Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    I feel like the commentators are making excuses for murray so far e.g the sun is in his eyes etc etc when nadal can cope with it fine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They were doing the same for Djokovic, when Gulbis was untroubled by it. When I say the same, I mean they weren't so much making excuses so much as they were merely pointing it out.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is being too passive. Like what does he expect is going to happen if he just pushes the ball back to Nadal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    34 minutes, this is glorious.

ReputationRep:
    To think how much hype there was over this match and how much I was looking forward to it. What a damp squib.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Murray proving why he is average on clay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Murray proving why he is average on clay.
    If he was playing the way he is on any other surface the score line would still be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if the French crowd start booing him at this point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nadal's forehand near its best, but Andy has become the old, passive Andy. Where's the aggression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    If he was playing the way he is on any other surface the score line would still be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if the French crowd start booing him at this point
    He is very passive. Needs to start being more aggressive.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the speed on his shots. He's just trying to go loopy like the game the other week but Nadal's getting it onto the forehand and releasing.

ReputationRep:
    Are we about to see the greatest comeback of all time? Absolutely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Where's the speed on his shots. He's just trying to go loopy like the game the other week but Nadal's getting it onto the forehand and releasing.
    His return of serve has been beyond poor today.

ReputationRep:
    lol, Murray is getting battered here.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is suppose to be the one of the best returners in the game and he is up against a guy who doesn't exactly possess a great serve and yet he couldn't mount a single break point. What a joke!

ReputationRep:
    ****ing lol, just saw the score, strong rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Murray is suppose to be the one of the best returners in the game and he is up against a guy who doesn't exactly possess a great serve and yet he couldn't mount a single break point. What a joke!
    Nadal is a different animal at RG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    I feel like the commentators are making excuses for murray so far e.g the sun is in his eyes etc etc when nadal can cope with it fine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dunno I would go that far, I just think Nadal is that much better on clay tbh, Murray's only chance was that he had an amazing game and/or Rafa had an off day.

Murray has done pretty well to reach the semis though given he hasn't got a coach & supposedly isn't fully fit, I imagine once Andy has a new coach & after getting fitter through tournaments like this he should be back toward his best, I'd love to say he can win Wimbeldon but he has work to do to get there yet imo

ReputationRep:
    I could have done some revision instead of watching this overhyped match. Only 6 games...

ReputationRep:
    nadal decimating it lol. was a mixture of murray being poor and complacent and nadals masterclass. nadal will run away with the french open imo

ReputationRep:
    Why is Nadal crying? Not paid attention to the speech.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, we will have a new champion on Sunday. C'mon Nole!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.