Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Honestly if I was you I'd go for another A*AA, you'll only really need 1 AAB for a backup because you'll almost definitely get into them
    Hmm thanks for your confidence but I'm not sure, do you think unis like Bath, Bristol and Notts use predicted grades as a main factor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAV 123)
    Haven't had that yet. I might go though, I haven't seen Notts at all.

I really want to get an offer from Warwick, are grades AAAB with predictions A*A*AA good enough for them you think?
    Ah I got my offer on Friday and it took until today to get the letter, so you should probably get one soon

Same I really want Warwick too! It's my favourite after Cambridge! I cant see why those grades wouldn't be, you meet the entry requirements so that should be good enough

ReputationRep:
    Nah I only just found out over UCAS earlier. Considering that it's my 5th choice uni and I live near Cardiff I probably won't go to a visit day lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kriterz)
    Hmm thanks for your confidence but I'm not sure, do you think unis like Bath, Bristol and Notts use predicted grades as a main factor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah as well as AS grades I'd imagine, I'd say you'd have a good shot with somewhere like Nottingham tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Nah I only just found out over UCAS earlier. Considering that it's my 5th choice uni and I live near Cardiff I probably won't go to a visit day lol
    Ah fair enough, what are your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as well as AS grades I'd imagine, I'd say you'd have a good shot with somewhere like Nottingham tbh
    Hmm maybe but I heard they, along with Bristol, look at GCSEs as well, and mine aren't good compared to other students applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I got my offer on Friday and it took until today to get the letter, so you should probably get one soon

Same I really want Warwick too! It's my favourite after Cambridge! I cant see why those grades wouldn't be, you meet the entry requirements so that should be good enough

Thanks, it really is such a good university. I would be happy to go to Nottingham, but Warwick has to be my #1/#2 choice. Hopefully having better than the predicted grades mean I can get an offer from Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kriterz)
    Hmm maybe but I heard they, along with Bristol, look at GCSEs as well, and mine aren't good compared to other students applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe bath then, they've given out a fair few offers already so you could have a look on university connect at how well people have performed at gcse and AS to compare yourself too?

ReputationRep:
    maybe bath then, they've given out a fair few offers already so you could have a look on university connect at how well people have performed at gcse and AS to compare yourself too?
    Yeah I will, thanks for your help, good luck with your application and congratulations on Nottingham and Leeds offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Nottingham for A*AA :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a320airbus97)
    Congratulations! I've applied for BSc Economics L100 at QMUL but am still waiting for an offer.
    Thank you. That's great! Finally somebody from the Eco dept!.. When did you apply?

(Original post by esha_28)
      Thank you. That's great! Finally somebody from the Eco dept!.. When did you apply?
      I applied of 20th October

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aso816)
      What's your prediction and what is the offer?
      congrats
      Predicted A*AA in Economics, Maths and Biology. Offer is AAA including A Maths. What about you?

ReputationRep:
      just out of curiosity, did anyone do the BASE competition this year?

ReputationRep:
      Just received A*A*A from Exeter for Economics with Study Abroad - ( Had hoped that might stop it being as high as just straight Economics). Was just wondering, does anyone know if Exeter had a similar policy in previous years with 2/3+ A* predictions equalling A*A*A offers?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dstunr)
      Everyone that's got an offer from Nottingham so far, can you tell me your stats ? Cheers
      I've got an A*AA offer from Nottingham with:

3 A's at AS (94.1% average)
      6A*'s and 5 A's at GCSE
      Predicted 3A*'s at A2

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Chelsea7497)
      Just received A*A*A from Exeter for Economics with Study Abroad - ( Had hoped that might stop it being as high as just straight Economics). Was just wondering, does anyone know if Exeter had a similar policy in previous years with 2/3+ A* predictions equalling A*A*A offers?
      I did the same with the international study option and got the same offer. I've never heard of them doing it before, it's stupid as it just puts people of putting them down as an insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Ah fair enough, what are your other choices?
      Oxford, UCL, Warwick and Bath. Fair to say you're a big fan of Warwick too so I might see you there haha

ReputationRep:
      My GCSEs are 4a*'s and 6a's, will this hinder my application to Warwick, Durham or Bath at all? Thanks for any help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hukdealz)
      so many cats out there do economics in the hope of one day becoming a 'city boy' investment banker.

reality: the majority of 'city boy' investment bankers are physics or maths graduates.
      It doesn't matter what you study and everything to do with what uni you go to.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.