Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Interview!!! 17th March, was told my application was on hold a couple of days ago so quite a surprise!! Anyone else get an email but no update on track??
    Congratulationsss!!! What time did you get the email? I was told the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnusbane)
    Congratulations!!!!! Did you get to pick a date or did they give you one
    they gave me one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Congratulationsss!!! What time did you get the email? I was told the same thing.
    Thanks, so wasn't expecting it, rushed through my roles and responsibilities form when I wrote it! It came in at 11:42

ReputationRep:
    Have any undergrads received an interview invitation recently? Feels like it's just grads left so I'm scared that all hope has ended. I called up a few days ago and he lady said my application was on hold and that she couldn't say more because they'd gotten so many calls but that the last interview date was 23rd March. I really really really want keele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiredofwaiting)
    Have any undergrads received an interview invitation recently? Feels like it's just grads left so I'm scared that all hope has ended. I called up a few days ago and he lady said my application was on hold and that she couldn't say more because they'd gotten so many calls but that the last interview date was 23rd March. I really really really want keele
    wouldn't worry too much I got my interview offer for the 17th today (my application was also on hold) so should still have interviews for the 18th, 21st, 22nd & 23rd, doubt all of those will be grads, keep faith!!

ReputationRep:
    Thought they said they'd be starting with the 'on hold' people from next week.

Guess it's back to obsessively checking emails, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Thanks, so wasn't expecting it, rushed through my roles and responsibilities form when I wrote it! It came in at 11:42
    Thanks! Well it was clearly good enough for an interview I didn't really know exactly how they score the form so I just wrote what felt right. Wish i'll just get an email today. Does the email subject/title give it away that it is an interview email and not a rejection? Or do you have to open to find out?..If that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Thanks! Well it was clearly good enough for an interview I didn't really know exactly how they score the form so I just wrote what felt right. Wish i'll just get an email today. Does the email subject/title give it away that it is an interview email and not a rejection? Or do you have to open to find out?..If that makes sense.
    When I got mine it said "Invitation to Interview" in the subject of the email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssbbb)
    When I got mine it said "Invitation to Interview" in the subject of the email
    Thanks for the reply!! Omg, you must've been so excited. I am relieved it does in fact say that on the subject. Now i don't have to panic as much when I do eventually hear from them!! Hope the interview goes well if you haven't already had it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)

Yeah they told me when I phoned up that it would probably be a week or so (only phoned up 2 days ago though and have already heard). Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)

Yeah when I rang they hadn't even looked through my application so if they're giving out invites to the on hold people then it doesn't look good for me :/

ReputationRep:
    I want to ring them tomorrow but i dont want to be annoying, but it's so frustrating not hearing anything back, but then i also feel bad for the admissions people who have a load of applications to go through ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Yeah when I rang they hadn't even looked through my application so if they're giving out invites to the on hold people then it doesn't look good for me :/
    Don't think anyone on hold has been invited yet!? Hold on hope !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO;[url="tel:62828821")
    62828821[/url]]Don't think anyone on hold has been invited yet!? Hold on hope !
    I was on hold and got interview offer today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnusbane)
    I want to ring them tomorrow but i dont want to be annoying, but it's so frustrating not hearing anything back, but then i also feel bad for the admissions people who have a load of applications to go through ahhhh
    I feel exactly the same as you! It's so annoying isn't it

ReputationRep:
    Have they only sent out one day of rejections? So to the people who didn't meet the minimum entry requirements right? That means the vast majority of us on hold will be rejected sorry to be so pessimistic but what other reason do they have for consistently sending out a trickle of interviews almost every day but keeping people on hold if they haven't decided a threshold yet? I don't even understand the threshold thing tbh the academic interviews were all given out in December/jan so surely they'd have already decided a threshold to send out the rest of the interviews like all other unis? Was there an on hold pile last year? Sorry for the negativity guys, j really hope I'm wrong and we all get good news soon but it's not looking likely 😩

ReputationRep:
    Good luck all

ReputationRep:
    Have they only sent out one day of rejections? So to the people who didn't meet the minimum entry requirements right? That means the vast majority of us on hold will be rejected sorry to be so pessimistic but what other reason do they have for consistently sending out a trickle of interviews almost every day but keeping people on hold if they haven't decided a threshold yet? I don't even understand the threshold thing tbh the academic interviews were all given out in December/jan so surely they'd have already decided a threshold to send out the rest of the interviews like all other unis? Was there an on hold pile last year? Sorry for the negativity guys, j really hope I'm wrong and we all get good news soon but it's not looking likely 😩
    Yeah, I don't understand the threshold thing, either.

I've just decided not to expect anything.

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel really upset with Keele. It seems very unfair to me me to give out so many offers and interviews when they haven't even scored everyone's applications. Then to keep holding people when others have had offers doesn't make sense either. As you said they must have already set a minimum threshold for interview so they just need to hurry up now. We all applied for the October 15th deadline so what is the holdup all about? I think they need to employ more admissions tutors because to be fair even interviewing on marvh 23rd is leaving it very late

I think I'm going to give up on Keele and just wait for BSMS. I'm so fed up of waiting and not knowing what the hell is going on with my future. I've tried to delay job applications in the hope of hearing something but i ve had enough of waiting for them now. I'm just gonna hope and pray BSMS give me good news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    I feel exactly the same as you! It's so annoying isn't it
    I don't know what to do anymore, I'm just going to try to stop thinking about it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.