Report 3 years ago
Bagsy making misc MK3
Depleted
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
Good post, making up figures is a speciality of sr90. As you say Hungary is telling them to get the **** out.

As for Britain, this country's apathy is absolutely disgusting.
I agree. What makes it worse is when people try and claim that ''there's no room, we cannot afford it'', like they have extensive knowledge of the countries budget and foreign aid policies (Osbourne today in fact said we can afford to bring these refugees into the UK, but i'm sure sr90 knows better than him).
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Do you own your own home? If so have you let the council know you are willing to take one in?
So it's a waste of a pissing post then and shouldn't be taken seriously.
What ****ing nonsense is this? There are a million things the state should do that I would be unable/unwilling to do personally.

(Original post by Mackay)
The country made its views on empathy perfectly clear on May 7th.
37% of the 66% who voted arguably did. Not saying the government isn't legitimate but it's hardly representative of public opinion. The polls I've seen suggest people think Cameron's handled the situation badly and more people should be taken in.

The debate hasn't moved beyond "let them in" or "keep them out" though, which is unfortunate.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
Bagsy making misc MK3
No one says bagsy any more

Shotgun making Misc Mk3
atom y humber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thought bagsy was a person for a second there.

No the government is legit, we got what we deserve. We live in strange time when so many u30s lack so much apathy and humanity. What's going to happen to when mid life crisis hits.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd let them in
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by atom y humber)
Thought bagsy was a person for a second there.

No the government is legit, we got what we deserve. We live in strange time when so many u30s lack so much apathy and humanity. What's going to happen to when mid life crisis hits.
Yeah I was thinking about this the other day really. We're regressing as humans in a way, considering how far the last few generations came (through WWII and 50's America etc.), we're lucky that it was us and not them or the same **** would be happening still right now. Louis. Can't rep for some reason.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Depleted)
My first ever mention :love:

Everyone always forgets the fullstop :nopity:
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
No one says bagsy any more

Shotgun making Misc Mk3
Don't beg it you nonce
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  CDjDpbRWoAAQ2ZY.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  56.5 KB

Yutes arguing about making next thread
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Louis.)
My first ever mention :love:

Everyone always forgets the fullstop :nopity:
Yeah I had to do a double take Tbf, but I knew it wasn't the straight up Louis. Good poster, one of the best.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
Don't beg it you nonce
Drl
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Meanwhile in Guardian land;

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...rban-the-awful

''Hungary needs to be tackled head-on, before it encourages more chauvinism elsewhere in Europe''

Of course, Hungary are the real problem here. Pathetic
little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't you all find it weird how nobody gave a **** until they saw one emotive picture of a child, and now everybody suddenly cares so much?

The power of a picture. And the ignorance of a population.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by little_wizard123)
Don't you all find it weird how nobody gave a **** until they saw one emotive picture of a child, and now everybody suddenly cares so much?

taking more migrants makes these deaths *increase*.

madness
Tom.x.Gotze
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Really not trying to sound elitist here, but the mass of uneducated idiots who lap up this type of thing don't really deserve the right to vote. Tbh I was pleasantly surprised to see a friend of mine stand up for the actions of the Hungarians.
Tom.x.Gotze
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Actually, culture is hugely important. Importing millions of young men from the middle east is not going to be fun.

Islam is already a plague over our roofs

I am probs gonna be flamed for this, but a lot of those young men are going to be uncivilized and used to the barbarism that becomes normalized with war.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Also a case of people who've always cared actually being given a platform to air their views, but yeah I know what you mean. Doubt it'll be on the agenda for long...remember that time we all fixed Africa by sharing that Kony video?
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Short story for you.

Last general election, on the day we voted, I tried to buy a bag of potatoes at Morrisons. Got told that one item meant I shouldn't be in the '10 items of less' lane.

Genuinely can't believe the people we let vote. That's the problem - I'd say well over 99% don't have enough information and knowledge to vote 'properly'. The EU referendum is a nightmare too - I almost have an economics PhD and I know for a fact I'm inadequate to vote in a way where I'm sure enough that one way is better than the other.
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
Really not trying to sound elitist here, but the mass of uneducated idiots who lap up this type of thing don't really deserve the right to vote. Tbh I was pleasantly surprised to see a friend of mine stand up for the actions of the Hungarians.
I guess the argument is that, if you believe we should help migrants, then the picture is a good thing - even if people didn't get to their views in what one might argue is the 'best' way to get there. Plus, now, because of one photo, people are getting involved in the whole situation and politics as a whole.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads