Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    And yet you were creaming about Chelsea signing Fabregas, a cast off who was wanted by absolutely nobody else but Sanchez is wanted by Juventus/Liverpool as well?

And some people say you're actually a proper poster....:rolleyes:
    ...when you and I get labelled as some rose tinted glasses wearing fanatics is it any surprise when we're looked at in comparison to this guy, whom is the polar opposite. The fact that he's a chelsea fan is so transparent it's embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I actually agree with baconbutty this time. I've found a comparison that proves it.

Oh wait baconbutty is totally wrong. No surprise there then
    That was bloody hilarious.

Nice star post by the way; at least you're contributing to the relevant point and backing it up with stats.

Sanchez would be a great signing for you.
    I don't want you to get him, but I also don't see him not being in the premier league next season unless Juventus sell Vidal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    ...when you and I get labelled as some rose tinted glasses wearing fanatics is it any surprise when we're looked at in comparison to this guy, whom is the polar opposite. The fact that he's a chelsea fan is so transparent it's embarrassing.
    I don't even get that.

Of all the arsenal fans, pete and Zurich are two that I like the best.
    Admittedly some fans are fanatics, but I can say the same for some of us Liverpool supporters too.

As I said before, butty is knowledgeable but he doesn't portray the image of a real fan of arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    This dude us posting with impunity and a guy like sug can't post lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not even a big Fan of SUG I'd rather him back than Butty.

ReputationRep:
    I actually agree with baconbutty this time. I've found a comparison that proves it.

His position is probably based on Sanchez as a whole at Barca not just this season. This was his best ever season, but tbh at 25 it could just be because he's getting better. Can't see how you could turn him down tbh, everything considered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    His position is probably based on Sanchez as a whole at Barca not just this season. This was his best ever season, but tbh at 25 it could just be because he's getting better. Can't see how you could turn him down tbh, everything considered.
    Then how about Ozil, who he described as not cutting the mustard? He came to Arsenal with the most assists of any player across Europe. He shined at Madrid but they only sold him to pave way for Bale.

Let's not forget at Barca it's quite easy to be overshadowed because they have a man who goes by the name of Lionel Messi. Even Neymar, on everyone's lips at this WC from the outset, could only lace his boots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Sanchez has been good this season but he was widely known as a flop for his first two seasons.

Sanchez in the 12/13 season got his first league goal in february ffs.

And yet you were creaming about Chelsea signing Fabregas, a cast off who was wanted by absolutely nobody else but Sanchez is wanted by Juventus/Liverpool as well?

And some people say you're actually a proper poster....:rolleyes:
    Sanchez has had a good season with Barca after two atrocious seasons, particularly the 12/13 season, he got his first league goal in February. BaconButty has got a point here again.

However I feel that he needs more of the creative role to get the best out of him, so I think Ozil again will be a problem for Sanchez, you'll probably end up getting a system that gets the best out of Ozil and not Sanchez presuming you bought him. Sanchez is known to perform best as a creative spark down the middle, he's not really a striker so won't play up top, more a creative forward than a striker. Although that seems exactly like the kind of player Wenger would buy and play in the wrong position(Arshavin e.g.), Sanchez has a good work rate so I don't see Arshavin MkII happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Then how about Ozil, who he described as not cutting the mustard? He came to Arsenal with the most assists of any player across Europe. He shined at Madrid but they only sold him to pave way for Bale.

Let's not forget at Barca it's quite easy to be overshadowed because they have a man who goes by the name of Lionel Messi. Even Neymar, on everyone's lips at this WC from the outset, could only lace his boots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ozil like I've said for the past season is reliant on Ronaldo's and Di Maria's runs behind the defence. Without them you wouldn't have seen the best of Ozil. Klose likes to make good runs, Podolski does it too at times and so does Muller, which is why he performs well for Germany. I do think he's suited for counter attacking football as well and uses space, he likes to drift into areas where he'll find space and then play players into space with good through balls.

Neymar at Barca is a special case, he plays in a different continent, playing a different style of play, different tempo, stronger defences. He's still acclimatising to Spain which explains the disparity in his international performances to his club performances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Sanchez has had a good season with Barca after two atrocious seasons, particularly the 12/13 season, he got his first league goal in February. BaconButty has got a point here again.

However I feel that he needs more of the creative role to get the best out of him, so I think Ozil again will be a problem for Sanchez, you'll probably end up getting a system that gets the best out of Ozil and not Sanchez presuming you bought him. Sanchez is known to perform best as a creative spark down the middle, he's not really a striker so won't play up top, more a creative forward than a striker. Although that seems exactly like the kind of player Wenger would buy and play in the wrong position(Arshavin e.g.), Sanchez has a good work rate so I don't see Arshavin MkII happening.
    He really doesnt.

His 'argument' was literally nothing more than that Sanchez is a poor signing because he's a 'cast off'. How did he react to Chelsea signing Fabregas though? ''What an unbelievable signing that is''. You've actually made a good point about the potential issues with Sanchez, he did absolutely nothing but throw up the laziest argument imaginable to attack the signing and this is the nature of 99% of his posts on here.

His posts are worthless and I'm baffled why people pretend he ever says anything worthwhile.

