The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol Mourinho's lot leaking this, crass prick as always. RIP to the young players. You're going to be a mercenary team.
Original post by Mackay
Say what you want about LVG - and plenty will - but just look at the youth in your squad. He's done well to whittle down the average age, and bring through the likes of Rashford and even Lingard.

Mourinho can't create stars like that. He has not got the ability. He needs a huge bankroll and a team of mercenaries to win.
YES YES YES YESSSSSSSS!!!!

The Special One is finally coming and that clown is going! **** this young player nonsense. Lingard is **** anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Mackay
Say what you want about LVG - and plenty will - but just look at the youth in your squad. He's done well to whittle down the average age, and bring through the likes of Rashford and even Lingard.

He didn't play youth for the sake of playing youth, it was largely done out of necessity due to injuries. Mourinho probably would have done the same thing under the same circumstances, because he would have had no other option.
Original post by trapking
YES YES YES YESSSSSSSS!!!!

The Special One is finally coming and that clown is going! **** this young player nonsense. Lingard is **** anyway :biggrin:

What makes the current Utd any different from City then? No traditions... No class.
Original post by James.Carnell
What makes the current Utd any different from City then? No traditions... No class.

Excuse me?

Now that has to be baiting...
Excuse me?

Now that has to be baiting...

Utd has always been about creating stars and winning trophies with them.

You just hired a guy that is the antithesis of the club's philosophy and you are perfectly happy to be another mercenary club that is no different from City.

Why don't you go to the Etihad and buy a blue shirt?
Original post by Mackay
Also, Pardew's dance was the worst thing to ever happen in an FA Cup final. Horrible man.

I thought it was smooth. Countenance was strange but 8/10 pads. That girl with the mad crush on him will be wet.
Reply 9568
Eitherway you have Mourinho, I think this is probably a bad choice but it all depends on what the club are willing to build.

United vs Chelsea will be interesting, watching you lot park the bus against us at OT instead of us being defensive will be weird to watch though...
Reply 9569
Original post by sevchenko
I wonder how much money Mou will spend, I wonder youth prospects will survive the cull

Nice one.

Original post by bigmansouf
Gotze is not leaving to your club when bayern is getting a new manager and looking to build to win CL

and liverpool is not in cl sooo for this season he is not coming

Gotze is likely to leave. He has a year left on his contract and is disappointed with his lack of gametime. They have already bought another midfielder as a potential replacement in Renato Sanches(who they paid a lot of money for) and there's simply little to no space for Gotze in the first 11, which he'd get for every PL club that's not Man City.
Valencia was MOTM btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Eitherway you have Mourinho, I think this is probably a bad choice but it all depends on what the club are willing to build.

United vs Chelsea will be interesting, watching you lot park the bus against us at OT instead of us being defensive will be weird to watch though...

I think his managerial style at Utd will be different than it was at Chelsea ,which in my opinion is what will make this next season very interesting especially with Pep coming in and Klopp having this summer to bring in the players who he actually wants. I reckon it will be a little more like the style he did at Madrid. We won't park the bus so much!

More importantly though he will hopefully revitalise this team and give it energy (something that we have lacked all season with LVG). There is no life or soul in this team that FA Cup final was awful, there was no heart/desire.

Mourinho has been definitely doing his homework while he was "relaxing".
Reply 9572
I think his managerial style at Utd will be different than it was at Chelsea ,which in my opinion is what will make this next season very interesting especially with Pep coming in and Klopp having this summer to bring in the players who he actually wants. I reckon it will be a little more like the style he did at Madrid. We won't park the bus so much!

More importantly though he will hopefully revitalise this team and give it energy (something that we have lacked all season with LVG). There is no life or soul in this team that FA Cup final was awful, there was no heart/desire.

I think the hierarchy at United are less high pressure than Abramovic, but Abramovic was willing to give him time, in comparison to the poor treatment that was given to Ancelotti. Also Mourinho was responsible in a constructive dismissal case that put the club into unneccesary legal trouble.

I doubt it would be the style at Madrid, Chelsea had the players capable of playing a faster paced attacking style of football, we played counter attacking football in 13/14 and in 14/15 played defensive possession across the back line and Matic/Fabregas unless there was an opening.

He had Ronaldo/Ozil/Modric/Alonso/Di Maria so I think it's close to impossible to play the style of football he played at Chelsea. I think a CB is paramount to this though, I blame Chelsea's heightened defensive focus on John Terry anyway and our inability to play a high line(and thus more aggressive football) with him in the team. Fabregas is also a part of the problem, he plays better deep for us than forward.

His managerial style at Chelsea was okay, then there was a problem ( the big loss to Spurs) and he almost immediately reverted to type, the arrogant, paranoid, miserable little **** who's football is turgid, uninspired and incredibly boring as he eeked out a succession of 1-0 wins to in the title that seemingly no one else wanted.

As for his record at Madrid, it boils down to him taking 3 years of his life dedicated to making everyone hate him.
In a way, kinda disappointing the news has come out to take away the gloss of Van Gaal's farewell trophy but inevitable it'd come out and take over the show although expected it to be confirmed later on in the week.

Since SAF left, the team has lost its fear factor and I hope Mourinho will bring back an aura to the side that's been missing. But exciting season ahead next. Mourinho v Pep, plus Klopp at Liverpool, Conte at Chelsea and that's without taking into account Leicester, a new manager at Everton.

Performance today until Palace scored was standard United under LVG, never really looked like breaking them down. Got slightly fortuitious with decisions but Clatternburg couldn't wait to get the red out for Smalling when he bottled it not sending Rooney off moments before, who incidentally had a good game today alongside Rashford, Fellaini.
Original post by mojojojo101
His managerial style at Chelsea was okay, then there was a problem ( the big loss to Spurs) and he almost immediately reverted to type, the arrogant, paranoid, miserable little **** who's football is turgid, uninspired and incredibly boring as he eeked out a succession of 1-0 wins to in the title that seemingly no one else wanted.

As for his record at Madrid, it boils down to him taking 3 years of his life dedicated to making everyone hate him.

Would you really have a problem if he did that for us next year though?
Feel like we'll see a side of Mourinho that we haven't seen before. At Porto and Inter his project was done, at Chelsea and Real he was sacked, we'll give him time and he'll always have a challenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9577
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Feel like we'll see a side of Mourinho that we haven't seen before. At Porto and Inter his project was done, at Chelsea and Real he was sacked, we'll give him time and he'll always have a challenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At Real he left to go to Chelsea.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
At Real he left to go to Chelsea.

Just like Van Gaal is gonna retire now then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really happy about today, great to get a hold of some silverware again. For all of his other shortcomings, I hope people remember the foundations laid by LvG; cleaning up the squad, bringing through young players and hopefully ingraining that winning mentality back into our club after the win today.

As for Mourinho, you better ****ing do things properly.

Latest