The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaraMiller
Me too, i have got questions ready to ask them but i am hoping it just comes naturally, you just never know what they will ask! I am bringing my Dad too and I am guessing and hoping that they can come around with us.

Same. I feel like I'm just going to forget everything when I get in there. Cant believe Ive actually found someone else. I was worried it was going to be just like 10 people and thats it. Plus are you dressing formal because, in the talk the other day the head of architecture basically said come as you as it is not a job interview.
Original post by amoos
got an offer for biomedical sciences at warwick in 8 hours, they're so quick this year! waiting on birmingham, bristol, exeter and cardiff- application received yesterday/today so just a waiting game now😁

Last Thursday (5th November) I sent an application for Biomedical Sciences to Exeter, Cardiff, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester. I've had acknowledgements from them all now which is nice, but they don't send offers out over the weekend so I've had to wait a bit. I expect you will too with those top universities.

Also remember not to get too excited when you get that confirmation email :wink:

NOTE TO EVERYONE - CARDIFF SEND OUT THEIR THREE FIRST EMAILS WITHIN A FEW MINUTES. NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER, JUST GIVING DETAILS OF YOUR NEW ACCOUNT WITH THEIR UNIVERSITY.
Original post by Sxphki
Anyone get any offers from the University of Leeds? and how long did it take for you?

I got an offer after 12 days, but I'm still waiting for the other course I applied for at Leeds (it has a compulsory interview so maybe that's why I'm waiting). Maybe the speed at which you get an offer depends on if your predicted grades match the entry requirements and if that school has a lot of applicants?

I hope you get your offers back soon though! :3
Original post by okkkthen
Same. I feel like I'm just going to forget everything when I get in there. Cant believe Ive actually found someone else. I was worried it was going to be just like 10 people and thats it. Plus are you dressing formal because, in the talk the other day the head of architecture basically said come as you as it is not a job interview.

Me too, really do! ahahah i know how weird, I wonder how many of us there will be and whether they will make us do any group stuff. Well I have a blouse and longish grey skirt thing, it's what i'm comfortable in and like to try to look smart most days anyway. I don't get why but i do, although i thought i wouldn't wear a suit because it's not very me but it still looks quite formal,you? It is hard to choose what is too overly formal and whats not I have found.I think the main thing is to be ourselves throughout the day, although I will probably look too formal.
Original post by NuttyHistorian
I got an offer after 12 days, but I'm still waiting for the other course I applied for at Leeds (it has a compulsory interview so maybe that's why I'm waiting). Maybe the speed at which you get an offer depends on if your predicted grades match the entry requirements and if that school has a lot of applicants?

I hope you get your offers back soon though! :3

What did you apply for? Am I missing the obvious reference in your username or? I applied for history at Leeds; I sent my form off on Wednesday and am still waiting. I hope they get back to me soon, lol
Me too, really do! ahahah i know how weird, I wonder how many of us there will be and whether they will make us do any group stuff. Well I have a blouse and longish grey skirt thing, it's what i'm comfortable in and like to try to look smart most days anyway. I don't get why but i do, although i thought i wouldn't wear a suit because it's not very me but it still looks quite formal,you? It is hard to choose what is too overly formal and whats not I have found.I think the main thing is to be ourselves throughout the day, although I will probably look too formal.

Sounds good. Im going to wear black trousers with a dark purple and blue top and black shoes. I feel i will be under dressed. I will try to be myself but i will probably be so nervous that I wont be able to function haha.
Reply 946
Just received 2 offers from Oxford Brookes, one with lower grades for having the preferred subjects
Original post by benjenstark
What did you apply for? Am I missing the obvious reference in your username or? I applied for history at Leeds; I sent my form off on Wednesday and am still waiting. I hope they get back to me soon, lol

I applied for International History and Politics, which I got an offer for. It's the Politics and Parliamentary Studies I'm waiting back on. You'll probably hear back in a week or so, I got an email when my application had been sent off to the school to consider my application?
Original post by okkkthen
Sounds good. Im going to wear black trousers with a dark purple and blue top and black shoes. I feel i will be under dressed. I will try to be myself but i will probably be so nervous that I wont be able to function haha.

That sounds good too, i reckon as long as you're yourself they wont mind! Me too though, my problem is i will waffle on and not get the point across so here's hoping i keep myself together ahahah.
Original post by NuttyHistorian
I applied for International History and Politics, which I got an offer for. It's the Politics and Parliamentary Studies I'm waiting back on. You'll probably hear back in a week or so, I got an email when my application had been sent off to the school to consider my application?

Oh right, I see! Yeah, I got a welcome email off them on Friday, so perhaps another week.
Has anyone heard anything for any English Literature courses yet?
Original post by olwynmay

I've had offers from Exeter, Royal Holloway and Cardiff :smile:
Original post by benjenstark
Oh right, I see! Yeah, I got a welcome email off them on Friday, so perhaps another week.

Hopefully so. If you don't mind me asking, as you're a prospective history student also, what interested you in the course?
Original post by olwynmay

Offers from UEA and Kent :smile:
That sounds good too, i reckon as long as you're yourself they wont mind! Me too though, my problem is i will waffle on and not get the point across so here's hoping i keep myself together ahahah.

I have sent you a private message
Original post by panserik
I've had offers from Exeter, Royal Holloway and Cardiff :smile:

Well done! Where else have you applied?
Original post by emmathereader
Offers from UEA and Kent :smile:

Well Done! How long did they take to get back to you? And what are your predicted/AS grades if you don't mind me asking?
Applied for Computer Science and Mathematics
Sent on 23rd October

Exeter - Acknowledgement 26th October, offer of ABB on 2nd November
Loughborough - Acknowledgement 27th October, offer of AAB on 2nd November
Bristol - Acknowledgement 27th October, visit day 4th November, offer of AAB on 9th November

Bath - Acknowledgement 27th October
York - Acknowledgement 27th October
Original post by ruthlessem
Biological sciences for both. My friend who applied for engineering has already heard from Imperial about interviews and such, and is getting offers from other places, and here I am waiting :'( How about you?

Ah ok cool! Yeah my friend has an interview for electrical engineering at Imperial at the end of the month, and an offer from UCL for the same thing too! I know the waiting sucks.. :angry:I'm applying for medicine
Warwick are super fast this year, as well as Manchester. Both universities gave me an offer in less than 24 hours of me sending it off, crazy!

Latest

Trending

Trending