Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did you write about for the Heroes extract?
    I did the Francis question, I really didn't expect him to come up but it gave me something to write about so I was relieved :' I did Of Mice and Men and A Taste of Honey too. A Taste of Honey extract was hard, I think. But the questions were alright.
    Of Mice and Men extract was the toughest for me, atmosphere and tone was difficult to talk about I think. But the Candy question was a gift, there's so much to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    Did anyone do the About A Boy question on Marcus? I talked about all the characters who influence him and then came to a conclusion at the end but others chose one person and wrote the whole essay on their influence only
    I did that too! I talked about Fiona, Will and Ellie - I wouldn't have been able to make enough points for 1 person only :L

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else struggle with the poetry? I wrote quite a bit, but I don't think I did well.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the About A Boy question on Marcus? I talked about all the characters who influence him and then came to a conclusion at the end but others chose one person and wrote the whole essay on their influence only
    I chose will as his biggest influence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    I did that too! I talked about Fiona, Will and Ellie - I wouldn't have been able to make enough points for 1 person only :L
    YES I did exactly that!

ReputationRep:
    YES I did exactly that!
    I wouldn't worry about it - I'm pretty sure most people who did that question in my year talked about multiple characters.

Who did you say was the biggest influence in your conclusion? I went for Will, which I have a feeling most people went for :P

ReputationRep:
    LOTF was the worst for me... AVFTB was great bc I had revised Marco loads and I take GCSE Drama so I knew how to approach the question even though our teacher hadn't taught us how (& also I watched videos from The English Teacher on YT on how to approach it)

OMAM I'm most confident on as I kind of know I did well on that. So if anything, that might pull my grade up.

Also, GRADE BOUNDARIES.

In a past paper I did for Lord of the Flies, I got 22/30 which was apparently an A. So, I'm guessing maybe 20-21 for an A, as my friend got 21 and she got an A/B.

Sooo I'm predicting for each text this year:
    A* - 25/26
    A - 20/21
    B - 17/18
    C - 14/15

(which means if you got full marks on the extract question, you only need half marks on the essay question to get an A!)

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Blood Brothers and A Christmas Carol, and how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maya_jadee)
    Did anyone do Blood Brothers and A Christmas Carol, and how did you find it?
    Yeah I did blood brothers! The question on mr Lyons would of been impossible so I did the relationship one you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen998)
    Does anyone know the average grade boundaries for English lit, coursework included? I was aiming for a B but think I might have done well enough for an A
    normally 90-80-70% etc

ReputationRep:
    First of alll , its out of 34 marks for each book in english lit wjec , what do u need to get on average to get an a ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiee_thomas)
    Yeah I did blood brothers! The question on mr Lyons would of been impossible so I did the relationship one you?
    I did the one on Mr Lyons because I couldn't think of any quotes for Linda, it was difficult though,he's such a minor character, I don't think I did very well on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maya_jadee)
    I did the one on Mr Lyons because I couldn't think of any quotes for Linda, it was difficult though,he's such a minor character, I don't think I did very well on it
    I did mr lyon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxterry)
    First of alll , its out of 34 marks for each book in english lit wjec , what do u need to get on average to get an a ?
    Last year it was 50/68 for an A in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    anyone do hobsons choice and resistance or either??nicee paper for those two thankfully
    Hey, I did Heroes and Hobson's choice, seems like it's pretty rare throughout, only my set did HC, the rest did AIC. How did you find it? I was quite surprised to see Maggie on there, as luckily we'd gone through a very similar question to that in class on Wednesday and I hadn't revised at all for this so that was lucky! The mood and atmosphere extract was fairly easy but I can see how people would mess up - the focus was on the audience's feelings, not the feelings between characters themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxterry)
    Last year, to get an A on unit 1 it was 36/50 and on Unit 2 it was 42/60

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiacov)
    Last year, to get an A on unit 1 it was 36/50 and on Unit 2 it was 42/60

Posted from TSR Mobile
    70% to get an A... not too bad...

That means that you'll probably have to get like 50% or something to get a C

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you chose to do the essay question on Marcus in "A View From A Bridge"? I was the only person out of the people I've asked,to do it and now I'm worried that I shouldn't of done that one - meeh,my logic.
    +
    To any of people that did it already and got their grades back(for example last year): Do you think that wrongly written quote for the essay question could lower your mark ? (if this even makes sense)

PS. Hope you all didn't fail as much as I did haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    I wouldn't worry about it - I'm pretty sure most people who did that question in my year talked about multiple characters.

Who did you say was the biggest influence in your conclusion? I went for Will, which I have a feeling most people went for :P
    yeah in the conclusion i said will bc well not only he had most influence but marcus wouldn't have been friends w ellie if it wasn't for will! so yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obsessedstormer)
    Did any of you chose to do the essay question on Marcus in "A View From A Bridge"? I was the only person out of the people I've asked,to do it and now I'm worried that I shouldn't of done that one - meeh,my logic.
    +
    To any of people that did it already and got their grades back(for example last year): Do you think that wrongly written quote for the essay question could lower your mark ? (if this even makes sense)

PS. Hope you all didn't fail as much as I did haha
    Do you mean Marco? If you do then yes! Pretty much same here. The only people in my class who did that question were me & a few others who all do GCSE Drama so we all instinctively knew how to answer it I always do character questions no matter what bc I find that I have so much information for the theme questions that I can't organise my thoughts properly & end up not being able to fit everything I want to talk about into the time!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.