Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vovin)
    This terrifies me... I've got 10 exams this summer, I'm doing somewhere between 1 and 3 hours revision a day, depending on my day; I don't have much of a concentration span. How do people even find the time to do 6+ hours?
    They must stay up to like 1 aha! Revise efficiently and you'll be fine. I can learn a topic in less than 2 hours if I actively learn eg. Teach somebody, creating a poster way (brilliant when you need to lean biology cycles), continuously testing yourself. Better than reading notes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely ****ting it, I feel as if i'm trying to get too much done which results in me not revising/learning 'properly' gaaaaaah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vovin)
    This terrifies me... I've got 10 exams this summer, I'm doing somewhere between 1 and 3 hours revision a day, depending on my day; I don't have much of a concentration span. How do people even find the time to do 6+ hours?
    It's actually quite easy when you find some useful techniques that allow you to do so. I had the same issue as you I just couldn't revise 6+hours but here are my techniques that have allowed me to do so:

-Get someone to make you a timetable, tell them to be harsh in the amount of time spent revising. (My brother did this and gave me no free days, all my days have at least 5 hours revision)
    -Get rid of your phone, give it to a responsible sibling or your parents (I gave it to my brother, he hides it whenever it's time for me to revise, his hiding spots are just too good to even bother searching)
    -Whenever you don't stick by the timetable tell someone that you will give them £1-2 of your pocket money (I give my brother this amount if he sees me watching TV when I should be revising).
    -Give a list of distracting websites you go on frequently to someone who knows how to block them on your computer. You can only check them when you have free time, but you have to use your phone (I blocked youtube, the guardian, facebook & tumblr).

Try my technique for a week, and see for yourself. I'm not going to lie, my social life is almost non-existent atm, but it's only for 2 or so months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing around three hours a day for my four A2 subjects. I'm only at college 5 hours a week so should be doing a lotttt more.

ReputationRep:
    I am really scared! I am not doing enough revision and I don't really know how to either. I am not doing great in school as well. Can anyone help with this? It's a bit vague but I just need some sort of help n what to do. I procrastinate too much and ahave a short attention span :confused: Please help! any hep will be greatly appreciated thanks!

ReputationRep:
    About 4 hours every day. And then my brain refuses to cooperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylank)
    I am really scared! I am not doing enough revision and I don't really know how to either. I am not doing great in school as well. Can anyone help with this? It's a bit vague but I just need some sort of help n what to do. I procrastinate too much and ahave a short attention span :confused: Please help! any hep will be greatly appreciated thanks!
    watch motivational videos on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFnmsCnr6g
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...kTzFiIggMWrDZD

ReputationRep:
    Umm thanks? I'm not sure how these will help me with my revision technique though.

ReputationRep:
    Umm thanks? I'm not sure how these will help me with my revision technique though.
    it will get you in the mood to study..the rest will just fall in place
    i was in the same situation as you...kept on procrastinating and had no idea how to go about revision..after i watched this videos i became serious..you'll get plenty of good revision techniques if you google it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    it will get you in the mood to study..the rest will just fall in place
    i was in the same situation as you...kept on procrastinating and had no idea how to go about revision..after i watched this videos i became serious..you'll get plenty of good revision techniques if you google it
    Ok, Thank you very much i will look at them. Should i do it everytime before I study?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, Thank you very much i will look at them. Should i do it everytime before I study?
    not necessarily
    i just watch them whenever i lose motivation

ReputationRep:
    i have 10 exams but 4 of them are economics as and a2 which i will get U's in which doenst matter for my offer. so only 6. fp2 fp3 s2 m3 and 2 physics exams. tbh i say i revise i just put on music and read. nothing goes in. i think though that soon i'll hit panic mode. its more that i do as much as i can without my brain overheating. but i'd say thats roughly 5-6 hours a day. for anyone doing c1-c4, you shouldnt panic. look for patterns. i did them last year and got 100's. a* in single maths. theres always one question from eachc chapter. so try to recognise which chapter. also learn integration a lot for c4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    not necessarily
    i just watch them whenever i lose motivation
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem101)
    i have 10 exams but 4 of them are economics as and a2 which i will get U's in which doenst matter for my offer. so only 6. fp2 fp3 s2 m3 and 2 physics exams. tbh i say i revise i just put on music and read. nothing goes in. i think though that soon i'll hit panic mode. its more that i do as much as i can without my brain overheating. but i'd say thats roughly 5-6 hours a day. for anyone doing c1-c4, you shouldnt panic. look for patterns. i did them last year and got 100's. a* in single maths. theres always one question from eachc chapter. so try to recognise which chapter. also learn integration a lot for c4.
    How do you revise cores? Im doing c2 c3 and c4. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2/3 hours a night would be PERFECT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyugly)
    How do you revise cores? Im doing c2 c3 and c4. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    tbh maths is a stragne subject. if it doesnt click, you're gonna have to work hard to get an A*. I believe im good so it wasnt that hard (compared to physics ). but you should just look at past papers. so for c4 you knwo that partial fractions will come up, you know certain things have to. if you just look through all sections in the chapter and see what they can throw at you, the only thing that changes is the numbers. so instead of x+1 it might be x+2 but you just adapt. as long as you can do the x+1 one then the x+2 should be a piece of cake. good luck.

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys find the time/motivation/energy/willpower to do 6+ hours a day?! I get home from sixth form at 4, then do homework till 6, eat, start homework again at 7 then by the time I'm done it's half 8 and I can't bring myself to revise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_slatch)
    How do you guys find the time/motivation/energy/willpower to do 6+ hours a day?! I get home from sixth form at 4, then do homework till 6, eat, start homework again at 7 then by the time I'm done it's half 8 and I can't bring myself to revise!
    I do as much homework as I can in school. So when I get home I can revise. I also stick to a timetable with breaks. Going for a walk really helps and talking to those who are also going to the same uni as you. It motivates me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    I do as much homework as I can in school. So when I get home I can revise. I also stick to a timetable with breaks. Going for a walk really helps and talking to those who are also going to the same uni as you. It motivates me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can't do homework at sixth form since I have no frees really struggling to fit in past papers etc, especially with the recent ISA prep

ReputationRep:
    Got bio ISA test tomorrow and I'm in TSR procrastinating
    :facepalm2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.