Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    From reddit

EDIT 224 2:32 PM: Father told media the boys were planning on going back to Russia in a few days.

They probably thought they were going to get away with it.

Edit: I finally found Hazel and Howe on google maps. I think the Mt Auburn Cemetary would be a good place to hide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    A 19 year old has brought the city of boston on its knees its unbelievable how they havent caught him yet
    It is unbelievable how you havnt considered the size of the area and the amount of places he could be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeurmind)
    Soz hard
    'Sorry hard'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    It is unbelievable how you havnt considered the size of the area and the amount of places he could be!
    there are 9,000 police officers looking for him, they got swat etc /the whole nine yards...they've shut down shops and businesses and schools, people have been asked to stay at home I understand its a big city but I just think they should have got this kid already

ReputationRep:
    mother ****er has set up another bomb
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    They seem to be setting up a perimeter around a car.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it, what's this car they keep going on about? Surely if it's within their line of sight, they don't need people looking for it, or do they expect the suspect to come out a house and into the car?

ReputationRep:
    What does E Honda have to do with any of this?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    I don't get it, what's this car they keep going on about? Surely if it's within their line of sight, they don't need people looking for it, or do they expect the suspect to come out a house and into the car?
    I think there's a suspected bomb inside. They mentioned "multiple circuit boards" before and are requesting the bomb disposal units.

ReputationRep:
    Nice of the internets to provide the killer with live updates on what the police are doing.

ReputationRep:
    How did they connect the dots here? How did they know those that were responsible for 7/11 stick up also carried out this attack? The photos from the marathon can't have been that clear if those responsible were wearing cap and shades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    I believe this is a car he slept in, they're expecting him to return to it.

Edit: They found multiple circuit boards in a car. It could be unrelated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronki23)
    How did they connect the dots here? How did they know those that were responsible for 7/11 stick up also carried out this attack? The photos from the marathon can't have been that clear if those responsible were wearing cap and shades
    The photo in this article is pretty clear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...n-bomb-suspect

You can tell from the facial features and curly hair that it's the same guy. Also, after the photos were released the brothers then shot a police officer and then carjacked an SUV, leading to a chase that resulted in the shootout, from which Dzhokar escaped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronki23)
    I think they did most of it by tracing who dropped the bags. The photos were quite clear as one of the guys wore his cap backwards with no shades.

However that doesn't rule out the possibility of there being other parties involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    I believe this is a car he slept in, they're expecting him to return to it.
    They honestly expect him to return to it, in an area that's in a state of lockdown?

Also, how retarded can these brothers be? I'm assuming they wanted to escape, instead they get caught trying to rob a convenience store

ReputationRep:
    Dont understand the whole convenience store business. I thought they would have wanted to escape quietly

ReputationRep:
    The kid must be absolutely ****ting himself! 19 years old, on his own, with all those guys after him
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    The kid must be absolutely ****ting himself! 19 years old, on his own, with all those guys after him
    After 19 hours on the run with no access to a toilet, he probably has **** himself by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    Dont understand the whole convenience store business. I thought they would have wanted to escape quietly
    Once their photos were released, there's no way they could return home or use their bank cards. It seems they were expecting to get away with it and to get on a flight to Russia a few days later.

Robbing the store makes sense if they need money (which they would, to escape)

Edit: Lol! Ad for the Church of Mormon on the livestream!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Nice of the internets to provide the killer with live updates on what the police are doing.
    You reckon he's hooked up his headphones to his iphone and is listening in? It seems reasonable to assume this would vitiate his situational awareness, and that he's not using any electronic devices for fear of being tracked

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.