Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    honstly.. I think we will crush spurs.

2-3 goals in the first half, and them out of it by half time..

Ericksen may get one back, but that will be about it.

A combination of their last minute winners, and kanes form has flattered them this season, when overall I dont think they have improved much.

Reality will come back though on the weekend.. we are high on confidence, and playing very well.. cazorla, walcott, ozil, sanchez, giroud - will just be to strong for them, and I fully expect a flurry of chances for us in the first half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Legit don't know what I'd do if we got banged 5-3 by Spurs or something. They'd never in their history stop talking about it. We need to be cool and compact just as we were at City and I pray that Wenger doesn't throw Gabriel into the starting line up or something (I'm sure he won't though). Spurs are noticeably defending better as well, hmm tough call this one.

They've still got the likes of Valencia, Sakho and Song etc to do some damage to you guys. I wouldn't be too confident but yeah I do think you'd win also. I remember when they were in the top for not so long ago and Downing said they were aiming for Europe...now they're 8th I think it is. That changed.

Really? I always thought it was the other way round. No I don't think QPR will get anything at all, just can't see it. Kudos if you're right though.
    If you play like the way you did against City then you'll crush Spurs.

We've got Di Maria, RVP, Rooney, Mata to do some damage to them plus we have De Gea in goal :ahee:. They're concentrating more on the FA cup rather than the league (iirc Big Sam said this). I think they'll comfortably finish in the top 10.

Meh one can hope. Everything points to an 8-0 win for Southampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Imagine if they'd suffered the dross that was Eboue, Gervinho, Senderos etc :eek:
    Not even mentioning Squillaci, Djourou etc

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Don't see us keeping a clean sheet but if we do then pwhaaarr you know Ospina is something. Kane or Erikson to get a scummy goal, no not even. I bet the goal will be a good one, from like a free kick or something right outside the box.

It's important to start the game well, not just create chances but finish them. If we've still got the lead in the dying 10 minutes of the game or something and it's by only a one goal margin then please by all means, park the flipping bus idec. I won't be happy with a draw tbh (dependant on how other teams around us do though)

Just looked at the fixtures and realised Man utd have West Ham away next which could be tricky but on the other hand Soton have a managerless and already crap QPR away next..after their loss to Swansea you reckon they'd go all out and demolish them. **** me top four might have to wait another week :facepalm:
    Eriksen will score an 85th minute free kick after we bring on Flamini and he gets an instant yellow. Kane will score a rebounded toe punt from the edge of the 6 yard box, and everyone will go mad as if he is the next Bale.

I want us to start well, but park the bus most of the game. Just do what we did against City - force them out wide, don't let them run through the centre, two banks of 4 with Coq inbetween.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    honstly.. I think we will crush spurs.

2-3 goals in the first half, and them out of it by half time..

Ericksen may get one back, but that will be about it.

A combination of their last minute winners, and kanes form has flattered them this season, when overall I dont think they have improved much.

Reality will come back though on the weekend.. we are high on confidence, and playing very well.. cazorla, walcott, ozil, sanchez, giroud - will just be to strong for them, and I fully expect a flurry of chances for us in the first half.

Would make the season tbh, always nice putting that noisy lot back in their place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Would make the season tbh, always nice putting that noisy lot back in their place.
    I would rather beat Chelsea at home than beat Spurs. We know the Spuds are inferior, but beating Mourinho trumps all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I would rather beat Chelsea at home than beat Spurs. We know the Spuds are inferior, but beating Mourinho trumps all.
    Not beating Spurs would be disastrous tbh. It has to be done.
    Beating Maureen in what turns out to be decisive points to their title hopes would be the absolute king though. *Orgasms*

ReputationRep:
    Beating Maureen in what turns out to be decisive points to their title hopes would be the absolute king though. *Orgasms*
    A draw at WHL would not be disastrous, as long as we don't lose, we can retain our momentum. Imagine beating the Special (Needs) One and then they lose to City by 1 point. It would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    A draw at WHL would not be disastrous, as long as we don't lose, we can retain our momentum. Imagine beating the Special (Needs) One and then they lose to City by 1 point. It would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    *walks into Arsenal thread, sees small club mentality, walks out*

ReputationRep:
    There is always room for Tim Curry in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FellainiSucks)
    *walks into Arsenal thread, sees small club mentality, walks out*
    You are a United fan and your name is ****ging off one of your own players. One of the more important ones for you as well. I am pretty sure you lot were creaming yourselves after beating Cambridge in a replay.

ReputationRep:
    You are a United fan and your name is ****ging off one of your own players. One of the more important ones for you as well. I am pretty sure you lot were creaming yourselves after beating Cambridge in a replay.
    Check my post history, I certainly wasn't. With regards to your first point, I'm a music fan but I don't like AC/DC.

ReputationRep:

Nah best one would be they lose on goal difference lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    That'd be brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    We have a much superior goal difference to City. So you're expecting City to start winning by 3 goal+ scorelines and for Chelsea not to do that when Chelsea have been scoring 2.5 goals a game.

ReputationRep:
    Nah the best situation would be for them to win it with a massive lead then come the last day of the premier league, Mouh is deducted points for match fixing and money laundering

ReputationRep:

Utter madness. Feel so sorry for them

ReputationRep:
    ^ Tbh it just goes to show how good Arsene Wenger is in regards to losing star players season after season and yet consistently finishing in the top 4.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Tbh it just goes to show how good Arsene Wenger is in regards to losing star players season after season and yet consistently finishing in the top 4.
    I always really wanted klopp to come to arsenal, but this year has just really tainted things..

We know the good about him - how well he can lead a team, and that he can and probably would achieve great things with arsenal..

But now we have seen how he deals with a collapse, and its been a disaster.. kind of feel like he is far to much of a risk now. and even if he does well to start with... I would always be worried that this would happen..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I always really wanted klopp to come to arsenal, but this year has just really tainted things..

We know the good about him - how well he can lead a team, and that he can and probably would achieve great things with arsenal..

But now we have seen how he deals with a collapse, and its been a disaster.. kind of feel like he is far to much of a risk now. and even if he does well to start with... I would always be worried that this would happen..
    I think he is a great manager in a given environment, as you suggest however. it has proven to be the case (so far) that he cannot steer a ship in a storm towards stability. Mentally, his players are unsettled. Simple 5 yard passes going astray and the like. The mental aspect in sport is so important and to me he seems like the blood, guts and fire type in the dressing room. Which of course, unless you are Sir Alex, this approach tends to burn out within a few seasons unless you sell your players that cannot get motivated anymore and seamlessly integrate a new batch (e.g. Southampton).

I still think the players are the ones I am quite appalled at though, someone like Hummels for example that seems to have World Cup hangover big time... much like Mertesacker did. I have reservations about Hummels because even when he was playing well I felt that there always seemed to be one mistake in him to be capitalised upon.
    Only, Mertesacker cannot take that approach anymore as he'll be dropped in a flash. He is more dispensable now that we have younger players snapping at his place. Gundogan has somehow gotten fat...

Wenger uses simulation/data analysis programmes to decide whether to drop a player or not, so it is not really the case that players can continue just messing up and continuing playing in the team.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.