Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Eurgh Doesn't sound fun :no:

Haha That's true No more hair-flicking out the way - I mean it wasn't even *that* long, but just a lot easier when short I think
    Ah I see - Hope it went okay then either way :hugs: Exactly!

Hope it went okay :hugs: Club not for me either :nah:

Haha and apparently now skype :eek: Ah You should :hugs: Well, I don't know - I've found it helpful I think, very cathartic But then I'm not that bad I don't think :dontknow:

Haha, where/what county do you live?
    Yeah well done for going for it!

I'm okay I think, not sure - speaking to flatmates this evening about jobs/stuff just makes me think about the future and module choices and stuff and just makes me worried :sad:
    Make perfect sense, and I hope you're feeling better :jumphug:

Glad it went okay/got a bit of a way through? :hugs:

:hugs: Always around on fb if you need me/need any help or anything :jumphug:

That's annoying :/
    Would the other surgery be accessible at all?
    :hugs:

:hugs:

:dance: You doing okay? :woo:

How was it? Hope you're doing okay Noodlzzzzzzzzz

:hugs: Would also recommend trying to see someone :sadnod: Not fair for you to have to go through this alone :hugs: Available on PM too if you need it - sorta half-replied to last PM in tinychat I think? (and apologies for when I'm rubbish at replying... )
    Not as easy as my DRs, or as cheap!
    And im not going purely on principle! How can the building they operate from NOT have a female counsellor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    So happy for you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    blehhh. have a whole bunch of worksheets counsellor asked me to do before our session this afternoon that i'd forgotten about gonna have to run back from class, and somehow quickly do them without messing up my revision schedule

ReputationRep:
    Oh my. Gym induction in an hour. Absolutely bricking it, my short stubby stature against those tall muscular folk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to get out of bed today. I just don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Eurgh Doesn't sound fun :no:

Haha That's true No more hair-flicking out the way - I mean it wasn't even *that* long, but just a lot easier when short I think
    Ah I see - Hope it went okay then either way :hugs: Exactly!

Hope it went okay :hugs: Club not for me either :nah:

Haha and apparently now skype :eek: Ah You should :hugs: Well, I don't know - I've found it helpful I think, very cathartic But then I'm not that bad I don't think :dontknow:

Haha, where/what county do you live?
    Yeah well done for going for it!

I'm okay I think, not sure - speaking to flatmates this evening about jobs/stuff just makes me think about the future and module choices and stuff and just makes me worried :sad:
    Make perfect sense, and I hope you're feeling better :jumphug:
    Hair flicking can look funny though Trry having it past your shoulders! It was good, not many people came in the end (and none of the people I thought were going except the one that invited me ) but we just sat there until about 11 then everyone was tired so we all went home and one of them gave me a lift

Yep! :eek: Glad that you've found it helpful :hugs: I don't know, I can't imagine it'll matter 'how bad' people are, it'll help different people to different extents and if it helps you that's brilliant! :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Shropshire- Deyesy knew where it was! :woo:
    :console: I know what you mean there, decisions are scary Do you know what modules you're taking? I don't know where to apply, that said this time last year applying first time round I didn't even now what course I wanted to do so I guess it's improved a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :dance: You doing okay? :woo:
    Yeah I'd say things are going well right now, nothing overly exciting is happening but nor is anything bad happening either How about you? :jive:

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I need some advice, but it could be triggering so read with caution!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    so last night when drunk (never a good idea) I decided to go brush my teeth at 6 am. When I'd brushed my teeth I went to grab my water bottle, but instead drank cream cleaner. Obviously I initially spat it all out, and then I was sick a couple of times. This was NOT a suicide attempt or anything of that nature, just a mix up. I feel like I should have gotten some medical help at the time but didn't wanna panic anyone. Do people think I should get help, or just drink a lot of water and hope for the best? I've obviously got a raging hang over, but I think I feel fine otherwise
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Okay so I need some advice, but it could be triggering so read with caution!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    so last night when drunk (never a good idea) I decided to go brush my teeth at 6 am. When I'd brushed my teeth I went to grab my water bottle, but instead drank cream cleaner. Obviously I initially spat it all out, and then I was sick a couple of times. This was NOT a suicide attempt or anything of that nature, just a mix up. I feel like I should have gotten some medical help at the time but didn't wanna panic anyone. Do people think I should get help, or just drink a lot of water and hope for the best? I've obviously got a raging hang over, but I think I feel fine otherwise
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Without being anyone medical related whatsoever I'd say that if you spat it out straight away and didn't swallow any then you should probably be ok, any effects it had on your mouth would most likely have halpened by now. I would have said go get help then, but four hours later it doesn't seem like there's much point, just try and eat and drink and maybe tell a flatmate what happened (without trying to worry them), just in case they need to know later and can get help for you? And obviously if you feel ill at all other than hangover then get help immediately! That all said if you did decide to get help now it would be perfectly understandable (and probably quite sensible!)- could you ring 111 or whatever it is and explain, and see what they suggest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Without being anyone medical related whatsoever I'd say that if you spat it out straight away and didn't swallow any then you should probably be ok, any effects it had on your mouth would most likely have halpened by now. I would have said go get help then, but four hours later it doesn't seem like there's much point, just try and eat and drink and maybe tell a flatmate what happened (without trying to worry them), just in case they need to know later and can get help for you? And obviously if you feel ill at all other than hangover then get help immediately! That all said if you did decide to get help now it would be perfectly understandable (and probably quite sensible!)- could you ring 111 or whatever it is and explain, and see what they suggest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well I can't be sure that I didn't swallow any, I probably swallowed some, but I was a bit sick. I think I'm just gonna leave it and drink a lot of water. The whole flat knows, I woke one of them up when I'd done it, so I think I'll be okay! Such a scary experience

ReputationRep:
    x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I doubt you will have ingested much, especially if you were sick - so I wouldn't worry about it. Drink plenty of water and an electrolyte drink if possible :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well I can't be sure that I didn't swallow any, I probably swallowed some, but I was a bit sick. I think I'm just gonna leave it and drink a lot of water. The whole flat knows, I woke one of them up when I'd done it, so I think I'll be okay! Such a scary experience
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As Cinnie said if you were sick then you should have brought up anything you did swallow, and if people know then that's good :yep: You'll be ok, don't worry! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get myself up and ready for the appointment, got all the way into town on the bus and then didnt say any of what I really ought to have said. :cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by tasha96)
    I managed to get myself up and ready for the appointment, got all the way into town on the bus and then didnt say any of what I really ought to have said. :cry2:
    I always seem to do that Could you ring them and say what you wanted to now, or ask them to ring you back? At least you went though, that's an achievement in itself! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope you get yourself sorted Laura :hugs:

--------------
    Tearing up in my lecture, really don't feel good. It's about MH problems and it's making me uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Managed to not be late for my lecture because the lecturers computer wouldn't start

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    I hope you get yourself sorted Laura :hugs:

--------------
    Tearing up in my lecture, really don't feel good. It's about MH problems and it's making me uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Hope you'll be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Aunt just came into my room, started crying, said she has to tell me something because it's been on her mind constantly. Said that she was really upset that my boyfriend came to stay when they were on holiday and i didn't tell them before hand. It was a last-minute decision and they were already away. Now I feel awful. Am I in the wrong? Be honest.

I am 22 and paying rent for this room, and she said before that I could have people over whenever I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair when I have had to phone 111 they were bloody useless so not sure if that would actually be any help for you Laura!
    Btw, you do know you will probably never live that one down?
    As long as you are kind of ok now though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    I don't want to get out of bed today. I just don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.