The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bruh.

You ever realised that pi doesn't actually exist.

It's a complete man made fabrication.

Imagine how many things exist that don't really exist.
Original post by The.Joker
Got my holiday booked, can't wait to chill out in the sun. ☀️

were are you heading?
Original post by swirly
Bruh.

You ever realised that pi doesn't actually exist.

It's a complete man made fabrication.

Imagine how many things exist that don't really exist.

The actual number yeah but the ratio is there
Original post by The Wavefunction
The actual number yeah but the ratio is there

Not sure about that one pal.

With the way it was taught in schools I always thought it would play a bigger part in life :frown:
Original post by fallen_acorns
were are you heading?

Dubai!
Reply 9565
Original post by swirly

With the way it was taught in schools I always thought it would play a bigger part in life :frown:

Growing up, quicksand and banana peels seemed like they were gonna be life threatening problems.
Original post by fallen_acorns
anyone here into vinyl/records?*

Yeah, my parents got me into it. Have about 200 records, mostly classic rock, bit of RnB, punk, soul etc. Stuff they bought in the 70s and then a few I added for collection purposes. Got some good ones, the Velvets, Sabbath, Kate Bush, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, everything Bowie did from Space Oddity to Never Let Me Down. Would imagine if I sold them they'd be worth quite a bit now as they're all originals and in good nick.

Kind of interested in starting to buy some + a player..

It's not worth it.

Is there any way to aproach this without being a douche?

I liked it last year when I was spending the evening with around 8 people at a friends place, and he had a record player with a huge collection of records.. all night, people were going up and picking through the music and putting on what they wanted to listen to whilst we ate/talked/drank/played etc. It was much more social and involved then just having an ipod conected to a speaker in the room.

But.

Almost all of the people I know who buy records are douches. Typical hipster cereal-cafe man-bun fake-glasses, bands youve never heard of, obscure festivals, organic pasty types..

Is there any way of being into records without being a dickhead?

[video="youtube;lVmmYMwFj1I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I[/video]*

Nope.
Original post by Rk2k14
Well you'd expect a grown man's life to be more interesting on a student forum. Some of us are yet to experience the big wide world.

Grass ain't always greener tbh bro

You take your mind with you wherever you go and whilst someone on the internet might seem more interesting and their pictures on Facebook might seem like their life is amazing. You don't know really what they're thinking.

I'm really quite depressed and down about life, but from my posts and talking to me, you probably wouldn't think that.
Reply 9568
Original post by zKlown
Grass ain't always greener tbh bro

You take your mind with you wherever you go and whilst someone on the internet might seem more interesting and their pictures on Facebook might seem like their life is amazing. You don't know really what they're thinking.

I'm really quite depressed and down about life, but from my posts and talking to me, you probably wouldn't think that.

It wasn't an insult or anything. Just you'd expect an older person who's now working, to have better experiences than a student.
Some game this in the Swedish Allvenskan, Hammarby 2-2 Djugarden at half time. Hammarby pulled it back from 2-0 down. Atmosphere is unreal.
Original post by Rk2k14
It wasn't an insult or anything. Just you'd expect an older person who's now working, to have better experiences than a student.

Was wasn't taken as an insult, don't worry.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Some game this in the Swedish Allvenskan, Hammarby 2-2 Djugarden at half time. Hammarby pulled it back from 2-0 down. Atmosphere is unreal.

Hipster nonce.
Amusing how scum Northern clubs, Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Sunderland....find Chelsea brothers in arms.

Not saying anything.
Mourinho - scum
Original post by swirly

Pi is everywhere, pi is life
Original post by The Wavefunction
Pi is everywhere, pi is life

That's what they want you to think ffs.

You have to open your eyes like the bulimic on the see saw, then they won't get anything over you head!!
Reply 9576
Original post by Zürich
Mourinho - scum

You were right.
Reply 9577
Original post by swirly
That's what they want you to think ffs.

You have to open your eyes like the bulimic on the see saw, then they won't get anything over you head!!

Original post by bammy jastard 27
You were right.

Did you care how boring his football was when he was at Chelsea, or were you not overly bothered providing he won you trophies?

Why can't you ever just back anything I have to say :colonhash:

Latest