Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    But then he's not doing what he's good at. Wilshere is the kinda player who'll do what it takes to win, even if that means sacrificing himself. Just hope he stays fit because he has it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree! But he's gonna get snapped! I suppose he gets other teams yellow cards! If he could stay fit, he'll probably be the player who wins the most Yellows for his opposition. Ramsey bossed it yesterday, those two playing on form with Cazorla and rosicky and Arteta

edit: I know Rosicky won't play when Arteta is back, would be nice to see a 4 5 1... that one being Benzema ! :O .. lol

ReputationRep:
    £55mill for Benzema and Di maria, 60 if wenger gets trigger happy.

Leaves us with 20mill for CM/CB happy days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

While we're dreaming, add another ~5mill of the CL money we just got and get Fellani.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

I don't understand why you think Wenger has exactly £70m to spend. Our cash reserves are in excess of £150m. I imagine a large percent is available to spend

ReputationRep:
    Di-Maria and Benzema? What have you Arsenal fans been smoking?

I swear It was from 'omg we're getting Higuain, he's a world class goal scorer' to 'wasn't worth the 35m Napoli payed for him'. Then it was 'Suarez is a world class player, Liverpool won't be able to keep hold of him. With him we'll defo be title contenders'.

You guys don't learn do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 1m
    Arsenal working on deals for Real Madrid duo Benzema & Di Maria. Also pursuing GK & defender, could spend £100m: http://bbc.in/19y8O4o #afc

I'll believe that when I see it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    "Wilshere, Rosicky, and Ramsey is better than Figo, Guti and Zidane"

- Zurich

Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Hope it comes true, would be absolutely devastating.

Walcott Cazorla Di Maria
    Benzema

:coma:

Would make things ridiculously competitive in the top 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Di-Maria and Benzema? What have you Arsenal fans been smoking?

I swear It was from 'omg we're getting Higuain, he's a world class goal scorer' to 'wasn't worth the 35m Napoli payed for him'. Then it was 'Suarez is a world class player, Liverpool won't be able to keep hold of him. With him we'll defo be title contenders'.

You guys don't learn do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Desperation and gullibility. It's weird how every single newspaper posted this story right after the match. It was either leaked by Arsenal PR or Benzema's agent, considering rumours he's about to get a new deal.

Di Maria makes more sense though once Bale arrives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nwakaeme)

- Zurich

Agreed.
    Lmao.

Benzema deal is pretty unlikely tbh, I don't think Suarez is going this window. Di Maria would be a good but for you lot though.

I think what Wenger meant by the transfer window essentially starting now is that players that you were targeting were waiting to see if you qualify before continuing talks.

I'd imagine he has quite a few deals almost fully negotiated already, was just waiting for qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

- Zurich

Agreed.
    Keeping my head down on Ramsey, being one of his harshest critics in the past.

But Rosicky/Wilshere>Guti tbf.

Also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Keeping my head down on Ramsey, being one of his harshest critics in the past.

But Rosicky/Wilshere>Guti tbf.

Also

:rofl: :rofl: I agree with you here but that image is jokes.

ReputationRep:
    why are you interested in Benzema

why not Doumbia - big, black, strong, pacey and scores a lot of goals.. also has the "clinical finisher" trait on FIFA 13 which they dont give too easily (even benzema doesnt have it)

ReputationRep:
    If we don't sign a striker this year, wouldn't mind if we went for benteke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Reckon they'd sell for 25m since they need to raise cash and because hes now surplus to requirements
    Real need to raise cash. This is real we're talking about they don't need the money.
    (Original post by noone29)
    If Bale does go to RM (which is looking likely), CR7 will move to ST/CF position. There's no way both bale and ronaldo can play as wingers, they'd be too imbalanced. Plus, they've got a couple of young strikers that they're looking to play.

It's a big risk but Real are clearly struggling to fund Bale and it would be a complete embarrassment for them should they not land him.

I think Benzema is worth that £40m. He's suited to our system. Let's not forget what Falcao, Cavani, Suarez, Rooney, Higuain went/are going for

Higuain for £34m or Benzema for £40m. Easy choice. I can see it happening but I think it will cost Ancellotti his job at the end of the season.
    Not really. Bale does work hard defensively. With 2 of alonso, illaramendi khedira playing they'd cover the flanks and tbh, they'd just outscore everyone if they're imbalanced anyway. There's no problem here.

Bit in bold, got any form of evidence for that? We know what madrid do. They buy players for world record fees and sell their other class players who don't get games for peanuts(although they got a lot for higuain tbf but he gets games). If they could do that 3 years ago why won't they do the exact same thing now? Cos of financial fairplay? :rofl: They offered tottenham the money and they've rejected it so far...

Benzema isn't going to arsenal ffs. Get that out of your head. Why would they replace him with a guy who'd probably continue his ban in spain(like barton did in france due to it being assault) suarez would also be troublesome and he'd be on the bench a lot. Furthermore your logic is they struggle to fun bale so lets sell benzema, buy suarez for the same price and buy bale too. Eitherway it's a deficit of large proportions, especially when you've considered isco and illaramendi being nearly 60m pounds alone...

Plus I don't think ancelotti is as stupid to do the same mistake he did at chelsea and leave the squad absolutely thin in the striker position if he sell benzema and only gets bale due to 'finances.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    If we don't sign a striker this year, wouldn't mind if we went for benteke
    good choice would rather have him than suarez

young, black, strong, pacey, unloyal + scores a lot of goals

could've got him for 25m when he handed in the transfer request but now theres no chance

ReputationRep:
    good choice would rather have him than suarez

young, black, strong, pacey, unloyal + scores a lot of goals

could've got him for 25m when he handed in the transfer request but now theres no chance
    because being black makes you a better footballer ?

ReputationRep:
    Just ban this guy ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    argubuly but no need to get politically correct on my arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    No but the opposition will know you have pace

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.