Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    They say the interview lasts for 15-20 minutes but it felt more like 5 to me. When I went in the clock said 11.00 and when I left it said 11:20ish so 20 minutes. But quickest 20 minutes of my life. But that's what has me worried. Was it quick because I enjoyed it? Or was it quick because I wasted time? I guess I'll find out in a few weeks time hopefully.
    I really hope that they liked you. Yeah you'll find out soon enough

I don't know whether to focus my preparation more on my own qualities or the medical profession (duties of a doctor, nhs, ethics).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I really hope that they liked you. Yeah you'll find out soon enough

I don't know whether to focus my preparation more on my own qualities or the medical profession (duties of a doctor, nhs, ethics).
    For this interview I prepares both. One can help answer questions about how you would fit in medicine whilst the other is quite good for ethical questions. One thing that I felt hard when preparing was creating a structure to my answers, i had the knowledge but it is nothing without structure and I feel that is the main reason I am currently worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picnmix)
    What makes you say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people are getting interview invites for eg 18th December, so I don't see them going past 18-19th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kcl2009)
    Some people are getting interview invites for eg 18th December, so I don't see them going past 18-19th
    Oh right....waaaaah!

Hopefully we'll hear in the new year. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For this interview I prepares both. One can help answer questions about how you would fit in medicine whilst the other is quite good for ethical questions. One thing that I felt hard when preparing was creating a structure to my answers, i had the knowledge but it is nothing without structure and I feel that is the main reason I am currently worried.
    Ahh I see. Would you suggest that in our preparation, we write down answers on paper and memorise them? Or do you mean like having a framework in your head for different type of questions?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't kings mmi?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had the thought
    That kings give out interviews based on the UCAS applications they receive first? Ie. The earlier the you submitted your application, the earlier they receive it, and the earlier you possibly get a reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Grad applicants

I checked MyApplication today and saw a message from Kings asking that I send them my UKCAT reference number to allow them to match UKCAT scores with applicants.

They need this info by Dec 2nd

Thought I would mention it as it appeared on the portal but I did not get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    Isn't kings mmi?
    Its MMI format for graduates only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWFC4life)
    Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.
    from everyone that has interviews at my college I would definitely say they're doing ukcat+gcse to rank applicants! around 8 people at my school have interviews and the first ones all have ukcats above 800 and 10A*+ and last week everyone with 9-10 A* and 750ish ukcats were called!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
    from everyone that has interviews at my college I would definitely say they're doing ukcat+gcse to rank applicants! around 8 people at my school have interviews and the first ones all have ukcats above 800 and 10A*+ and last week everyone with 9-10 A* and 750ish ukcats were called!
    I have 9a stars and 837.5 ukcat and no interview

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask if there was a lot of reference to your personal statement during the interview? its ok if u cant answer bc of the disclosure thing, lemme know

ReputationRep:
    i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep
    Congrats! What were your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocochannel1)
    I have 9a stars and 837.5 ukcat and no interview
    I have very similar stats and also don't have an interview I don't think it's as simple as GCSEs+ukcat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    I have very similar stats and also don't have an interview I don't think it's as simple as GCSEs+ukcat
    I do think that the SJT banding has a part to play too, the majority of the people on the stalking page seemed to have band 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BAZ1NGA)
    I do think that the SJT banding has a part to play too, the majority of the people on the stalking page seemed to have band 1
    Yeah maybe, but I thought there were some with band 2/3? Then again they might have loads of a*s to make up for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Congrats! What were your stats?
    thanks! 12A*s at GCSE, AAAB at AS, and UKCAT 760 Band 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    Yeah maybe, but I thought there were some with band 2/3? Then again they might have loads of a*s to make up for it
    Probably :L, I haven't looked that closely but that seems logical , I don't think that anyone knows to be honest, I just feel now that we won't hear anything just now, so am hoping we hear something in the new year :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BAZ1NGA)
    Probably :L, I haven't looked that closely but that seems logical , I don't think that anyone knows to be honest, I just feel now that we won't hear anything just now, so am hoping we hear something in the new year :P
    Yeah i know there's really no point in trying to figure out how they're deciding but I just can't stop thinking about it Fingers crossed for after christmas though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.