Oh well, at least I didn't get kicked out of uni like someone I know :ninja:
Laus
Report 9 years ago
When and why is a person deemed mentally unwell? It seems as though it is when the way a person feels or acts does not conform with the majority. I don't understand why we should live a certain way. I understand rules and regulations are there for a reason, but I don't get IT... whatever it is. I don't get why we are split up into sane/insane. We are just people, and we are different. I know people can be 'fixed'. Meds can be taken, therapy can be had. But I just find the whole concept of mental illness unnerving. I find life unnerving, tbh.

I know I sound like I'm spurting rubbish. I just feel very weird tonight.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have chronic fatigue... yet i sleep 8 hours a night, I exercise, i eat healthily apart from the odd chese plowman sandwich; but im still exhausted. Ive got a diagnosis now, and the doctor hasnt even told me how to get better...
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by orangeboy)
Hi Sitara, or a.k.a Siti.

Yeah, of course you can get to know me, well both benefit.

I'm 21 at university, just finished my second year at uiversity. I began university in 2006 but I dropped out in December and started again in 2007 and stayed this time. I'm starting my third year in October.
My depression has been particualrly bad in 2006, begining of 2007, and started again and got hold of me in the summer of 2008 and it's now summer 2009 and it's paralysed me, I haven't felt so down for so long, for over 12 months now.

I have seen countless doctors and been hospital a few times, mostly been useless. I am a firm believer in self help and believe I will one day beat this my self.
However, I do have a great doctor at university, she's really understanding but my contact with her as ended at the moment, until I go uni again. She's referred me to hospital where I have been offered Cognitive Therapy.

How about yourself?
I have just finished my second year of university at UEA, lovely place but rather dull at the moment. I was diagnosed with depression the year before last when I was in year 13, but before that I did have depression I just didnt want to admit it. I guess. Well out loud.

Ive seen one doctor mainly for depression and shes helpful, we've tried 5 different SSRIs and 1 other type of anti depressant, none of which work so we've given up and now im sort of living an existance where every time I see her she says she feels sorry for me :confused: bit of a sob story aint it

I hope you feel better soon, i recommend things like warm fuzzy movies, but also things like lots of vitamin C, apparantly it helps.

I also get pins and needles a lot, and now im off to work with them. I work in Boots, and its rather embarassing limping in, so i may take the scenic route. Woop :yep: im mad indeed
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel awful, just told mum that boots are really proud of me and that they are now teaching me healthcare and beauty areas and im so pleased im getting the training. She just went ah ha, and didnt even sound interesting. not even a well done why do davids parents support him, and care so much about him and always listen to me and care about what i say, when my parents dont whats the point
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
When and why is a person deemed mentally unwell? It seems as though it is when the way a person feels or acts does not conform with the majority. I don't understand why we should live a certain way. I understand rules and regulations are there for a reason, but I don't get IT... whatever it is. I don't get why we are split up into sane/insane. We are just people, and we are different. I know people can be 'fixed'. Meds can be taken, therapy can be had. But I just find the whole concept of mental illness unnerving. I find life unnerving, tbh.

I kind of get what you mean. I am feeling very weird tonight too. Very low :cry:
!Dermeister!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello everyone. It has been a while since my last post on here. I doubt anyone remembers me.

This virtual hug may help hehe. :jumphug:
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

I get what you mean. It's like who sets the rules of what's 'normal' and what isn't? And for all we know, we could all be the sane ones and everyone else could be mad. This is reminding me of my English Lit coursework lol (Madness is a myth-discuss)

Right now I'm in the kind of I-hate-everyone mood. I felt really despairing last night and I told one of my friends to keep talking to me to distract me and they said they couldn't be bothered to care about me. Then I was close to tears and tried to talk to another friend (who I can always talk to) and he told me he had to go and it was one of those moments where you really really need someone around and I felt like nobody gave a **** about me. Now today my mum's pissing me off because she said I was incapable of doing things and called me immature and an easy target and stupid when I was trying to show her I was organised by telling her about my gap year plans. She told a relative that I said I'd kill myself if I didn't get to go on my gap year when what I said was I really needed some time off without going straight to university because I know what I'm like and I'll end up worse than I am now (which she took to mean dead).
I got a text from my sister saying she was pissed off at me because I don't answer my mobile. I'd call her now but I really don't want to talk to anyone. I have nothing to say.

