Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've received an acknowledgement e-mail from Birmingham today and I sent my application on wednesday...

(Original post by AyonFazal)
    haven't even gotten those acknowledgement e-mails yet
    you're applying to economics in warwick and nottingham as well! if you get an offer let me know...
    I really want one of those...

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine yesterday

how long do you guys think it's gonna take before LSE and UCL reply?

haven't even gotten those acknowledgement e-mails yet

Don't worry - it will take a while for the universities to process your application.

My tutor told me that it's not unusual to not get any offers until after your UCAS welcome pack comes through. Like you, I had my UCAS sent off yesterday and I'm not too worried about not hearing from any uni just yet - give it a bit of time. Best wishes on you getting offers.

ReputationRep:
    When does your welcome letter come after you've applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    When does your welcome letter come after you've applied?
    Mine took a week.

Gahhh I was really hoping I'd hear something today (there seems to be a lot of offers on Fridays), but nothing

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    Haha, well that's what you get if you apply to Viking Studies - they only have one student in the current first year! So I doubt they have many people to get through in that particular department. A friend of mine sent his off on 10th October and got an offer from Notts on 14th November, so I think it really varies between departments! (He was doing Geography if that helps)
    0_0
    Really lucky you guys!

My course is in a different department to yours.
    I didnt even think my course was competive or popular!

Well still no news today.. So the waiting continues and so does my obsession to track.

By the way is Nottingham your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any offers on weekends?

If there has been, I'll probably just spend my entire weekend refreshing track. :rolleyes:

I'm stressing. I just need one offer to feel better... Just one! (preferentially from Nottingham or Warwick or Birmingham)
    I just keep hearing about people getting offers hence the building up of anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    So worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coco_love)
    0_0
    Really lucky you guys!

My course is in a different department to yours.
    I didnt even think my course was competive or popular!

Well still no news today.. So the waiting continues and so does my obsession to track.

By the way is Nottingham your firm?
    yeah it's my firm, if i don't get into Nottingham then I'm reapplying next year, it's the only place I want to go. What course are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiningmer)
    When did you send your application?
    On the 13th of November. I received my offer letter from Liverpool on the 18th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riso)
    On the 13th of November. I received my offer letter from Liverpool on the 18th.
    wow. I wish I would get offers that quickly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Warwick and LSE acknowledged!

So now I know they have my application.

does UCL acknowledge?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick and LSE acknowledged!

So now I know they have my application.

does UCL acknowledge?
    Yes they do, I remember them acknowledging much later than the rest though.

ReputationRep:
    Today is one week since I applied. Nothing yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    yeah it's my firm, if i don't get into Nottingham then I'm reapplying next year, it's the only place I want to go. What course are you taking?
    Yeah Nottingham is my firm as well, if I dont get in I dunno what I'll do =S
    I hope to god I get in .. I just love the place!

I've applied to do International Media & Communnication.

ReputationRep:
    'Your applicatiom has been sent for consideration' its driving me mad! Does it still say this even when you have offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlharcourt)
    'Your applicatiom has been sent for consideration' its driving me mad! Does it still say this even when you have offers?
    Yeah but apparently it changes once you've had replies from all the Unis to which you applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlharcourt)

Yeah it does. In fact nothing changes, there is still this information page about invitations (can I get rid of that one somehow?) and the start pages looks the same too! I was kind of confused when I got an email saying that track had been updated and at first it still all looked the same... :rolleyes:

Anyways.... I'm outta here, at least fro the next few days. I got an offer from Glasgow today and I know I have somewhere to go next fall. :woo: I hope I'll be more relaxed now, although I really can't wait to hear from Notts, Sheffield & York

ReputationRep:
    *glares at Track, bangs on computer. work damnit work. lol*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I never got an acknowledgement from Sheffield, just an offer after about a week.
    Oh Wow!! Well done on your offer! Do you mind me asking what subject you go it in. The same thing happened to me with Sussex - I didn't get a letter/email but I got an offer a few days ago.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.