Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obdreno)
    I think it's where each GCSE grade is assigned a certain value and you add them all up and divide by the amount of GCSEs you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right, do you know what the value is for each grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    Right, do you know what the value is for each grade?
    My college has:

A* = 3
    A = 2
    B = 1
    C > = 0

And 20 was "good" enough to get into Honours or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    My college has:

A* = 3
    A = 2
    B = 1
    C > = 0

And 20 was "good" enough to get into Honours or something.
    Ah thanks, I wonder why the VIth form I'm going to asks for an average point score of 5.8. :confused: Must be a different system or something.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks, I wonder why the VIth form I'm going to asks for an average point score of 5.8. :confused: Must be a different system or something.
    Maybe there's is:

A* = 8
    A = 7
    B = 6
    C = 5
    D = 4
    E = 3
    F = 2
    G = 1
    U = 0

?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there's is:

A* = 8
    A = 7
    B = 6
    C = 5
    D = 4
    E = 3
    F = 2
    G = 1
    U = 0

?
    That must be it, thanks

Wait did you make that up or get it from a source?

ReputationRep:
    That must be it, thanks

Wait did you make that up or get it from a source?
    Source: Common sense :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Source: Common sense :cool:
    That's a very trustworthy source.

ReputationRep:
    That's a very trustworthy source.
    It is :W

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Hey,

Which exam board do you have for As-level chemistry this year?

Jatz
    WJEC

ReputationRep:
    what grades are you aiming for at A-level?

Oh and is it ok if maybe throughout the year I might get stuck on c2 to ask you and Ryan for help?

Jatz
    I have grades in my head,,don't wanna say them until I'm sure

Yeah

ReputationRep:
    I consider myself lucky in that I already have the required GCSE grades for three of my A-levels...just need to panic over English Lit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    What's wrong with two ? If Obiejess is hoping to study law then physics isn't exactly a required A-Level subject.
    That's the point lol. 6 A levels is a lot of work and considering 2 of the subjects are sciences, which are not really needed (as far as I know) there's not really much point. May aswell just take 4, all of which seem somewhat relevant, and make life easier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyExams)
    That's the point lol. 6 A levels is a lot of work and considering 2 of the subjects are sciences, which are not really needed (as far as I know) there's not really much point. May aswell just take 4, all of which seem somewhat relevant, and make life easier!
    I'm not doing them all at the same time, I'd be doing 8 if I could I'm doing A French 2 years early amd AS Maths a Year early. Because of my sixth form I can only take 4 to A2 but might squeeze in BS as an AS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What A-levels are you doing?

Jatz
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths, and English Lit. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Unlike Year 10 Results Day, not looking forward to it at all this time :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    I consider myself lucky in that I already have the required GCSE grades for three of my A-levels...just need to panic over English Lit...
    Same for me for maths and further maths

ReputationRep:
    it seems that people dont want to do physics? i have chosen BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND MATHS(6 UNITS).
    However i am not too sure about physics. Maybe you guys can advise me what i can do instead of physics. I want to study medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    I don't already have the grades, but I'm pretty confident I already have what I need for my subjects... I think even if I lost 3/4 of the marks in the final exams for them I would still get into the courses so nothing to worry about for me really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    it seems that people dont want to do physics? i have chosen BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND MATHS(6 UNITS).
    However i am not too sure about physics. Maybe you guys can advise me what i can do instead of physics. I want to study medicine.
    I think that's the most desireable combination of A-Levels for medicine, but you could replace physics with something that interests you like a language or humanity without losing out in your application. Just make sure you choose something that interests you and something you do well in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    I'm doing Physics, but that's because I want a career in it, for Medicine I don't think it is all that helpful, so if there's something more useful or that you enjoy more take that I would say

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.