Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de jure)
    PFO Weil.
    Sorry to hear that. Did you receive that before or after doing the critical reasoning test? I submitted just before the Christmas break and haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza77)
    Rejection from HSF where am I going wrong?!?! :confused:
    Pretty much everyone gets some rejections, I wouldn't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    I usually go with the former!

(Original post by J-SP)
    Really doesn't matter if it's just an email/enquiry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Pretty much everyone gets some rejections, I wouldn't worry about it!
    Yeah I know, but I am struggling to even get past the application stage, 1 was from a firm I had already interviewed with last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza77)
    Yeah I know, but I am struggling to even get past the application stage, 1 was from a firm I had already interviewed with last year
    How many applications have you made?

ReputationRep:
    Macfarlanes AC tomorrow! Very excited/nervous

ReputationRep:
    Simmons & Simmons AC

Not sure what date yet.
    Congrats Still in two minds as to whether to apply...

ReputationRep:
    How many applications have you made?
    7 so far, waiting on one more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawyer20)
    Good luck! Let us know how it is

ReputationRep:
    rejection from Simmons and HSF today, brutal! All I've got left now is my Baker app, and my interview with Macfarlanes, pressure is truly on there now...

Gonna get a couple more applications out as back ups before the month is out, nabarro and DLA Piper probs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawyer20)
    Good luck!! I look forward to hearing what it was like, I'm nervous for mine in a week! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Yes, I've been invited to AC with NRF, I didn't mention the skills gained. You can try to work these in elsewhere in your application!

I have a vacation scheme at Jones Day, interviewed very early on!

No news for me from any more firms today. :-(
    Ah cool, thanks for that response.

Woah, that's absolutely great; congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Received a Freshfields AC invite. Anyone have a vac scheme offer from there yet?

ReputationRep:
    On my last interview I was told my arguments in the case study lacked structure. Does anyone know how to structure an argument well in relation to an article. I cannot seem to get to grips with it. Is there a particular process that helps?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyangelg)
    On my last interview I was told my arguments in the case study lacked structure. Does anyone know how to structure an argument well in relation to an article. I cannot seem to get to grips with it. Is there a particular process that helps?

I didn't realise we would have to be structuring arguments in relation to case studies :afraid: I thought they would usually be more of a discussion

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to Irwin Mitchell and received a response requesting telephone interview? Or any friends/classmates?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyangelg)

It's about keeping what you are saying concise and using evidence to back up what you are saying.

If it lacked structure, I suspect they thought you were being a little long winded/rambling in what you are saying.

I might be wrong though, but that's the type of comment I would give in feedback if I just felt what someone was saying needed better delivery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Anyone applied to Irwin Mitchell and received a response requesting telephone interview? Or any friends/classmates?
    I haven't applied this year but last year when I submitted my application they were pretty quick in inviting me for a telephone interview - I think it was about 4 days (this was for a TC though)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise we would have to be structuring arguments in relation to case studies :afraid: I thought they would usually be more of a discussion

(Original post by J-SP)
    It's about keeping what you are saying concise and using evidence to back up what you are saying.

If it lacked structure, I suspect they thought you were being a little long winded/rambling in what you are saying.

I might be wrong though, but that's the type of comment I would give in feedback if I just felt what someone was saying needed better delivery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was a discussion but I had to have arguments in relation to what I wrote and why etc. I got a rejection after an AC at Links and they said the main issue was the depth and structure in the case study interview. It was soo hard.

Thankyou J-SP, what you are saying seems right as it was a bit rambly and a bit wishy washy. I am really trying to work on it for my next AC on thursday but I don't know how especially as I have no clue what it will be about

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I haven't applied to any yet as I wanted to work in patent law. Had 2 job interviews then and got 3 lined up but I've started to become more interested in law in general. I just did the winter vac scheme with Bristows as I'm really interested in IP law. Is anyone else looking at IP law and has anyone applied to Bird & Bird and Olswang? Best of luck everyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.