Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffus)
    How likely is it that we will be called for interviews from extra colleges?
    Does that mean we could stay over another night (how many more)?
    Is that a sign that the previous colleges have rejected you or does it increase your chances of getting into oxford?
    It is fairly likely - a lot of people are asked to go to interviews at other colleges (I wasn't, but I know lots of people who were).
    You might be asked to stay another night as a result, but you won't find this out until they tell you. How many extra nights depends on how long they ask you to stay - I know some people who were asked to stay a couple of extra days last year but who ended up not being asked to go to any more interviews in the end after all, so they just got to stay and enjoy the Oxford experience a little while longer!
    Like Hermionegrangcr said - it's neither of the two. I know how tempting it is to analyse every little thing which happens during your interviews, but the whole system is so complex that last year we found no kind of pattern to who ended up getting an offer and who didn't, so try not to think about it too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiexlouise)
    That's good What course have you applied for? Were you given a set day you have to stay till?

And is there plenty of opportunity to meet people then? I've heard some places put on social events for this purpose, is this the case at Mansfield, or is it kind of just walking down to the common room?

Sorry for all the questions! Hope your interviews went well
    The JCR is available, but dinner on the first night was where most people met/started talking. There's a few things on, but not much. So lunch/dinner and the JCR are the best places to strike up first conversations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiexlouise)
    Yes i am What course have you applied for?
    History! I'm coming down later today, what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Will be at St. John's in a couple of hours, staying til Friday, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    who else is freaking about about the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rfo)
    Is it ridiculous if I bring a hairdryer???
    Not at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoskal)
    If you apply for a joint course and the interviews for one of the two courses doesn't go that well, can you still be considered for the other course only?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is anyone at Keble right now? I'm going to arrive in an hour Biological Sciences applicant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffus)
    Does that mean we could stay over another night (how many more)?Is that a sign that the previous colleges have rejected you or does it increase your chances of getting into oxford?
    The interview timetable at http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable gives the maximum time you could be asked to stay.

The official line on additional interviews is that you shouldn't read anything into whether or not you get them. I think this is quite good advice, because in the stressful moment of interviews, the temptation is always to overthink what is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bdvuhudif533)
    Have you heard back yet? did you email them as well, what did they say?
    Emailed them sunday night but still no reply :'(

ReputationRep:
    anyone in mansfield now? Im here till friday

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, so was wondering if I could have a bit of help.

I got BBBBCCCCDDE at GCSE. My teachers think I should apply to Oxford as my GCSEs would put me in a very strong position but I was wondering if I should be aiming higher e.g. I'm thinking about Harvard and MIT.

I'm also applying for medicine as it's the only real degree out there. Some of my friends say I need work experience, but I don't think I do because of my grades...can any clarify this?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Any brasenose peeps arriving today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmallman)
    hi everyone in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, so was wondering if I could have a bit of help.

I got BBBBCCCCDDE at GCSE. My teachers think I should apply to Oxford as my GCSEs would put me in a very strong position but I was wondering if I should be aiming higher e.g. I'm thinking about Harvard and MIT.

I'm also applying for medicine as it's the only real degree out there. Some of my friends say I need work experience, but I don't think I do because of my grades...can any clarify this?

Cambridge

ReputationRep:

What a troll.

You sound like those College Confidential 'No Life' people who has higher standards than your true abilities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...niversity.html

I'm not saying Stanford, Harvard, MIT is easier to get into. And it's not harder either. So stop trolling.

ReputationRep:

This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    Any brasenose peeps arriving today?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahcharmaine)
    anyone in mansfield now? Im here till friday
    I'll be arriving in three hours and staying till Friday too, what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoNicole)
    Hey, is anyone at Keble right now? I'm going to arrive in an hour Biological Sciences applicant
    I'll be in Keble tomorrow for law on my way to Oxford now but staying in a hotel overnight so I can de-stress haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armadillo1998)
    I'll be arriving in three hours and staying till Friday too, what course are you doing?
    Maybe see you there! and arabic and islamic studies.. you?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.