Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
I have?
Assuming that UCL interviews 800 applicants and gives offers to 600 of them

Good luck!
madani191
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I just hope i get an interview, I think that they would probably stop sending interviews by the end of this month, so my stress levels are of the roof.
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Failure By Design)
Assuming that UCL interviews 800 applicants and gives offers to 600 of them

Good luck!
Source? Actually, I'll go have a look myself...if I can find it.

Of course, if it is true, we're assuming they haven't already interviewed roughly 650 applicants and given out 500+ of the offers.
Failure By Design
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
Source? Actually, I'll go have a look myself...if I can find it.

Of course, if it is true, we're assuming they haven't already interviewed roughly 650 applicants and given out 500+ of the offers.
I believe I got those figures from one of their official sources, when I first saw it I thought the offer:interview ratio was too high.

True, but at the same time UCL interview in order of priority (favourites first and then down the list, with the BMAT cut-off guaranteed applicants being interviewed some time during the cycle) and they interview until they run out of offers, which means that it shouldn't make a difference when you are interviewed or how many people have already received offers since they haven't run out of offers. Also, IIRC offer decisions are made at the interview (ie. you are not compared to other interviewees unless you end up on the waiting list which seems to be rare compared to the waiting lists of other med schools). Basically, **if you have an interview they have a place for you if you are worthy of an offer**
bullolozer
Report 9 years ago
Anyone else geeting interviewed on the 25th?
TENDYRAAA!
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
rrrrrrejection via track today. I really liked UCL aswell. Reason was 'bmat was too low' and I got a total of 18. bler. Only down-side was the EXPENSIVE accommodation....

ARRRG still no interviews, and 2 rejections. greatttttttt. Might end up taking a gap year and re-applying.

OH WELL ITS THEIR LOSS.
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TENDYRAAA!)
rrrrrrejection via track today. I really liked UCL aswell. Reason was 'bmat was too low' and I got a total of 18. bler. Only down-side was the EXPENSIVE accommodation....

ARRRG still no interviews, and 2 rejections. greatttttttt. Might end up taking a gap year and re-applying.

OH WELL ITS THEIR LOSS.
Ah well. Chin up, here's hoping you'll get in elsewhere!
Failure By Design
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TENDYRAAA!)

OH WELL ITS THEIR LOSS.
What? 18 too low? Damn
What did you get in each section?

I'm sorry to hear about your rejection
Sunny1171
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got 18....Rejection today. Thats 2 now and no interviews. FML.
_lynx_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sunny1171)
I'm sorry to hear that. You've still got two left. I'm in the same position as you.

Do you mind telling us what you got in each section of the BMAT?
Sunny1171
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by _lynx_)
I'm sorry to hear that. You've still got two left. I'm in the same position as you.

Do you mind telling us what you got in each section of the BMAT?
5.2 3.8 9

They obviously don't care about you getting 9 section 3 with people getting interviews with 6.

If i don't get in anywhere this year arghhh *suicidal thoughts* :shifty:
_lynx_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5.2 3.8 9

They obviously don't care about you getting 9 section 3 with people getting interviews with 6.

Hmm, well I think that they must have scored pretty well in S1 and S2 if they got an interview with a 6 in S3.

You've still got two options left and if it comes down to a gap year, there's plenty of stuff to do!
Failure By Design
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5.2 3.8 9

Oh snap!

I'm so sorry to hear about your rejection

With the way things are going, I'm next in line for a rejection I've got very similar scores to you, total of 18 with a 9 in S3.

Oh well... at least I've got a heads up and know what to expect :thumbsup: I've always thought I'd be rejected by UCL, but now I know for sure... :yep:

Good luck everyone! I'll be back here to post when I get rejected by UCL - it's only a matter of time
madani191
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Failure By Design)
Oh snap!

I'm so sorry to hear about your rejection

With the way things are going, I'm next in line for a rejection I've got very similar scores to you, total of 18 with a 9 in S3.

Oh well... at least I've got a heads up and know what to expect :thumbsup: I've always thought I'd be rejected by UCL, but now I know for sure... :yep:

Good luck everyone! I'll be back here to post when I get rejected by UCL - it's only a matter of time
Same with me have a score of 18.3 with 5.2, 4.1, 9, so I'm in dangerous waters now
Neomaster121
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Rejected from UCL

damn thats 3 out of 4 gone
crazy_smurf
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Neomaster121)
Rejected from UCL

damn thats 3 out of 4 gone
Sorry to hear about the rejections guys, good luck with your other choices :console:
madani191
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crazy_smurf)
Sorry to hear about the rejections guys, good luck with your other choices :console:
Smurf have you got an interview and what's you're bmat score if you don't mind me asking
crazy_smurf
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by madani191)
Smurf have you got an interview and what's you're bmat score if you don't mind me asking
nope no interview i got 5.7, 4.3, 9
madani191
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crazy_smurf)
nope no interview i got 5.7, 4.3, 9
hopefully, we'll get some news soon, today was definately a case of no news is good news
crazy_smurf
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by madani191)
hopefully, we'll get some news soon, today was definately a case of no news is good news
yeah definitely lol, makes me sick with nerves when i see a fresh batch of rejections being handed out :sad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise