Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahraladha)
    In my interview to email, it said that another email will follow shortly about further details, but I never received this? Did this happen to anyone else?
    Hmm...If your first email came a while ago, I'd probably contact the college about this just to make sure you have all the details you need. Just send them a quick email explaining the situation and they should be able to let you know what's going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Hmm...If your first email came a while ago, I'd probably contact the college about this just to make sure you have all the details you need. Just send them a quick email explaining the situation and they should be able to let you know what's going on
    ok thank you! Yeah my first email itself was late, I had to call up to ask as I hadn't received anything, so that might be the case again.
    I'm meant to arrive tomorrow by 6pm so I will email them now and hopefully they will reply by tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Is anyone interviewing at Mansfield this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahraladha)
    ok thank you! Yeah my first email itself was late, I had to call up to ask as I hadn't received anything, so that might be the case again.
    I'm meant to arrive tomorrow by 6pm so I will email them now and hopefully they will reply by tomorrow
    That's OK - I'm sure it's just because they are running around like crazy, so don't worry. As long as you bring yourself, you should be just fine: I don't know what information they've already given you, but you shouldn't need to prepare anything before you get there. Just pack a pen, paper and maybe a copy of your personal statement to read over (and then the usual sorts of things you'd pack if you were going on an overnight trip somewhere). When you arrive, the student ambassadors will tell you where you need to go and will be able to answer any questions you've thought of.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    so nervous for tomorrow.

is there any time to leave the college and have a look around the town?

anyone already at oriel want to tell me what accommodation is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcn2015)
    Anyone else got an interview for Law this week? I have mine at Lincoln. Don't think there is very much you can do to prepare for that style of interview?
    Don't know about interviews, just want to say good luck from one fellow Northern Irishman to another. I hope to go to Lincoln.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Stay calm, it's going to be alright - they're bound to be understanding of the situation and stressing about it will only make you uncomfortable in the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    taxi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    so nervous for tomorrow.

is there any time to leave the college and have a look around the town?

anyone already at oriel want to tell me what accommodation is like?
    It's OK - it's totally normal to be nervous, but just try to enjoy it! Interviews at Oxford are a great experience

Yes, I spent hours wandering round the town inbetween my interviews. Good places to visit include the Covered Market (especially Ben's Cookies - I had a just-baked cookie after breakfast on one of the days!), G&D's, and, since it's December, the Christmas Market on Broad Street. There are a few G&D's (it's an ice-cream shop, by the way), and I think that the one nearest to Oriel is on Pembroke Street. I brought a map and my phone (which has an in-built sat-nav app) to help me find my way. I know a lot of people would be worried about getting lost, but as long as you trust your sense of direction and your navigation equipment, you should be OK! Walking around Oxford is a great time-filler and also a bonus if you do get in, because you'll get to know your way around pretty fast! Oh, and the Waterstones on the corner between Cornmarket and Broad Street is amazing!

Sorry, I'm at John's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    It's OK - it's totally normal to be nervous, but just try to enjoy it! Interviews at Oxford are a great experience

Yes, I spent hours wandering round the town inbetween my interviews. Good places to visit include the Covered Market (especially Ben's Cookies - I had a just-baked cookie after breakfast on one of the days!), G&D's, and, since it's December, the Christmas Market on Broad Street. There are a few G&D's (it's an ice-cream shop, by the way), and I think that the one nearest to Oriel is on Pembroke Street. I brought a map and my phone (which has an in-built sat-nav app) to help me find my way. I know a lot of people would be worried about getting lost, but as long as you trust your sense of direction and your navigation equipment, you should be OK! Walking around Oxford is a great time-filler and also a bonus if you do get in, because you'll get to know your way around pretty fast! Oh, and the Waterstones on the corner between Cornmarket and Broad Street is amazing!

Sorry, I'm at John's

thank you for this - i really want to get around town and check it out as i've never been. i'm struggling to focus on any work because i'm a ball of nerves which i know is normal but really frustrating lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    thank you for this - i really want to get around town and check it out as i've never been. i'm struggling to focus on any work because i'm a ball of nerves which i know is normal but really frustrating lol
    I completely understand, it's OK Just try and convert all that nervous energy into enthusiasm and excitement - you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    What are people wearing for interview? Cannot decide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner248)
    Same, I'm currently packing and and I know that I'm bringing way too much stuff but I just want to be prepared for all possibilities haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing a suit I always wear one to every interview, I find them very comfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wore a white shirt (with buttons), black pants, tucked in the shirt of course. the ties are overkill.

I just did my Skype interview for Math & Comp and that is what I wore.

ReputationRep:
    Is it ridiculous if I bring a hairdryer???

ReputationRep:
    Stressing over such stupid stuff - is it weird if I bring a wheely bag or is that bit excessive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylake)
    Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.
    Last year I had both my interviews the day I arrived. They asked me to be there by 10am and my first interview was at 1 if I remember correctly and the second was at 5. It actually worked out really well because I got both of mine done and dusted and then just hung around doing whatever I wanted to pass the time until I was allowed to leave. I prefer getting it over and done with to having to wait. A lot of people had their interviews more spread out than I did though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fangorn)
    I am, but i'm yet to see another candidate
    I am! I'll be there from the 9th to the 12th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rfo)
    Stressing over such stupid stuff - is it weird if I bring a wheely bag or is that bit excessive?
    I'm bringing a suitcase but then again I'll be there for 4 days and coming over from France... :')

ReputationRep:
    I know how easy it is to stress about these things but honestly, they don't care. It really doesn't matter what you wear. Wear formal clothes if that's what you'd be comfortable in but when I was interviewed loads of people were in jeans/trousers and jumpers. Just wear something that you'll be completely comfortable in so that you can forget about it because the last thing you'll want to be thinking about in the interview is your clothes. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.