Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There is no point calling them up..I did and the woman was horrible and she grunted when I asked her why and just repeated that there was increased comp. For places and when I asked for details she said she didnt know

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm in an interesting predicament then. I have applied with a tariff score of 460 but I am sitting General studies this year and redoing my chemistry so my predicted tarrif points for the end of the year is 600. Whether or not they will take GS and the chem resit into account for interview selection I'm unsure about which is scary. My only possible saving grace would be my 830 UKCAT average. Fingers crossed this saves my ass

ReputationRep:
    do barts accept critical thinking as part of tariff points?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about all the rejections but have any internationals been rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UCAS tarriff- 560
    UKCAT 700

Rejected

ReputationRep:
    how are these rejections coming through? on UCAS track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 987987654)
    how are these rejections coming through? on UCAS track?

Yep track. they don't have the decency to send us an official letter either.

I have 4 A*s achieved in bio, chem, maths, and physics. I don't even know how this is possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazam)
    UCAS tarriff- 560
    UKCAT 700

Rejected
    That's ridiculous!! How can it be that much more competitive this year!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    That's ridiculous!! How can it be that much more competitive this year!?
    You won't believe the amount of angry I am right now!!! All that hard work, not even an interview.
    Neither my ucas or ukcat are too high, but they are decent. Its not fair. Ive emailed them but I doubt Im going to get a reply.
    Now I'm seriously worried about my other choices, I'm a reapplicant so if I'm rejected again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    Sorry to hear about all the rejections but have any internationals been rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im an international, haven't heard back anything. I am waiting for a rejection now, my stats are no where as good as some peoples here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by padmamango)
    Im an international, haven't heard back anything. I am waiting for a rejection now, my stats are no where as good as some peoples here.
    Don't lost hope! No news is good news at this point I'm an international too and I haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to ask this question! Has there been more rejections today? I've read the previous posts but not sure if those rejections were from yesterday or today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    Don't lost hope! No news is good news at this point I'm an international too and I haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by padmamango)
    Me too!! The wait is killing me...
    I have 682.5 ukcat and 660 tariffs. What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    any int'l heard anything yet? 640 Tariff and 680 UKCAT here!
    Found this (2013 cycle)

A100Applications
    2,369*candidates*applied*to*A100 *.*Of*those,*1,469*were*rejected *prior*to*
    interview*and*900*were*offered*i nterviews.**
    We*use*the*UKCAT*and*the*UCAS*Ta riff*scores*of*applicants*in*a*5 0/50*weighting.*
    Indicative*scores*of*students*wh o*were*successful*at*gaining*an* interview*are:*

Top*and*Bottom*examples:**
    Bottom*tariff*(460)*with*a*high* UKCAT*,3170*

Top*tariff*700*and*a*low UKCAT(2,400)***
    Mid*range*examples:**
    Tariff*620*UKCAT*2,420*
    Tariff*520*UKCAT*2,760*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherazhar)
    any int'l heard anything yet? 640 Tariff and 680 UKCAT here!
    Found this (2013 cycle)

A100Applications
    2,369*candidates*applied*to*A100 *.*Of*those,*1,469*were*rejected *prior*to*
    interview*and*900*were*offered*i nterviews.**
    We*use*the*UKCAT*and*the*UCAS*Ta riff*scores*of*applicants*in*a*5 0/50*weighting.*
    Indicative*scores*of*students*wh o*were*successful*at*gaining*an* interview*are:*

Top*and*Bottom*examples:**
    Bottom*tariff*(460)*with*a*high* UKCAT*,3170*

Top*tariff*700*and*a*low UKCAT(2,400)***
    Mid*range*examples:**
    Tariff*620*UKCAT*2,420*
    Tariff*520*UKCAT*2,760*
    It was last year though. The competition has gotten much fiercer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    It was last year though. The competition has gotten much fiercer
    exactly! but since rejections are coming in we can estimate the UCAS/UKCAT combination for 2014 using their stats . That's y i posted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherazhar)
    exactly! but since rejections are coming in we can estimate the UCAS/UKCAT combination for 2014 using their stats . That's y i posted it.
    I see what you mean now. Anw, what is your prediction for this year combination?

ReputationRep:
    rejected with ukcat: 660
    ucas tariff: 580

ReputationRep:
    just an approximation! only for mid-ranges since very few data in hand.

520/2860
    620/2600

give or take about 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dineshn17)
    rejected with ukcat: 660
    ucas tariff: 580
    apparently this year with 580 tariff you need 700+ UKCAT. good luck with the other choices!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.