I feel like I'm a complete waste of space and it wouldn't matter to anyone if I died. My mind is just constantly on suicide and I really feel like just not trying to resist it anymore. I can't see the point when it always comes back when I feel a little bit better. I don't even have anything to dstract me anymore because I don't even care that much about my gap year now I've figured it out or university or anything. All I do with myself now is stay in bed and go on the internet.

I don't even have the energy to read anymore and I have so many books I need to read before the start of term. I just don't know what to do anymore. :sad:

Sorry for the long post. Of course you don't need to read it. Just venting.

Hope you're all ok. xx

Hi Matinee Manatee, I don't think we've crossed e-paths before.
!Dermeister!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
Hi Matinee Manatee, I don't think we've crossed e-paths before.
Hi. Now we have.:p:

I personally think that you care too much about what others say to you. Try and ignore things which may upset you and focus more on the bright future and positive things in life. If you can do that then everything will fall into its right place. Just dont give hate and negative thoughts a chance. Hope you feel better though.
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Matinee Manatee)
Hi. Now we have.:p:

I personally think that you care too much about what others say to you. Try and ignore things which may upset you and focus more on the bright future and positive things in life. If you can do that then everything will fall into its right place. Just dont give hate and negative thoughts a chance. Hope you feel better though.
Thanks.
And that's the thing, it's upsetting me because I usually don't give a **** about what people say or think but it's all kind of happened at around the same time and it's kind of reiterating what I feel about myself so I think it must be true and ... *breathes*

Right now I'm trying not to think the *bad thoughts* but it really isn't working. I think I might go to bed in a little while and sleep it off.

And nice to meet you (cool username btw). How are you feeling?
!Dermeister!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks.
And that's the thing, it's upsetting me because I usually don't give a **** about what people say or think but it's all kind of happened at around the same time and it's kind of reiterating what I feel about myself so I think it must be true and ... *breathes*

Right now I'm trying not to think the *bad thoughts* but it really isn't working. I think I might go to bed in a little while and sleep it off.

And nice to meet you (cool username btw). How are you feeling?
Yeah, get plenty of rest. Youll hopefully feel much better when you wake up tomorrow.

Nice to meet you too *shakes hand*. Im feeling great cheers. I love being back on this thread coz I like listening to other peoples problems and being there for everyone. Nighty nighty - dont let the bed bugs bite
Laus
Report 9 years ago
I get what you mean. It's like who sets the rules of what's 'normal' and what isn't? And for all we know, we could all be the sane ones and everyone else could be mad. This is reminding me of my English Lit coursework lol (Madness is a myth-discuss)
Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. If madness doesn't exist and there is nothing 'wrong' with us, as such, then the world as we know it is pretty ****** up, don't you think? I guess 'normal' is what functions well and contributes to society, in the eyes of the world at large, anyway.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. If madness doesn't exist and there is nothing 'wrong' with us, as such, then the world as we know it is pretty ****** up, don't you think? I guess 'normal' is what functions well and contributes to society, in the eyes of the world at large, anyway.
Most psychologists would classify 'normal' as the most common and/or the accepted traits... Anything out of that is abnormal and deemed wrong. There's a lot of stuff about cultural differences and how different people class different things as the norm through their own experiences, but that'll just bore you (Plus I can't remember it very well!)
Laus
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Most psychologists would classify 'normal' as the most common and/or the accepted traits... Anything out of that is abnormal and deemed wrong. There's a lot of stuff about cultural differences and how different people class different things as the norm through their own experiences, but that'll just bore you (Plus I can't remember it very well!)
It's ********.
kexy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can I join?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
It's ********.
Yep. I hate compartmentalising people.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (272)
38.1%
No - but I will (51)
7.14%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.62%

Watched Threads