Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    hmmm along with geography, my most confident subject
    What exam board are you on for geography and what topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    What exam board are you on for geography and what topics?
    OCR B, the exam is about rivers and coasts, natural hazards and economic development

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    OCR B, the exam is about rivers and coasts, natural hazards and economic development
    Oh, does OCR have two exams? In AQA there are two, one human - I'm doing tourism, the development gap and changing urban environments - and one physical - I'm doing coasts, rocks and scenery and the restless earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Do you? I don't really notice the age difference!
    I notice age! Its frustrating that I turn old months before all my friends. -_-
    But i dont think of you as a 14 (?) year old haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Oh no I meant the resit is on my birthday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the past two years, I've had exams on my birthday so I know the feeling :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    For the past two years, I've had exams on my birthday so I know the feeling :sadnod:
    That's terrible. Whats worse would be an exam the day after your bday because you'd spend the day revising.
    This is why everyone should have their babies in September! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    quick question, why are you not allowed to talk about edexcel exams straight afterwards but you are allowed to talk about CIE ones ? surely the same rules should apply as their igcse's are taken across the world ( atleast I think they are )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    That's terrible. Whats worse would be an exam the day after your bday because you'd spend the day revising.
    This is why everyone should have their babies in September! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22469216

Have you read about this? I think it's absurd, my birthday's in April and I remember joining my reception class a few months later than everybody else but I don't consider myself to be at a disadvantage to anybody else. In fact, I managed to get into a grammar school so if anything I consider than an advantage above my primary school peers and I wouldn't say the month I was born in played any part whatsoever in my education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    I notice age! Its frustrating that I turn old months before all my friends. -_-
    But i dont think of you as a 14 (?) year old haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think I notice it because I've always been younger, so I've grown used to talking to people older than me! It's going to be frustrating for me getting everything later than everyone else! Yes, I'm fourteen, I don't think of you guys as 16 (?) except when you talk about getting national insurance numbers and stuff!

ReputationRep:

Have you read about this? I think it's absurd, my birthday's in April and I remember joining my reception class a few months later than everybody else but I don't consider myself to be at a disadvantage to anybody else. In fact, I managed to get into a grammar school so if anything I consider than an advantage above my primary school peers and I wouldn't say the month I was born in played any part whatsoever in my education
    I'm born in August, and I think it's just stupid. Either way, I want to know what I actually get in exams, changing my grade won't be a reflection of my true ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    Most people in my school could do that question, god knows how it was impossible but I could do all the other questions although I completely mucked up one of the other 4 markers as I didnt read the question properly, so thats 92% and minus all the stupid mistakes probably mid 80's ... atleast i hope
    I've done harder questions of that type in Admaths. I just did a huge herpaderp
    I made a few small mistakes which I actually found and corrected though

ReputationRep:
    I'm born in August, and I think it's just stupid. Either way, I want to know what I actually get in exams, changing my grade won't be a reflection of my true ability.
    Yeah, I'd assume there'd be a spectrum rather than just children born in August if it were to be implemented but I'd hate to have such an advantage over my September-born peers - I wouldn't blame them for resenting the fact I may get a higher grade than them despite getting the same mark. I think a few months of early year schooling missed is perfectly fine. If the parents believe their children are really to such a disadvantage in joining school a few months late then then should consider a good nursery or take a few hours a day to home school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    quick question, why are you not allowed to talk about edexcel exams straight afterwards but you are allowed to talk about CIE ones ? surely the same rules should apply as their igcse's are taken across the world ( atleast I think they are )
    CIE is a UK based exam board I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd assume there'd be a spectrum rather than just children born in August if it were to be implemented but I'd hate to have such an advantage over my September-born peers - I wouldn't blame them for resenting the fact I may get a higher grade than them despite getting the same mark. I think a few months of early year schooling missed is perfectly fine. If the parents believe their children are really to such a disadvantage in joining school a few months late then then should consider a good nursery or take a few hours a day to home school.
    Yeah, if it was just August, July would be disadvantaged. It's just going too far, if people are really that disadvantaged by being born later in the year, then they can get extra help or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexgr97)
    CIE is a UK based exam board I think.
    Edexcel is, but they both have exams outside of the UK - especially seeing as CIE stands for Cambridge International Examinations...

ReputationRep:

That's the most stupid thing I've read in ages. Educated people actually believe that? While it may be the case in Nursery and Reception at most, by years 6-11 students are taught the same things and such so that no one is at a disadvantage to another. If that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I notice it because I've always been younger, so I've grown used to talking to people older than me! It's going to be frustrating for me getting everything later than everyone else! Yes, I'm fourteen, I don't think of you guys as 16 (?) except when you talk about getting national insurance numbers and stuff!
    Omg wow... 14. You're so unlike any 14 year old I know! I'll be 17 soon *vomits*.... Ahh national insurance numbers are soo old now haha... I think i lost mine. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Omg wow... 14. You're so unlike any 14 year old I know! I'll be 17 soon *vomits*.... Ahh national insurance numbers are soo old now haha... I think i lost mine. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why? What's different about me? :eek: That's old! You'll be 17 this year, I'll be fifteen this year and I'm only one year below! Well that was clever of you! I want one!

ReputationRep:
    Why? What's different about me? :eek: That's old! You'll be 17 this year, I'll be fifteen this year and I'm only one year below! Well that was clever of you! I want one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're very mature! You remind me of myself. Hahahahahaha
    Wow... That is weird. Really. Why does the school academic year start in September? Iol i looked forward to it too until it came in a brown envelope and didn't have a card... Just a number. Oh and they got my surname wrong... Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT..So you would prefer a D to a B?:pierre:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.