Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    i just listened to evanescence for the first time ever. all my life i have pretty much listened to r n b and hip hop but wow they are actually pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodyspelling)
    When did you receive this email as I am a nottingham firmer and have not received an email and am slightly panicking
    Just a few minutes ago, I wouldn't worry i doubt they'd send an email to everyone at the same time and i don't even know if it means anything. Good luck for tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    I'm waiting for my gcse results but couldn't help noticing that there are no clearing places for medicine....is that normal? So if u don't get an offer there's no way u can get in through clearing....?
    Generally that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm waiting for my gcse results but looking at this thread where everyone is so successful gives me all the encouragement in the world congrats to those who've got there's and good luck to those who haven't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    I got one too! :confused:
    Did you put them as your firm or insurance? As I put them as my insurance and got one so my firm has rejected me unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    has anyone applied to UEA and got this email yesterday from a representative? I'm an international student:

Further to your offer from UEA I am writing to inform you that I will be in [Country] next Tuesday (20th August) and would be more than happy to meet with you to discuss next steps, responding to your offer and travelling to the UK.

Does this mean I got in? Or is this a generic email they send to students who have applied to UEA? So is this not indicative to whether I got my firm offer or not?

ReputationRep:
    But I am kinda worried about my gcse results :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madz2802)
    Good luck everybody!
    What time can people go and collect their results?
    I gotta wait till 10:30am which kinda sucks but could be worse
    The worst I've heard is waiting until 12PM to collect results. ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swissking)
    i just listened to evanescence for the first time ever. all my life i have pretty much listened to r n b and hip hop but wow they are actually pretty good.
    And this is relevant how exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark94)
    Just a few minutes ago, I wouldn't worry i doubt they'd send an email to everyone at the same time and i don't even know if it means anything. Good luck for tomorrow!!
    I hope so as I'm so anxious right now I want to cry !!

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my gcse results but couldn't help noticing that there are no clearing places for medicine....is that normal? So if u don't get an offer there's no way u can get in through clearing....?
    the hard part of the application process for medicine is getting the offer in the first place, not actually meeting it. It's assumed if you're good enough to get the offer, you can get AAA/A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swissking)
    listen to bring me life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackett)
    wtf..Economics at Durham is in clearing?!

(Original post by projectile)
    My course has appeared on clearing? Any ideas on what this could mean? :confused:
    DONT PANIC

It doesnt mean that you have not got into your course at your chosen uni!
    There are many factors contributing to why a course is in clearing: People may have not met their grades, it may have not been a fully subscribed course to begin with, dont be too concerned about your course in clearing there are 1000's of other applicants as well as yourself.

And some popular courses do end up in clearing

ReputationRep:
    OMG same here! :O

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much, it's so competitive I don't think I've ever heard of a Medicine course being in Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Approaching results day:

http://tahneatnewman.wordpress.com/2...ity-my-advice/

Hopefully this will make you guys feel better

(If you're up worrying, I suggest you read it)

I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow...well today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlesanaWill)
    That's what we don't know at the moment. No clue. Tbh I'm just going to wait until I see something definitive on track.
    That's the best approach, I shouldn't have put anything at all on the student room about this nottingham email!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackett)
    wtf..Economics at Durham is in clearing?!
    Only for Non-EU applicants

ReputationRep:
    Name:  42jmu.png
Views: 404
Size:  112.4 KB
    Holy **** I am bricking myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    DONT PANIC

It doesnt mean that you have not got into your course at your chosen uni!
    There are many factors contributing to why a course is in clearing: People may have not met their grades, it may have not been a fully subscribed course to begin with, dont be too concerned about your course in clearing there are 1000's of other applicants as well as yourself.

And some popular courses do end up in clearing
    could it mean there wasn't enough applicants?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.