• Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Imank01)
    Ok. Especially as I have a new I.C.T teacher
    Cool!

What is the project you're doing this year for the course work?

ReputationRep:
    That was it. First day nailed. Honestly... it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. How much coursework have you all got going on to start with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    That was it. First day nailed. Honestly... it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. How much coursework have you all got going on to start with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We started our geography coursework prep just before the summer and we had to do research for homework because we are going on a field trip next week. And today felt like forever today because we didn't to much actual learning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watch Educating the East End. What are your thought sand comments?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Starting the second piece of geography and loads of art as always

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    Starting the second piece of geography and loads of art as always

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All of my geographical friends appear to be doing their second piece, too. So glad I didn't take geography xD But, then again, amount of music coursework always makes up for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All of my geographical friends appear to be doing their second piece, too. So glad I didn't take geography xD But, then again, amount of music coursework always makes up for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do music as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do music as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool!
    Which exam board are you on? How are you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel,you? it'd be ok but my teacher really annoys me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg heyyy! I just wanted to say good luck to everyone this year! We're going to rock these exams!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel,you? it'd be ok but my teacher really annoys me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also do music... My exam board is also Edexcel.. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I also do music... My exam board is also Edexcel.. :P
    And what do you think of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First couple days of school done guys I can already see this year is going to fly by, no matter how long the individual days seem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I'm barely getting C's and they move me from bottom to third...

Where's the logic?
    I know the feeling I've moved maths sets so much over the years especially as I used to really struggle with it when I was younger but I've got a lot better at it in the past few years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know how you two feel, got moved up a set to top set a year and a half ago which really sucked, since in that set we were meant to take our exams at the end of Year 10 so I spent a year bricking it about that (it was changed last minute after an Ofsted visit) in addition to having Statistics course to as well. :c
    My advice would be to tell your teacher about how you feel about it, before you get to a point where you get frustrated and just like give up. Chances are they will either let you move down a set or two, or like my teacher did, give you extra help.

As for my two first days have been, the first day really sucked even though I had good lessons, and today was actually pretty good despite having had crappy ones.

I'm really unhappy with my new form tutor though, after having the same one for the last four year and him being very laid back about everything, having a seating plan and proper tasks to do in the first 20 minutes of the morning seems a bit ridiculous now. Can't we just be expected to be mature enough to sit with our friends as we have been for the past four years like it's our last year ugh? I probably sound like I'm being quite dramatic about 20 minutes each day now haha, but it's just irked me since I have friends that I don't get to catch up with much apart from form time. D:

Anything anybody else feels like having a moan about after their first week/days? :P

ReputationRep:
    Got my results back yesterday.

Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    Biology: A*

overall grade in core science: A

Only one person in my school got an A* overall, so I feel pretty good about these ;]

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just finished the first week of year 11! High school has gone soooo fast!
    In college I'd like to study Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Psychology. I'm thinking of going into medicine in university and becoming a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    And what do you think of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn, guys, I'm with AQA xD I like it, the listening paper is pretty hard, though. I love composition, I'm just finishing off my tango and performance is just the best because it gives me an excuse when I'm playing my violin at unsociable hours due to lack of sleep.

What do you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali Hussain)
    Hi, I've just finished the first week of year 11! High school has gone soooo fast!
    In college I'd like to study Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Psychology. I'm thinking of going into medicine in university and becoming a doctor.
    I heard Chemistry and Maths is solid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Cool!

What is the project you're doing this year for the course work?
    We're continuing fron last year where we created an event for a company to promote a charity. It's so boring because we don't actually learn computer programming (which I would love to do) and we do things we already know how to.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.