Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm)
    Ah, thanks for the help. How would you get someone diagnosed if they refuse to go to the gp?
    No one can be officially diagnosed without it being done by a GP or a psychiatrist (and in this country, the usual route to a psychiatrist is through one's GP) :nah: Edit: I suppose theoretically a hospital A&E doctor could diagnose it, though they would usually call in the on-call psychiatrist to assess the patient, if the depression was that bad that someone had ended up in A&E...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    No one can be officially diagnosed without it being done by a GP or a psychiatrist (and in this country, the usual route to a psychiatrist is through one's GP) :nah:
    I know. There's no way they'll go to the gp. Guess i'm ****ed then.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well then i'm ****ed
    See my edit, though ending up in A&E due to depression is not an ideal route :nope:

Do you suspect you're depressed? What makes you reluctant to see a GP?

ReputationRep:
    See my edit, though ending up in A&E due to depression is not an ideal route :nope:

Do you suspect you're depressed? What makes you reluctant to see a GP?
    Haha, no. Not me. Someone i know I'm not actually sure it's depression or something else though

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind chatting but no one was really answering my q's, but lonely goatherd has now
    ah you repped my f325 quote! how are you feeling for it?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: thank you, I try to tell myself that but on nights when I'm feeling vulnerable it gets me to :sadnod:

Part of me worries that I'm just deluding myself, that I'm not really and I'm just fooling myself to make myself more interesting and I dunno, I guess I'm just not sure of anything these days. Thanks for the offer but I don't want to bother you :nah:

goodnight :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You wouldn't be bothering me at all :nah:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Haha, no. Not me. Someone i know I'm not actually sure it's depression or something else though
    Ah right, my bad, sorry

What makes you think it could be depression that they're suffering from? And why do you think they won't see a GP? Are they not admitting that they have a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plasmaman)
    ah you repped my f325 quote! how are you feeling for it?
    Which one? I don't actually remember what post it was. I just hope they don't throw a devil paper on us like f324. I find f325 a lot easier, more maths and don't have to memorise crappy mechanisms and whatnot. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, my bad, sorry

What makes you think it could be depression that they're suffering from? And why do you think they won't see a GP? Are they not admitting that they have a problem?
    Mood swings, crying for hours, long periods of silence, i don't even know. I don't know anything about depression. Something like that

ReputationRep:
    Getting train back to Cambridge, feel so light headed. Not sure why, probably blood pressure dropped at some point. Was planning to do some knitting or writing on train but felt almost travel sick when I tried that on the train to London so the new plan is to try eatingg something and see if that helps. Also really hoping the rain has stopped by the time I get there.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mood swings, crying for hours, long periods of silence, i don't even know. I don't know anything about depression. Something like that
    I can see why you're worried. If it helps, websites like the official NHS website and the mental health charity Mind have good factsheets/web pages on different mental health conditions, including depression:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depress...roduction.aspx

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.VXtXjEY0_J8

Have a read of those and see what you make of them. From your brief description, it could well be a mental health condition of some kind and it's generally (as a rule of thumb) better to nip a mental health condition in the bud, before it becomes full-blown or develops into something more long-term/serious :sadnod:

I'm afraid I really must sleep now but I hope you find the factsheets a bit useful. I'm working tomorrow and then drinks party afterwards but will reply to any posts in the evening

ReputationRep:
    Which one? I don't actually remember what post it was. I just hope they don't throw a devil paper on us like f324. I find f325 a lot easier, more maths and don't have to memorise crappy mechanisms and whatnot. Wbu?
    haha it was the "name your fears" thread
    so i though f325 was an apt answer
    yeah hopefully it should be ok, not long now

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the messages.

I've been in what I can only describe as emotional agony for the last 8 hours. I don't think ive experienced anything worse and I don't think I ever anticipated having such a horrible reaction. not one person I've spoken to has done worse than me. or even nearly as badly. If I deserved what I got last year then I feel like I deserved better this year. I really do. I am still in agony though more drained. I don't even know what to do or how im ever going to face the shame of having to tell my parents what a ****ing stupid disgrace of a daughter I am.

ReputationRep:
    So dissociated right now. He phoned me so had to talk, hate this si much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plasmaman)
    haha it was the "name your fears" thread
    so i though f325 was an apt answer
    yeah hopefully it should be ok, not long now
    Ohh yeah, lmao. You deserved that rep.
    Fingers crossed xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    thanks for the messages.

I've been in what I can only describe as emotional agony for the last 8 hours. I don't think ive experienced anything worse and I don't think I ever anticipated having such a horrible reaction. not one person I've spoken to has done worse than me. or even nearly as badly. If I deserved what I got last year then I feel like I deserved better this year. I really do. I am still in agony though more drained. I don't even know what to do or how im ever going to face the shame of having to tell my parents what a ****ing stupid disgrace of a daughter I am.
    What happened to you?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    thanks for the messages.

You're not a disgrace and you didn't deserve what you got last year, or whatever you've got this year. You're clearly very intelligent and bright - your A Level grades and the fact you got those, despite being ill, say as much. You've just been systematically let down by people at uni, ranging from welfare to your own tutor. Under these circumstances and with the level of illness, no one could have expected much more from you. So you are not stupid and you are NOT a disgrace :nah:

:lovehug:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pathway)
    So dissociated right now. He phoned me so had to talk, hate this si much
    I need to sleep but please try and stay safe. Do whatever you can to ground yourself - name all the colours you can see, say the alphabet backwards aloud, plunge your hand into ice water, etc. Remember he can't get at you anymore :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I'm just so sick of myself, there's nothing good about me at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's plenty of good things about you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean here by informed choices, but good luck nonetheless!
    I meant, that I have to do some research before making an decision and now I have them, but probably I will have some panic, soon.

I'm not great. Just spent an hour and a half on the phone sorting out my bank account with voices trying to get my attention the whole time. But at least it's sorted now. Time for a delicious cup of tea.
    Wow, that is something. I shoudl also care about that... What kind of tea? European style or Asian style?

Weired, watching prison movies in one litte dorm room...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.