Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anybody at Mansfield for an interview this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armadillo1998)
    Hey! Is anyone interviewing at Mansfield this week?
    Yes i am What course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renaa)
    No wifi for applicants at Mansfield

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you at Mansfield now then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiexlouise)
    Are you at Mansfield now then?
    I am yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm arriving at Mansfield early Wednesday morning. What's it like? Have you had any interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to go down for food every meal time. Or do they not mind you staying in your room??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylake)
    Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.
    Yes, this is quite likely....when my brother applied he arrived at Merton 9am, and his first interview was at 11am. Also our neighbour was interviewed the morning she arrived at Corpus. A couple of school friends have said the same thing, so I think it's a pretty common occurrence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiexlouise)
    I'm arriving at Mansfield early Wednesday morning. What's it like? Have you had any interviews yet?
    Everyone is really friendly and it is quite down-to-earth. I had both my Mansfield interviews today, but don't know if I'm going to get anymore from other places tomorrow.
    Good luck for yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianMetalhead)
    I'm in St John's between the 13th-16th for chemistry
    (Also just created an account to reply to this because of the joy of discovering other chemists )
    Yay, fellow chemists! Might bump into you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)
    Do we have to go down for food every meal time. Or do they not mind you staying in your room??
    No of course they won't mind. The food is free though so unless you have a particular reason for not going, there's nothing to lose! Also nice to get human company and chat to some of the applicants/current students since you'll be there for a few days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renaa)
    Everyone is really friendly and it is quite down-to-earth. I had both my Mansfield interviews today, but don't know if I'm going to get anymore from other places tomorrow.
    Good luck for yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good What course have you applied for? Were you given a set day you have to stay till?

And is there plenty of opportunity to meet people then? I've heard some places put on social events for this purpose, is this the case at Mansfield, or is it kind of just walking down to the common room?

Sorry for all the questions! Hope your interviews went well

ReputationRep:
    'The number of applicants we are able to invite for an interview is approximately 3 applicants per place.'
    A stupid question, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean one in three applicants get short-listed for interview?
    Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alart)
    'The number of applicants we are able to invite for an interview is approximately 3 applicants per place.'
    A stupid question, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean one in three applicants get short-listed for interview?
    Many thanks!
    It means for every 3 applicants interviewed, only 1 will get a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)
    It means for every 3 applicants interviewed, only 1 will get a place
    Thanks! no chance for me then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rfo)
    Stressing over such stupid stuff - is it weird if I bring a wheely bag or is that bit excessive?
    nope i'm bringing a wheely bag up from london

ReputationRep:
    How likely is it that we will be called for interviews from extra colleges?
    Does that mean we could stay over another night (how many more)?
    Is that a sign that the previous colleges have rejected you or does it increase your chances of getting into oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to be at ChCh this week? I'm boarding the first of two flights from the USA and should be there mid-afternoon tomorrow. Excited but crazy nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Any history politics interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffus)
    How likely is it that we will be called for interviews from extra colleges?
    Does that mean we could stay over another night (how many more)?
    Is that a sign that the previous colleges have rejected you or does it increase your chances of getting into oxford?
    Neither. Just treat each interview independently c:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nodwod)
    Any history politics interviews yet?
    I have one at Trinity!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.