---

Havent watched Suarez nearly enough to talk too much about his time at Barca but he looks comfortable out wide, obviously has great stamina and pace, makes very convincing direct runs into the box and knows how to finish. For me that's a player who can work wit Ozil quite well.

Would be interested to see him up front at some stage, Wenger has tried stranger things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Is he really a Chelsea fan?

He would comment on Chelsea's affairs much more than he usually does. Plus anyway he said that he likes City because they play the best football even though he's a fan of Arsenal.

If that is being a transparent Chelsea fan then I think your eyes needs checking.

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez would be a class signing for the Arse. Don't need much of a brain to realise that.

ReputationRep:
    He really doesnt.

His 'argument' was that Sanchez is a poor signing because he's a 'cast off'. How did he react to Chelsea signing Fabregas though? ''What an unbelievable signing that is''. You've actually made a good point about the potential issues with Sanchez, he did absolutely nothing but throw up the laziest argument imaginable to attack the signing and this is the nature of 99% of his posts on here.

His posts are worthless and I'm baffled why people pretend he ever says anything worthwhile.
    Fabregas wasn't necessarily a cast off.

Fabregas forced the move and Barca started getting pissy and sour like the pseudohumble ***** they are. Plus anyway Fabregas delivered more in his 3 years than Sanchez did, who has had one good season and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas wasn't necessarily a cast off.

Fabregas forced the move and Barca started getting pissy and sour like the pseudohumble ***** they are. Plus anyway Fabregas delivered more in his 3 years than Sanchez did, who has had one good season and that's it.
    If Cesc wasnt a cast off then I've never heard of one. Many would say Cesc had 1 good half season, Barca fans are hardly in mourning over the loss in any case. No shame in it, Barca and Real's circuses habitually throw up great players to the lions.

* see edit on last post for my opinion on Sanchez @ AFC if you like

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez has been good this season but he was widely known as a flop for his first two seasons.

Sanchez in the 12/13 season got his first league goal in february ffs.
    It's not Sanchez fault he was being used in a system that was design spoon feed Messi. Is it any surprise the he excelled when Messi was injured or that he that regularly kills it Chile. Just because he didn't deliver the goods at Barca doesn't diminish his quality.

Should interesting to see a Suarez adapts next season.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil like I've said for the past season is reliant on Ronaldo's and Di Maria's runs behind the defence. Without them you wouldn't have seen the best of Ozil. Klose likes to make good runs, Podolski does it too at times and so does Muller, which is why he performs well for Germany. I do think he's suited for counter attacking football as well and uses space, he likes to drift into areas where he'll find space and then play players into space with good through balls.

Neymar at Barca is a special case, he plays in a different continent, playing a different style of play, different tempo, stronger defences. He's still acclimatising to Spain which explains the disparity in his international performances to his club performances.
    So Neymar is still 'acclimatising to Spain', whereas Ozil is expected to have already in England. The man will have runners to feed next season in Theo, Sanchez (maybe) and Ramsey and maybe even Remy.

It hurts people to see Arsenal buying quality. Get used to it - this is the norm from now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    So Neymar is still 'acclimatising to Spain', whereas Ozil is expected to have already in England. The man will have runners to feed next season in Theo, Sanchez and Ramsey.

Be fair!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Acclimatising to spain and acclimatising to a totally different continent, playing in a much tougher league while adapting to a totally different style of football is harder than what Ozil has had to go through. For the record I think Ozil will show the price tag eventually but to compare his situation to Neymar is totally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    It's not Sanchez fault he was being used in a system that was design spoon feed Messi. Is it any surprise the he excelled when Messi was injured or that he that regularly kills it Chile. Just because he didn't deliver the goods at Barca doesn't diminish his quality.

Should interesting to see a Suarez adapts next season.
    Regardless of the system, one league goal by february for a forward player is a shocking total.

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez would be an outstanding buy for Arsenal.
    Imagine
    Ramsey Flamini
    Walcott Ozil Ox
    Sanchez

That front 4 would scare defences as it has a mixture of pace, skill, movement and unpredictability. Ozil would get assists for fun with the movement ahead of him.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm being targeted again for perfectly reasonable points

Ozil: a complete flop who never produces anything in big games except setting the other team up

Cazorla: alright first season flop in 2nd and also a big game flop

Sanchez: two awful seasons at barca and one good season

You can see why I'm a bit apprehensive now.

Zurich stop the bias to fit your narrative again please fabregas was clearly wanted by more than one club and he was quoted saying chelsea was the one he chose. He also came out and said barca wanted him to stay and it was his decision to leave so he isn't a cast off. He also happens to be one of our greatest ever midfielders so of course I want him back over the **** that the likes of ozil produce.

I think Sanchez will flop tbh so I hope he goes to one of our rivals Liverpool or Everton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Sanchez would be an outstanding buy for Arsenal.
    Imagine
    Ramsey Flamini
    Walcott Ozil Ox
    Sanchez

That front 4 would scare defences as it has a mixture of pace, skill, movement and unpredictability. Ozil would get assists for fun with the movement ahead of him.
    Until Walcott, Ox and Ramsey get injured and he's suddenly playing with Arteta, Cazorla and Giroud

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.