Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So is this the time when we all go to sleep and realise today was all a dream and things will actually be awful when we wake up?

ReputationRep:
    I need help. My AS grades are BCC and i cant get into the mindset of being satsified with my C's.I'm really considering sending them for a remark but one of the C's is 12 marks away from a B. Do you think its possible to go to a B?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    So is this the time when we all go to sleep and realise today was all a dream and things will actually be awful when we wake up?
    Ha.

No.

(Original post by ajamal)
    I need help. My AS grades are BCC and i cant get into the mindset of being satsified with my C's.I'm really considering sending them for a remark but one of the C's is 12 marks away from a B. Do you think its possible to go to a B?
    It won't be possible to improve by 12 marks be remarking, sorry :nah: . Unless the examiner sneezed and accidentally skipped half of your paper... :holmes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    I wrote this message before but am pasting it again just incase some people have missed and can get some more suggestions.
    I really need help and im really frustrated so i got into my firm however because i hadnt completed these DBS checks and forms to fill in before late june it means now that i cant get in this year and would have to defer my place till next year. However i didnt receive any email or anything through the post saying anything about these forms to complete however others unis did send this to me and i did complete and send it.The uni has said they have sent it and there isnt anything they can do since they are "full". I feel its unfair that i cant go because of these checks that i didnt receive that apparently cannot be done retrospectively. Is there anything i can do appeal? I really need some help
    Hi,

sorry to hear that. It is a strange story that I think you should appeal or write a formal letter with supporting evidence if available. You should also seek to contact someone with authority like the Head of Department or a University Professor in your course. they may intervene on your behalf.

If you got into your firm choice, then you got in and they cannot be full. The UCAS system is a contractual agreement and once you meet your grades and the conditions attached to your offer, then I don't think that they can turn you down or defer your course, if it is not agreed by you.

If you can visit your university, then I suggest that you do that and put your case forward in person. Sending emails and phone calls may not be that effective. You should also show that you completed the DBS checks for other Universities and that you DID NOT receive the check forms from your firm choice.

If all goes against you and you feel that you want to defer your course, then feel free to do so. However, you must ensure that you have exhausted every option from your point of view.

It is also weird that they did not send your reminders to complete the forms, if it claim that they sent the forms to you. Ask them to show you the evidence that they sent you the email to complete the DBS checks.

Good luck though. I hope it works out well in the end.

ReputationRep:
    basically i got the exact same as u but BCCC but my two Cs were 1 and two marks away from a B and B was 4 Marks away from an A and my teachers just about allowed me to send them for a remark give it a go unless the C is close to a D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hashman)
    basically i got the exact same as u but BCCC but my two Cs were 1 and two marks away from a B and B was 4 Marks away from an A and my teachers just about allowed me to send them for a remark give it a go unless the C is close to a D

So how did you in your remark or did you just send it recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Just did this, thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome! I remember being in the same situation last year trying to figure it all out so I'm happy I could help!

The year goes so quickly, make the most of it and have a great time
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Ha.

No.

It won't be possible to improve by 12 marks be remarking, sorry :nah: . Unless the examiner sneezed and accidentally skipped half of your paper... :holmes:
    I hope not!!! I wouldn't be awful but I could totally see this being all a dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Ha.

No.

Not even in maths?🤔

ReputationRep:
    I got CCC dunno if thats good or bad 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffrey99)
    I got CCC dunno if thats good or bad 😂😂😂
    I had that last year but walked away with an ABB this year so... not at all xD

ReputationRep:
    So I'm still kinda numb.

Got my B in maths which I wanted after the hell I've been through the past few years. However, due to EC's I didn't complete my biology or psychology exams this summer, and instead will be finishing them next summer. As mentioned previously on this thread I believed my results sheet to be incorrect as it gave me an overall grade for A2 biology of a B, but turns out Edexcel just gave me this grade in light of my EC's without me doing the exams, which I was not expecting as I really did not think they did this even for the worst EC's.

ReputationRep:
    Even though it's all over now I've been checking into this thread for so long I still feel like I need to revisit...

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* , A, C also got into my firm choice uni of Sheffield 😆

ReputationRep:
    Relax in the fact I got BCD in my AS year, I resat 2 exams and ended up with A*AC at A2!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    Yep, I don't think it has hit me yet, but when it does will cry or whatever but will not let my depression or my predicted take over. I know what I want and I want to get it. :yep::yep::wings::wings::wink2::wink2:
    It's okay to cry and process however you need but do not let this set you back. It's motivation to absolutely nail your A levels!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if you get a remark on ocr biology coursework (f216)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    Even though it's all over now I've been checking into this thread for so long I still feel like I need to revisit...
    it's all forgotten now ~~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    Oh, if your in As now going into A2 depending on the subjects you are taking the grades you get this year will become your predicted grades, and the will have to "retake" the exams again next year but the template and the questions will be different; as you will have to go in more depth/more essay questions.
    Your grades will impact your application from what I see, they were decent/high grades so congrats!!

What will you want to remark?
    Wondering wether to get the creative writing remarked - considering throughout the year my teacher targeted me an A/B. Yet not sure wether it would be worth it as I'm dropping it anyway, and AS levels are no longer as important from my year forward due to the changes to AS/A level.. (looking to go to York, UCL, Birmingham or St Andrews to study english lit)

Thanks Jo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flylikeafly)
    Do you think I should get a remark for A-level english literature I just need 1 UMS point to go from C to B. Is it worth it, even though I got into my firm.
    From experience- yes. You're way off the D so it's very low risk. Grades in subjective subjects can change dramatically, although there has been changes to remarking this year. It just means it's harder to get a higher grade, but equally so it's harder to get a lower one. I'd go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.