The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
Politics is fun when you're claiming expenses to clean out your moat around your castle. :lol:
Not fun when you're getting wrecked about it years later though
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Pragmatism means achieving something rather than achieving nothing.

Whoever said politics was 'fun'? lol
Yes but I think it's just wrong to give up your ideals does that make sense? If you give her a new ideals and you stop believing in them you aren't a person anymore.
Politics is fun.
What, so it's abhorrent to be a nationalist? Be proud of your country and want it to be a fully independent nation? You forget you're talking to an Irish nationalist here. My country isn't archaic and it is belonging in a modern society. It might be dysfunctional, but we belong.
being Nationalists and being proud of your country is tribalism. From talking to you I know that you seem to look down on me for not being Irish which isn't nice at all. The idea of countries is archaic not countries themselves.
Discrimination happened here for hundreds of years, especially between 1922-1972, and it wasn't over where you were born; it was over your politico-religious beliefs. Of course discrimination is wrong, but you're thinking about it being about race. You're forgetting it can happen over anything.
actually I'm thinking about it being over nationality not race. And country say that you're better than someone else just because you were born somewhere that where they weren't and that's kind of just stupid if you ask me. And I know discrimination happens for every reason but we should begin to slowly remove each reason.
UKIP and quite a few right wingers can barely cope with the EU sanctioning Britain, and you believe that your long term idea would work? I'm sorry, not really. It would have different ministries, wouldn't it, one for each country? Know what that basically would be? All the world's governments reconvened in one single place, which again would not make economic sense alone.
firstly the EU never sentient Britain. And yes I believe it is the only way forward do you have a more interconnected world. What do you mean different ministries for each country? It would be a similar set up to the USA which happens to work really well I think your find.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by c1s2)
He's amazing!
If you listen to his speeches carefully you can tell he has a very dry sense of humor. And his Latin jokes are amazing.
Have you heard him phillybustering ?
I have! All of those attributes are what I adore about him, plus the posh accent. :adore:
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
I have! All of those attributes are what I adore about him, plus the posh accent. :adore:
I cant find the conversation on who you are talking about, but my guess is Jacob Rees Mogg. What a guy!
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)
I cant find the conversation on who you are talking about, but my guess is Jacob Rees Mogg. What a guy!
Correct, here's my initial message.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aph occupies the rarely discussed 5th point on the political compass: lunacy. :rolleyes:

But we need a few Aphs in the world - if only to balance the crazy right-wingers.
See if I'd called Aphs views lunacy my post would have been removed and I'd get a nice blue card

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
See if I'd called Aphs views lunacy my post would have been removed and I'd get a nice blue card

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not true you know.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Correct, here's my initial message.
We need a Jacob Rees Mogg appreciation society
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why lol?

Also... you haven't? You must have at some point.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sure there is one lol
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2472

You're welcome.
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Yes but I think it's just wrong to give up your ideals does that make sense? If you give her a new ideals and you stop believing in them you aren't a person anymore.
Politics is fun.
being Nationalists and being proud of your country is tribalism. From talking to you I know that you seem to look down on me for not being Irish which isn't nice at all. The idea of countries is archaic not countries themselves.
actually I'm thinking about it being over nationality not race. And country say that you're better than someone else just because you were born somewhere that where they weren't and that's kind of just stupid if you ask me. And I know discrimination happens for every reason but we should begin to slowly remove each reason.
firstly the EU never sentient Britain. And yes I believe it is the only way forward do you have a more interconnected world. What do you mean different ministries for each country? It would be a similar set up to the USA which happens to work really well I think your find.
I don't look down on ANYONE for not being Irish. For crying out loud, I'm technically half British, I was born in London and evidentially from your abandonment of London bill, I'm quite proud of London!

That's actually quite an insult, Aph. Very rude. You were critiquing my culture the other day with a very limited knowledge on it, and that was why I was not very happy, since I have not ever critiqued yours and never will, since I don't have a knowledge on it.

In fact, I can't even continue this conversation for that simple fact that you believe that of me. I'm sorry, but you have insulted me now. I've spoken to many people on here, even in the MHoC, and not once have I told them "oh, because you're not of a similar nationality of mine, I'm looking down on you."

I thought you were better than that.
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not fun when you're getting wrecked about it years later though
True. But when your moat needs a cleaning -!
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True. But when your moat needs a cleaning -!
Of course, can't let a dirty moat get in the way of your service to the country! Nor can we let our ducks live in squalid homelessness!
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Of course, can't let a dirty moat get in the way of your service to the country! Nor can we let our ducks live in squalid homelessness!
Those ducks have done a great service to the country, sitting and quacking in ponds and amusing many a child in a park! They deserve a clean moat for their retirement!

The moat cleaning is as bad as the MPs who used expenses to pay for his Sky, pay off the mortgage, and buy the parents a house. Names will come to me on who these MPs are. I forget right now.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why lol?

Also... you haven't? You must have at some point.
People are trigger happy with the report function, I've had so many removed for 'offensive' things. I forget how up-strung and disassociated some people can be from the big bad world.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
That's not true you know.
It is true unfortunately
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An appreciation society for that insufferable fool?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is true unfortunately
No, with issues like that it's down to the person being insulted (me) and short of what teh France did with that nude photo, or a full on personal attack I don't care.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
No, with issues like that it's down to the person being insulted (me) and short of what teh France did with that nude photo, or a full on personal attack I don't care.
Anyone can report a post it doesn't matter if it was about them or not.

Nude photo???...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads