Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    Can someone explain how the student accommodation works.. Can we stay in halls for both years 0 and 1 or just year 0? As i know BM5 students can only stay in halls for 1st year.
    Both but that is only for BM6ers.

Most people move out though :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we need any evidence to bring for work experiance ?thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisahhh1998)
    Does anyone know if we need any evidence to bring for work experiance ?thanks
    No I called them
    You just need photographic proof and a photocopy too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    No I called them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    No I called them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so you do need to bring proof for work exp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mygroup)
    so you do need to bring proof for work exp?
    No

ReputationRep:
    How are decisions made after interview? Do they look at personal statement etc as well as interview performance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lenamedic)
    How are decisions made after interview? Do they look at personal statement etc as well as interview performance?
    No, only interview performance
    Edit: I'm guessing if they can't choose between two candidates, they'll look at everything else I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone likely to get an interview through the waiting list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drjay24)
    Is anyone likely to get an interview through the waiting list?
    One person did on student room last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all I still havnt heard back from southampton i am so nervous any ideas on what to do?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaHarvard)
    Hi all I still havnt heard back from southampton i am so nervous any ideas on what to do?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Call them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    Call them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At this point this is probably not going to be helpful :no:

(Original post by EmmaHarvard)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As long as you sent in all the forms to prove you are eligible then you just need to wait. They're waiting to pick the last few for interview.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind me asking what your GCSE and AS grades were?

(Original post by Foundationmed)
    That's why I was so shocked when they said that and my UCAS track updated 2 hours later I thought it was going to be some good news. 😂 Aw well there's always next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ah10)
    Date: THURSDAY 3 MARCH 2016
    Registration and Briefing (compulsory): 1425 hrs
    Interview: 1440 hrs
    Group Task: 1515 hrs

Anyone else?
    Do you mind me asking what your GCSE and AS/ predicted grades were?

ReputationRep:
    Interview!!!
    Do you mind me asking what your GCSE and AS/ predicted grades were? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suman2209)
    Do you mind me asking what your GCSE and AS/ predicted grades were? Thanks
    Gcse: 3A*'s, 7A's and a C
    A level predicted: AAAA (chemistry, biology, physics and maths)

ReputationRep:
    Gcse: 3A*'s, 7A's and a C
    A level predicted: AAAA (chemistry, biology, physics and maths)
    My GCSE grades are: 2 A*s (Chem and English Lit), 4 As (English Lang, Geography, Biology, Science), 4 Bs (Maths, Physics, French, Business), Distinction (French), Merit (ICT), C ( General Studies).

I'm hoping to get 3 As in my internal exams (because AS have stopped). Do you think I'd have any chance with these grades? Sorry for asking so many questions, thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE grades are: 2 A*s (Chem and English Lit), 4 As (English Lang, Geography, Biology, Science), 4 Bs (Maths, Physics, French, Business), Distinction (French), Merit (ICT), C ( General Studies).

I'm hoping to get 3 As in my internal exams (because AS have stopped). Do you think I'd have any chance with these grades? Sorry for asking so many questions, thanks again!
    Definitely just keep working hard, you'll be fine
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Get the minimum required grades or above - so BBC - and you'll be fine. Having AAA won't get you a place more than someone with BBC as they don't look at your grades past the minimum.
    To get a place on BM6 you need a great PS for an interview and to do well at the interviews for an offer. They don't care at all about grades as long as you have BBC and 5 A*-C at GCSE.

If you're predicted AAA why not go for a few 5 year programs? You can't apply to Southampton as you need 7 A*-A GCSEs but lots of other unis would consider you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.