Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Well you've pretty much got a guaranteed win against us as we have forgotten how to play football so I wouldn't worry too much.

Blackpool seem to be sinking so you've definitely got a good chance there. Barnsley are if anything possibly even worse than us.

So I wouldn't say you had anything to worry about at all.
    Not if the recent form table is anything to go by. Only Huddersfield are below us.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/pag...~20137,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Not if the recent form table is anything to go by. Only Huddersfield are below us.

Take heart, our two wins were Doncaster and Millwall and we have been conceding 3+ in our losses.

We haven't beaten a club currently above us in the league since December.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

All the other teams who have a possibility of being relegated are towards the foot of that table too, bar Charlton, so I don't see how that proves your point. Birmingham can't win at home and I read somewhere that Blackpool have won 3 of their last 27 league games :lolwut:

Leeds will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    All the other teams who have a possibility of being relegated are towards the foot of that table too, bar Charlton, so I don't see how that proves your point. Birmingham can't win at home and I read somewhere that Blackpool have won 3 of their last 27 league games :lolwut:

Leeds will be fine.
    But we play the teams at the bottom. If they take points off us, it's effectively a double whammy. At least when we get beat we have the comfort of other teams getting beat. It'll be bad if we get beat by Blackpool, Barnsley & Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    But we play the teams at the bottom. If they take points off us, it's effectively a double whammy. At least when we get beat we have the comfort of other teams getting beat. It'll be bad if we get beat by Blackpool, Barnsley & Birmingham.
    You have 5 teams between you and the bottom 3, and it would also need Millwall to pull off an 8 point and 20 goal swing. I just don't see it happening. Donny, Blackpool and Charlton also have vastly inferior goal differences so you can add an extra point to what they have to make up on you as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    You have 5 teams between you and the bottom 3, and it would also need Millwall to pull off an 8 point and 20 goal swing. I just don't see it happening. Donny, Blackpool and Charlton also have vastly inferior goal differences so you can add an extra point to what they have to make up on you as well.
    I know it's unlikely. But the Championship is a crazy league, anyone can beat anyone on their day. I'm just not ruling anything out until we are mathematically safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but what does everyone make about the 7 players arrested / questioned for spot fixing? http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-26887860
    From a York point of view, it's a real beep that Ben Davies is involved. Class player with a great future - I'd hope it's a case of mistaken identity / just trying to eliminate him from their suspects - to get involved with something like that at his age with a good career ahead of him is just utterly stupid
    Is this the same people involved in the Sodje fixing ring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Is this the same people involved in the Sodje fixing ring?
    I would imagine so.
    I don't think I could hate any players more than I do the Sodjes. Particularly Onome.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by bun)
    I would imagine so.
    I don't think I could hate any players more than I do the Sodjes. Particularly Onome.
    Almost everyone who has been arrested has some kind of connection to the Sodje brothers. Perhaps the players being questioned were just bribed to keep quiet?

I still think this is the tip of a very large iceberg.

Rotherham's draw tonight means we just need 6 points from 15 to go up. This is getting closer and closer.

ReputationRep:
    All games starting 7 minutes late today in honour of the Hillsborough disaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watford demonstration again how not to defend a 1-goal lead in injury time. We might actually get promotion someday if we didn't mess up in the dying moments of a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    I would imagine so.
    I rather liked Akpo in his short time at us. Just unlucky to get crocked like he did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    Watford demonstration again how not to defend a 1-goal lead in injury time. We might actually get promotion someday if we didn't mess up in the dying moments of a game.
    At least under Zola we could concede in any minute of the game, under Sannino it seems like we can only concede in the last ten... Sensing a bit of a clearout coming this summer...

ReputationRep:
    Today is a day for our fans. It may only be League One but after the mess we have created, all of our own doing over the last couple of years it is a good day! Now lets get to 100 points.

ReputationRep:
    Big win at Elland Road. And Yesterday Managing Director David Haigh resigned.

His departure comes on the day that West Yorkshire Police confirmed they were "investigating allegations of funds being misappropriated for the purchase of technical equipment".

There is no suggestion that the two events are linked.

Head of crime for Leeds, Det Supt Pat Twiggs said the investigation, which is believed to involve payment for unauthorised hidden cameras, had started after a report was made by the Championship club on Wednesday.

He added: "Enquiries are at an early stage and we are not in a position to give any further information about the nature of the allegation."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Today is a day for our fans. It may only be League One but after the mess we have created, all of our own doing over the last couple of years it is a good day! Now lets get to 100 points.
    Congratulations. Although it would have been pretty much impossible for a team with access to £16m in parachute payments alone not to be promoted from a league where the average turnover is I'd suspect 3 times less.

Also heard that dingles are going to take over ****fields in a few weeks with City fans mass protesting on the hill. Fully expect Clarke to bag 5...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    At least under Zola we could concede in any minute of the game, under Sannino it seems like we can only concede in the last ten... Sensing a bit of a clearout coming this summer...
    Points towards a lack of fitness and concentration. Both the manager and players responsible for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Congratulations. Although it would have been pretty much impossible for a team with access to £16m in parachute payments alone not to be promoted from a league where the average turnover is I'd suspect 3 times less.

Also heard that dingles are going to take over ****fields in a few weeks with City fans mass protesting on the hill. Fully expect Clarke to bag 5...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers! I agree it would have been ridiculous if we hadn't gone up, but to have rebuilt with the academy as much as we have is pleasing.

Probably true, it's gonna be a big party which I can't see your fans approving of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Cheers! I agree it would have been ridiculous if we hadn't gone up, but to have rebuilt with the academy as much as we have is pleasing.

Probably true, it's gonna be a big party which I can't see your fans approving of.
    Don't begrudge you guys enjoying it at all. With Leicester strolling to promotion as well though the ****tyness of being a Coventry fan couldn't be more apparent! 44 years with no top 6 finish...blegh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.