Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, just done the exam and I have to say it was actually really easy. I did the "Manhunt" question for relationships (not sure who on Earth would have done the other.) The unseen was also easy!
    Agreed, that was a lot better than I thought it would go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10steelem)
    what was the mametz wood question as i did that one but i may nothave read the question???
    How does the poet use places to present ideas of conflict? (Or something similar)

ReputationRep:
    THAT WAS A DREAM

Honestly I feel very confident, for the unseen I talked about the title being Symptom? I added it connotes sickness when really the poet is trying to suggest the love for her child is infectious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaringDaniel)
    THAT WAS A DREAM

Honestly I feel very confident, for the unseen I talked about the title being Symptom? I added it connotes sickness when really the poet is trying to suggest the love for her child is infectious.
    Love for her child??

ReputationRep:
    THAT WAS A DREAM

Wait..... the subject was a child? I thought it was someone who she is in love with?

ReputationRep:
    THAT WAS A DREAM

how do you know it was love for a child?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neza99)
    Wait..... the subject was a child? I thought it was someone who she is in love with?
    same I'm confused now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    same I'm confused now

I think there's no right or wrong answer to be honest, i interpreted as the subject was her lover and she was feeling those symptoms because the subject loved someone else and not her. So unrequited love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    how do you know it was love for a child?
    A child the question said being in love so I thought it meant love a romantic way

ReputationRep:
    The subject can be interpretates however you like!

ReputationRep:
    What poem did you guys choose for place and how much did people write for each section?

ReputationRep:
    THAT WAS A DREAM

That's exactly what I put !!
    Except for child part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleonezz)
    That's exactly what I put !!
    Except for child part
    you can basically say what u want for these i think - just as long as u back it up x

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about the poet trying to convince herself that life is better now and how the regular verse length contrasted her haphazard use of punctuation which showed her mixed feelings about being in love

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else do the My Last Duchess question? I compared it to Ozymandias.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the unseen poem does this sound okay??
    I wrote that: (summary)
    1. Repetition of the start and end of the stanza emphasises it. The lexis 'although' was unusual as it is a comnective so we feel that the poet will criticise something which she goes ahead to do. The lexis 'better' connotes that the life of Sophie Hannah has improved since being in love. She has effectively not stated who she is in love for so a reader can interpret this themselves to be a friend, family, boyfriend, child etc...
    2. The phrase 'silly smile' is the only positive word in the stanzas so emphasis is brought to this as well as the alliteration used. A person smiles when they are happy so it comveys good emotions ....
    3. The final phrase we are left with is that life is better tan before. This conveys that despite all of the negatives, it doesnt matter as it is better to be in love that out of it

ReputationRep:
    Which poem did you compare with? loads of my mates did quickdraw but i did in paris with you XP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I did Quickdraw, a couple of people did Farmer's Bride.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone talk about the repetition of 'life is now better then before' at the end of each stanza?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I said it she did it to emphasis that although love comes with make difficulties it still makes life better and another interpretation is that she's struggling to believe that love makes life better and she's trying to convince herself
    Anyone talk about the repetition of 'life is now better then before' at the end of each stanza?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do A Vision in the place section?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.