Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    My current plan is to be a student for ever...I get stuck at what I do after the second phd though...
    I didn't want to do a PhD until I discovered that the other medical applicant from my secondary school (who was rejected) is now doing one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I didn't want to do a PhD until I discovered that the other medical applicant from my secondary school (who was rejected) is now doing one.
    Random reason to do a phd lol :p:

I just want to escape responibility for as long as possible, I probably won't end up doing a phd let alone two (though if I do I might be really annoying and make people call me doctor doctor)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I just want to escape responibility for as long as possible, I probably won't end up doing a phd let alone two (though if I do I might be really annoying and make people call me doctor doctor)
    That just makes me think of "doctor doctor!" jokes

ReputationRep:

I'm rather competitive :ninja: Nah, I was always thinking of doing some form of post grad research, whether that's at Masters or Doctorate level I guess I'll figure out along the way. The doctorate would be fun to have, so I could be Dr Miss Becca-Sarah :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Zane Lowe is DJing at the club we're going to tonight. Should be fun.

ReputationRep:
    See I though the whole obesity thing was mostly societal expectations - thin is good etc tec. Saw a list today with someone with a BMI of mid sixties...I doubt no more. Also, life is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    To be honest, there are a lot of things I'm wondering along those lines too, just in general (i.e. here).
    All these figures are quite worrying, if reliable, we'll soon see the products of these austerity cuts, and I highly doubt it'll be nice, not least in the short term

I didn't know that! It's the motto of the RAF, which is where I got it from. How does it fit into the book?
    from wiki:

"Title of a play depicting the history of the fictional Maycomb County in To Kill A Mockingbird, in which the translation is given as from the mud to the stars."

:p: I think the play's about harvest etc, hence the "mud" interpretation haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    All these figures are quite worrying, if reliable, we'll soon see the products of these austerity cuts, and I highly doubt it'll be nice, not least in the short term

from wiki:

"Title of a play depicting the history of the fictional Maycomb County in To Kill A Mockingbird, in which the translation is given as from the mud to the stars."

:p: I think the play's about harvest etc, hence the "mud" interpretation haha
    the alternative is to spend millions servicing the interest on our debt every day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    the alternative is to spend millions servicing the interest on our debt every day...
    Well or we can go zimbabwe style to pay for it all.

Which we are doing a little more subtly with 5% inflation.

I have an axe to grind wrt inflation though.

ReputationRep:
    Well or we can go zimbabwe style to pay for it all.

Which we are doing a little more subtly with 5% inflation.

I have an axe to grind wrt inflation though.
    1000000% inflation is the future!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    1000000% inflation is the future!
    Bah when I am older I will probably end up moving to a tax haven thus meaning anything this country does won't matter.

Or the Freeman route if it work which I really really hope it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Yes indeed, but The Middlesex in the name (as far as I know) referred to the Middlesex hospital (which, according to wikipedia, was closed in 2005 and demolished in 2008).
    I did my work experience in that Middlesex hospital. It's not that long ago that it was around! Had an absolutely lovely chapel. Did they demolish that??

ReputationRep:
    i did not come to medical school to learn about statistics and probability! if i see the words sensitivity and specificity again, i will do something irrational!

ReputationRep:
    I may have just bought myself a beautiful motorbike

Getting to DGHs further afield will be a doddle now

A guy in my year pays silly money to park his car at the hospital everyday - my charge - nothing ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I may have just bought myself a beautiful motorbike

Getting to DGHs further afield will be a doddle now

A guy in my year pays silly money to park his car at the hospital everyday - my charge - nothing ^_^
    Your death/serious injury risk... not nothing.

But congrats :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Your death/serious injury risk... not nothing.

But congrats :p:
    Hahah - I cycle a lot and tbh - not any bloody safer as I don't have a horn and no ability to get out of situations with speed.

Also I wear a lot of gear on a bike - on a bicycle I'm in like whatever clothes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Hahah - I cycle a lot and tbh - not any bloody safer as I don't have a horn and no ability to get out of situations with speed.

Also I wear a lot of gear on a bike - on a bicycle I'm in like whatever clothes
    That's surely the very heart of the problem :p:

Nah, fair play. I suspect you may well be safer on the motorbike. And I don't want to be a kill joy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    That's surely the very heart of the problem :p:

Nah, fair play. I suspect you may well be safer on the motorbike. And I don't want to be a kill joy.
    But if anything should happen you'll be the first to say "I told you so" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha don't worry I get this all the time from everyone.

I could just live in a titanium box for ultimate safety but that would be no fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    But if anything should happen you'll be the first to say "I told you so" :p:
    I'd never be so smug :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.