Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    Wow that's early! Congrats and I hope it goes well this time i should probably get around doing my etray at some point...
    Same.. Tonight perhaps. It's hard to find 2.5. hours where I'm ready to focus and not exhausted, whilst I have a full-time job!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankers1088)
    Same.. Tonight perhaps. It's hard to find 2.5. hours where I'm ready to focus and not exhausted, whilst I have a full-time job!
    Could you possibly do it Saturday morning? Not ideal but better then 10 at night

Also decided to apply for the summer diversity programme, nothing to lose that I can see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Could you possibly do it Saturday morning? Not ideal but better then 10 at night
    I went into work on a Saturday afternoon, purely to take advantage of an empty office environment when I was fully awake. A bit grim, but hopefully worth it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)

Also decided to apply for the summer diversity programme, nothing to lose that I can see
    Plans to watch the Rugby this Saturday I'm going to try and leave early today and do it this evening. If not, Sunday!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashshashin)
    I went into work on a Saturday afternoon, purely to take advantage of an empty office environment when I was fully awake. A bit grim, but hopefully worth it...
    That's not a bad idea actually I tend to use one of the computer rooms on my old campus as the internet is a little less dodgy

(Original post by frankers1088)
    Plans to watch the Rugby this Saturday I'm going to try and leave early today and do it this evening. If not, Sunday!
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaXDXD)
    Thank you! Congratulations too XD I have been told my orientation session is the 19th of December. I'm excited but very nervous! Does anyone know when the actual assessment centre will be? Is it likely to be in January?

The Orientation Session is the day before your FSAC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by udum)
    The Orientation Session is the day before your FSAC!
    Are you sure? I only ask as I have my orientation on the 1st Dec but no date for the FSAC so I will be booking a train home for that night back to Manchester...eek. I hope I don't end up in the wrong city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo131278)
    Are you sure? I only ask as I have my orientation on the 1st Dec but no date for the FSAC so I will be booking a train home for that night back to Manchester...eek. I hope I don't end up in the wrong city

I emailed Parity about it - as I thought my FSAC was scheduled for the day after my Orientation, and apparently this is not usually the case, so ignore me!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it..the doubt had set in.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I enjoyed the E-tray as much as I hoped I would. I had hoped for the thrilling experience of a lifetime that would open my eyes to the wonders of governmental work, shining light on just what it means to grow beyond our feeble human limitations, but instead I was just sat for about two hours counting the number of justifications they could give for wiping my name from all British records. Let's not go into specifics but, at best, I gave maybe one or two suggestions and even then they seemed to be pushing it a bit. I didn't send a particularly long email. It was just about the length they give you before the page extends. Maybe they'll invite me to interview as a means of providing a comedic break between the important interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for the etray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consultingstude)
    Any tips for the etray?
    1) Be a quick reader.
    2) Don't be a slow reader.

The practice etray is pretty indicative. Same pace etc. To be honest it's primarily the written exercise I didn't like, and I'm not sure I could give much advice for it other than don't do whatever it was that I did (which I obviously can't discuss).
    Be sceptical, objective and get it over and done with I'd say.

I had some trouble keeping my concentration up on the task toward the end of the two hours. Perhaps make the most of the breaks ?

ReputationRep:
    Got an invitation for the commercial/ finance assessment center on the 3rd December.

Is it normal for assessment center be this early? Shouldn't there be an orientation day beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have been successful in the competency stage, now I have to choose 1st and 2nd preference for the scheme. However, my question is there any advantage of choosing the central department as a first preference rather than second preference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan_ni)
    NI FSAC 6th January
    I too passed the E Tray for the NI scheme but still 'Awaiting Invitation' how long was it before you got the date, would like to start getting travel planned if it was early Jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAX Inc)
    Hey guys, I have been successful in the competency stage, now I have to choose 1st and 2nd preference for the scheme. However, my question is there any advantage of choosing the central department as a first preference rather than second preference?
    Nope. If you want the Diplomatic of HoP options you must list them first in order to be considered (this means you can't go for both of them). If you put one of them first but are unsuccessful at the FSB your application will automatically revert to Central Depratments as your second choice.

So only put Central Departments first if you definitely have no interest in the other options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManifoldManifest)
    Nope. If you want the Diplomatic of HoP options you must list them first in order to be considered (this means you can't go for both of them). If you put one of them first but are unsuccessful at the FSB your application will automatically revert to Central Depratments as your second choice.

So only put Central Departments first if you definitely have no interest in the other options.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Passed e-tray for GCS
    Congrats on passing the e-tray! How long did it take to find out? I've just done mine
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejc27)
    Congrats on passing the e-tray! How long did it take to find out? I've just done mine
    I finished it about 5pm, then when I woke up the next day I had my results. They weren't there before I went to bed I don't think. So if you've immediately passed you should know by the morning hopefully?

Good luck
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Will stop following this thread. Didn't pass the ORAC. Sad is an understatement as to how I feel right now :sigh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.