Miscellaneous Thread Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by .Hu)
Does anyone here listen to IceJJFish btw?
Nah, the name reminds me of that terrible poster who was on here.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yeah I've decided to make a business. I need money for it and a loan too which is going to be nigh on impossible without a job. But I've figured that it wouldn't be too hard to actually start up on the business.

It's such a simple idea, one that's more than feasible to make me money though with the right marketing.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Yeah I've decided to make a business. I need money for it and a loan too which is going to be nigh on impossible without a job. But I've figured that it wouldn't be too hard to actually start up on the business.

It's such a simple idea, one that's more than feasible to make me money though with the right marketing.
You got business knowledge/experience?
A clear plan?
Contacts, etc...

Personally I know nothing about business but I would expect you need those things at the very least
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

good for you

It is possible to get a buisness loan without an income.. or atleast it used to be. not sure about these days, but back 5 years ago when I was 18, I explored the possibilities of starting a buisness instead of going to uni..

In the end It was not possible, as the location that I needed was quite specific, and I did not have enough time, 1-2 years probably, to wait for a property on that location to open up for me to use..

But, I did get to the point of having finance agreed.. I had a 15k loan agreed with the bank, dispite being 18, and having no income.

All they wanted back then was:

- Really solid buisness plan
- Experiance working in the field that you want to run a buisness in
(and the most important one)
- A home-owner guarnentor who will gurarentee all of the money involved against their home..

I was very lucky in that my parents were willing to do that for me. although they treated it like a proper buisness, and I was required to pitch it to them, multiple times, go through my detailed buisness plan, and prove to them that it was possible and would make them money.

So basically, do you have any generous home-owning relatives?
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
good for you

It is possible to get a buisness loan without an income.. or atleast it used to be. not sure about these days, but back 5 years ago when I was 18, I explored the possibilities of starting a buisness instead of going to uni..

In the end It was not possible, as the location that I needed was quite specific, and I did not have enough time, 1-2 years probably, to wait for a property on that location to open up for me to use..

But, I did get to the point of having finance agreed.. I had a 15k loan agreed with the bank, dispite being 18, and having no income.

All they wanted back then was:

- Really solid buisness plan
- Experiance working in the field that you want to run a buisness in
(and the most important one)
- A home-owner guarnentor who will gurarentee all of the money involved against their home..

I was very lucky in that my parents were willing to do that for me. although they treated it like a proper buisness, and I was required to pitch it to them, multiple times, go through my detailed buisness plan, and prove to them that it was possible and would make them money.

So basically, do you have any generous home-owning relatives?
See that's my problem. I think my mother would do that if she felt I had a feasible business plan. But I'd still need to have some money.

It's such a simple idea as well that could make a lot of money. :sigh:

The problem is that at this moment in time I am so broke that I don't want to pay for the precursors to the product. I need a job so badly.

(Original post by Lúcio)
You got business knowledge/experience?
(Original post by Lúcio)
A clear plan?
Contacts, etc...

Personally I know nothing about business but I would expect you need those things at the very least

Yeah.

Well I'm not at that stage. Everything is murky. I'm on the ideas stage. I don't think business knowledge is important for the meanwhile, although if by that you mean knowing the prices of the product, finding the market for that specific product etc. I have some knowledge though.

I have no business experience, but entrepreneurship never really required that. All it required was an idea that solved a problem, one problem that people didn't even know they needed. Starting up a company is the easy bit, I have experience of that due to my mother and I know the tax side of a small ltd company fairly well.
.Hu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I helped create a business a while back (was more in charge of design and marketing), it's a tough nut to crack and requires contacts. Need a big start up capital to get anywhere, depends what type of market your aim is but we spent a lot of money on basically TV adverts and radio announcements etc. it usually sucks for about 8-12 months but then if you're astute it can take off. Now this one is successful, more of a service than a commodity though. It's all about finding a niche really.
.Hu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I believe you can get one without a job, someone who I used to work with got a business loan in order to set up a music business (not sure exactly what it was, but it was hardly niche) and they were only like 18.
Depends really. The business i'm referring to already had "big fish" in it, in which case taking them on would've been a disaster. Unique selling point is vital imo.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sat in the airport ready to keep an eye on the football scores..

