Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    You forget to mention Sagna slotting into the CB position, i thought he played superbly as a CB! It is true when people say he sucks going forward but great in defensive !
    There was a lot I didn't go on about, but Sagna was terrific again at CB. Merson was right though, the big test will come when he comes up against Berbatov on Saturday, but he has certainly won me over with his CB displays. Agreed he's lost his killer touch in attack in recent years, but he is still definetly Mr Reliable.

Jenkinson did brilliantly as well when he came on, far more composed than on Saturday and looked to pick up where he left off from last season!

ReputationRep:
    I pity those who were hoping we lose this game and those who cried 'crisis' there is no crisis, never has been. It is the media trying to stir trouble and they know trouble sells. Arsene Wenger is a top, top class manager, and I don't know why people called for his head after losing just one game?! He is irreplaceable IMO

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the Benzema rumours are true. Knowing the media know, it will probably be a lot of bull**** yet again.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: Mata did play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    I really hope the Benzema rumours are true. Knowing the media know, it will probably be a lot of bull**** yet again.
    Every newspaper and journalist is rumour happy. That said I'm feeling more confident about a big signing or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Another game where Mata didn't play for Chelsea. Clear from the summer that Mourinho isn't his biggest fan. I really think it'd be wise of us to have a go for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only but that he did play........

He didn't play in the weekend because some clever **** from the Spanish FA decided it was smart to go have a kick about in South America just as the seasons kicked off.

ReputationRep:
    Another game where Mata didn't play for Chelsea. Clear from the summer that Mourinho isn't his biggest fan. I really think it'd be wise of us to have a go for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mata started?

ReputationRep:
    Yep just checked the team again. Played 65 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere was proper driving forward today. Wanna see more of that from him. So good to see him do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do and I don't, every time he gets the ball I think he's gonna get injured

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufferin succotash)
    I do and I don't, every time he gets the ball I think he's gonna get injured

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But then he's not doing what he's good at. Wilshere is the kinda player who'll do what it takes to win, even if that means sacrificing himself. Just hope he stays fit because he has it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every newspaper and journalist is rumour happy. That said I'm feeling more confident about a big signing or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we do get a decent striker, Podolski will be a good backup. I would not put him on the left or even pick him over Giroud, he is very inconsistent. I think Giroud can be put into a Heskey type of role to supply knock downs etc and provide an aerial presence up top, but I really doubt his goalscoring ability.

I think the Benzema and Di Maria deals are totally dependent on the Bale deal going through. But hopefully, the Spuds lose their golden boy and we gain two very good players.

ReputationRep:
    No ****ing way! AFC working on deals for Benzema and Di Maria :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314

ReputationRep:
    £40 million for Benzema would be ridiculously bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    £40 million for Benzema would be ridiculously bad...
    Yeah he has been off par for quite a while. Especially for France. I'm not sure about paying that much. Definitely want Di Maria though, outstanding player. I would take Benzema too but not more than say £25m.

ReputationRep:
    Like any other rumour, certainly not getting my hopes up over that BBC article with Benzema and Di Maria. But wow, if even just one of them came, would be special buys!

ReputationRep:
    Leaving real with morata as their only striker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acruzen)
    Leaving real with morata as their only striker?
    Bale on left and Ronaldo up front.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Yeah he has been off par for quite a while. Especially for France. I'm not sure about paying that much. Definitely want Di Maria though, outstanding player. I would take Benzema too but not more than say £25m.
    I think Wenger sees another Henry-esque career revival job for Benzema tbh. One can hope.

ReputationRep:
    Cabaye, Di Maria, Benzema, a DM and GK. Wow, we'd be well ready. Very wishful though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    I pity those who were hoping we lose this game and those who cried 'crisis' there is no crisis, never has been.
    If by crisis, you mean Arsenal still stuck challenging for 4th and winning no trophies again after being promised big signings this summer, then yes, there was/is a crisis.

Fans were promised that this season would be much different from previous ones and their patience would be rewarded. All evidence so far shows that the fans have and will likely be let down.
    It is the media trying to stir trouble and they know trouble sells.
    Don't act like all WOB members are stupid.

They have been very patient with Wenger but this summer was the last straw/the straw that broke the camel's back.

This summer has shown that Wenger is not the man to take Arsenal back to glory again.
    Arsene Wenger is a top, top class manager, and I don't know why people called for his head after losing just one game?!
    :facepalm2:

It's not after one game.

It's after eight years of FAILURE. EIGHT ****ING YEARS.

I think fans that have been patient and finally had enough of Wenger's nonsense have the right to be part of the WOB.

All evidence shows that Wenger will not lead Arsenal back to glory again. Man Utd, M.City and Chelsea aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

So you might as well extend Wenger's contract and continue challenging for 4th place every season as I genuinely can't see anyone available right now that can take Arsenal back to glory again.
    He is irreplaceable IMO
    Even if another Ferguson comes along?

And I hope you and every other Wenger fanboy remembers this: No-one is bigger than the club.

When you make someone bigger than the club, you're in trouble (as 8 years of failure for Arsenal under Wenger exemplifies).

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.