Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)
    Haha why's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Liked the course structure, campus is amazing, great sports stuff, plenty to do, medical school is really impressive and its pretty much perfect distance from home as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossMacdonald)
    Yeah reapplication! I applied to Edinburgh, St Andrews, Dundee and Aberdeen! You?
    Same but i applied for glasgow instead of edinburgh, why did you not give glasgow a shot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi-)
    Same but i applied for glasgow instead of edinburgh, why did you not give glasgow a shot?
    Needed 5 A's for higher from 5th year, I got AAAAB

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could tell me, roughly, what my chances are of getting edinburgh ( it's my first choice!). I have AAAAB for S5 highers, and AA for highers in S6, as well as AA for adv chem and maths! My UKCAT is 777.5, Band 1, and I have lots of work experience and do sport (swimming) at a national level! Thanks!
    What is your B in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine96)
    What is your B in?
    Maths! Had a terrible maths exam that year!

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, really wanted to apply to Glasgow. Damn that English exam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreyaCat)
    I have the same problem, really wanted to apply to Glasgow. Damn that English exam...
    Same, Glashow would have been my first choice! Not really sure why it's AAAAA, nowhere else in Scotland is! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Same, Glashow would have been my first choice! Not really sure why it's AAAAA, nowhere else in Scotland is! :mad:
    It's really annoying, Dundee will take you with AAABB :/

ReputationRep:
    It's really annoying, Dundee will take you with AAABB :/
    I don't understand it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand it!
    Glasgow and Strathclyde both have really high academics for all there courses.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow and Strathclyde both have really high academics for all there courses.
    I know, I understand that. Though, you'd think though that considering Glasgow isn't the best medical school in Scotland they'd have their academics more in line with what the majority of medical schools in Scotland have I.e. AAAAB

ReputationRep:
    I know, I understand that. Though, you'd think though that considering Glasgow isn't the best medical school in Scotland they'd have their academics more in line with what the majority of medical schools in Scotland have I.e. AAAAB
    I know some people think its because their trying to raise there ratings by only accepting those with AAAAA.

ReputationRep:
    I know some people think its because their trying to raise there ratings by only accepting those with AAAAA.
    Yeah well, it is what it is I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well, it is what it is I guess!Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah and had to get rid of one of the five anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Also a scottish applicant. Also with 4A's and a B. Just read your comments.......don't you think its because Glasgow are being honest and transparent. The rest really are REALLY asking for 5 A's????

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and had to get rid of one of the five anyway.
    I guess so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me what Scottish unis look at SJT and how much??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oright

ReputationRep:
    Thats really unlucky, so many people have just missed out on glasgow i think. Its just to many competition i think so theyve just 'upped' their game.
    The B in minimum requirements is like a sort of safety net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akjam)
    Could anyone tell me what Scottish unis look at SJT and how much??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does it matter too much now since applications have been sent away?
    Only edinburgh, theyre one of the few in the UK to look at it but ive been told if there are borderline cases between candidates then they will use the SJ

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.