Don't think my interview went that well today.. It was a big jump up in difficulty for me and I struggled a bit in places.. Still don't know the outcome but I am not confident.. Can be damn sure that I will be ready for the next one, now I know what to expect though
jam277
Rep:
?
There's a ****ing mouse stuck in the walls behind my room. There are no remnants of droppings or anything of the sort in my room and the environmental people will simply just be £100 for them to put in poison that you can buy for £10.
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's a ****ing mouse stuck in the walls behind my room. There are no remnants of droppings or anything of the sort in my room and the environmental people will simply just be £100 for them to put in poison that you can buy for £10.
Nah don't poison it. It'll die and then it'll stink like **** until it's body decays, and it would be a matter of weeks before insects eat it up.

You need to somehow try and lure it out so that you can physically get rid of it
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sat in a hotel in China.. Happy they don't block tsr.. Free night in a lovely big hotel while I wait for my next flight.. Going to have some Chinese food
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by SA-1)
Nah don't poison it. It'll die and then it'll stink like **** until it's body decays, and it would be a matter of weeks before insects eat it up.

You need to somehow try and lure it out so that you can physically get rid of it
That's impossible the mouse has been here for ages. Bare in mind that there is no hole in my room, so it is either trapped there and will die anyway or there is an avenue out. I have seen one or two out in the open but I haven't seen any recently, the mouse/mice are just using the walls.

But they have been eating the poison in my house and my room always smells fine when in reality they should have died by now. It's not an infestation as there is very little evidence of the mice in the house.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just buy a mouse trap.. Then it's just a matter of experiments with different foods, until you catch the bugger.

Growing up in the countryside we used to get a lot of mice and rats, mostly by our chicken and ducks - peanut butter was the killer for us.. Worked so well

Now moles on the other hand.. They are a pain in the ass
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
Just buy a mouse trap.. Then it's just a matter of experiments with different foods, until you catch the bugger.

Growing up in the countryside we used to get a lot of mice and rats, mostly by our chicken and ducks - peanut butter was the killer for us.. Worked so well

Now moles on the other hand.. They are a pain in the ass
I have glue traps. I like to kill them myself. Personally I'd just get a cat to rectify the problem.
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's impossible the mouse has been here for ages. Bare in mind that there is no hole in my room, so it is either trapped there and will die anyway or there is an avenue out. I have seen one or two out in the open but I haven't seen any recently, the mouse/mice are just using the walls.

But they have been eating the poison in my house and my room always smells fine when in reality they should have died by now. It's not an infestation as there is very little evidence of the mice in the house.
The little ****ers do tend to have some sort of a private entry to their hideouts, in this case your bedroom walls. Perhaps the poison isn't harsh enough? I remember a place that I worked once had an issue with rats, and they would eat the poison & not die haha

The cats not a bad shout tbh, I really want one of them bad boys sometime in the future.

Get a pure white cat & name it voldermort.

What you saying fam
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have glue traps. I like to kill them myself. Personally I'd just get a cat to rectify the problem.
Cats are great at it.. At least whist their young..

Few years back I found a mouse stuck in one room of our house.. Cat was there so I thought problem solved.. Chucked the cat in.. Close the door, and it will fix itself..

Came back a while later, the mouse was running like crazy around the room, and my old cat was just fast asleep on a chair in the middle.. It didn't give two ****s
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by SA-1)
The little ****ers do tend to have some sort of a private entry to their hideouts, in this case your bedroom walls. Perhaps the poison isn't harsh enough? I remember a place that I worked once had an issue with rats, and they would eat the poison & not die haha

The cats not a bad shout tbh, I really want one of them bad boys sometime in the future.

What you saying fam
I changed the poison to one that worked very well last time. Dunno maybe in the span of a few years the mice have gotten resistant to it(well I dunno)

I wanna brown cat.

I'm good though fam hows uni work treating you?
Spoiler:
Show
I'm planning on making a business, I have a good idea but just don't have the start up capital, there's little point trying to do this until I do and I'm being put under pressure to find work. Business loan is something I will use eventually but I'd like to really devote my time to this initially, use that money to expand the business in the first place and I can't do that without money, in the case the business plan fails I'm going to have to pay back the loan and be in serious debt.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)

What you saying fam
Your right about poison not always killing them,. Some of the stuff we tried in the past just made them act drunk.. You'd see rats just stumbling across the ground bashing into things.. Was wierd. Made them dwas easy to kill tough
jam277
Rep:
?

A Tribe Called Quest are so good.

Also Iceland Roast potatoes and Bisto gravy is so nice. Iceland have the best frozen food with the best prices for the general supermarkets.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Roast potatoes and gravy? Bit too English for my liking.

Agree with ATCQ.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (124)
18.48%
No (406)
60.51%
Not really bothered about them (141)
21.01%

Watched Threads