Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystalz)
    It's mainly that I can't have a close and intimate relationship with anyone since I'm scared to get close to anyone and I think people can't truly care for one another. But then every time I try and get close to someone they **** me over so I'm not sure how I work this out. I can try but ultimately it seems there's something about me that causes every single person I meet to mistreat me.
    Abusive relationships
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's difficult I'm sorry to hear that. I myself and I know a lot of others who have been mistreated suffer similarly from this kind of thing. I think what happens is once someone treats you badly especially when you're young you get the subconscious message that that's normal or okay even though it hurts. Then you go through life sort of with your vulnerabilities on show because you expect to be mistreated because that's what you're used to. And when it happens or you notice it happen you become more accepting or you just don't question it until it's too late and maybe the damage has already been done. It's never your fault if someone behaves in an abusive way but I'm sure that the therapist can help you understand how to notice what's potentially unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    Cant do this its too difficult
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    New meds to sort out the anaemia giving me headaches.

ReputationRep:
    This flare up is ****ing awful. I've had 3 naps already today, and done basically nothing apart from go to Tesco which I probably shouldn't have given I feel so ****ing fatigued. Dislocated my hip this morning too, and pretty sure my shoulder dislocated/subluxed during the night because it's been killing me all day. Just hate my body right now, more than I normally do. ****ing ****. Ugh and I have to pack some stuff as my mum is gonna pick up half my things tomorrow so it's not too much next week, but even using my phone is proving too much right now. EDS needs to get lost, just can't deal with it anymore.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Can't open the spoilers due to stupid bug on computer, but am finally back home from work/pub if texting anyone would help :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    This flare up is ****ing awful. I've had 3 naps already today, and done basically nothing apart from go to Tesco which I probably shouldn't have given I feel so ****ing fatigued. Dislocated my hip this morning too, and pretty sure my shoulder dislocated/subluxed during the night because it's been killing me all day. Just hate my body right now, more than I normally do. ****ing ****. Ugh and I have to pack some stuff as my mum is gonna pick up half my things tomorrow so it's not too much next week, but even using my phone is proving too much right now. EDS needs to get lost, just can't deal with it anymore.
    I completely get how horrible it is! And the dislocating in the night is one of the worst! :jumphug:

The paramedic last night was impressed with my hyper mobility when he took my blood pressure, its bloody irritating

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    I completely get how horrible it is! And the dislocating in the night is one of the worst! :jumphug:

The paramedic last night was impressed with my hyper mobility when he took my blood pressure, its bloody irritating

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just don't know what to do anymore I hate it when people are impressed with how hypermobile I am because it hurts? Haha. hope you're doing better today :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Just don't know what to do anymore I hate it when people are impressed with how hypermobile I am because it hurts? Haha. hope you're doing better today :hugs:
    Can you maybe have a bit of a rest, something to eat and drink then carry on?

Yeah its all fun and games until you wake up with a dislocated shoulder!

Im a bit better yeah, went tesco earlier and came over all funny and my right lung was killing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    :hugs:

Sorry to hear you're not too good.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: what's going on?

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Can you maybe have a bit of a rest, something to eat and drink then carry on?

Yeah its all fun and games until you wake up with a dislocated shoulder!

Im a bit better yeah, went tesco earlier and came over all funny and my right lung was killing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll try, moving just hurts too much. See, this is why I am confused, I don't recall waking up with a dislocated shoulder (partially or fully) but the pain just feels like it's recently done it. I dunno. Usually, if I dislocate or sublux at night I wake up haha.

Oh no! Are you feeling any better now? Sounds awful
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs:

Sorry to hear you're not too good.
    :hugs: what's going on?

I'm just so done. I can't do this any more. Just want it all to go away

ReputationRep:
    I'm just so done. I can't do this any more. Just want it all to go away
    Things are difficult right now, but they won't always be .Things can get better. You can do it, hang on in there.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Things are difficult right now, but they won't always be .Things can get better. You can do it, hang on in there.
    I've been trying for so long I'm too tired to fight

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying for so long I'm too tired to fight
    I know how difficult things can be but I'm sure you can fight this. (I'm really sorry I've forgotten) have you tried CBT? I know you've given medication a go.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know how difficult things can be but I'm sure you can fight this. (I'm really sorry I've forgotten) have you tried CBT? I know you've given medication a go.
    CBT won't help me they say.

ReputationRep:
    CBT won't help me they say.
    Did they say why?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Did they say why?
    Because of my OCPD. I don't want to change, I just want to know how to live with it. The dysthymia and ocpd just feed off each other

ReputationRep:
    Because of my OCPD. I don't want to change, I just want to know how to live with it. The dysthymia and ocpd just feed off each other
    Would DBT work for OCPD?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Would DBT work for OCPD?
    Dunno. All they want me to do is "talking therapy"

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.