Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamix)
    I'm really worried because my friend and I sent our applications off at the same time, but she's got three offers already and I've only had one acknowledgement email from Edinburgh. How long has it taken for people to get offers for Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh and Aberdeen?
    Apparently even if the course and Uni is the same, there can still be a massive time gap between receiving offers, and you said the course was different so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sxphki)
    Anyone get any offers from the University of Leeds? and how long did it take for you?
    Got one for chemistry mid October - it took 6 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okkkthen)
    You have an interview on Wednesday too? And im not sure. When I went to the open day the other day the head of Architecture made it sound like it was him and one other just interviewing an applicant. Not sure though
    I do, I went to one very early on and thought that too. I hope it is him he was really enthusiastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaraMiller)
    I do, I went to one very early on and thought that too. I hope it is him he was really enthusiastic.
    Yer he was really nice. I'm still worried though. You going at 13:50?

ReputationRep:
    Yer he was really nice. I'm still worried though. You going at 13:50?
    Me too, nerves are kicking in now! and yes I am, then I think we have to stay for a while after for talks and stuff. I hope they get the interviews over with first.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, nerves are kicking in now! and yes I am, then I think we have to stay for a while after for talks and stuff. I hope they get the interviews over with first.
    I feel so unprepared. Are you bringing someone along. Because it says you can bring 1 or 2 guests. My dads taking me so do i just go in own or is he allowed into the uni as well?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so unprepared. Are you bringing someone along. Because it says you can bring 1 or 2 guests. My dads taking me so do i just go in own or is he allowed into the uni as well?
    Me too, i have got questions ready to ask them but i am hoping it just comes naturally, you just never know what they will ask! I am bringing my Dad too and I am guessing and hoping that they can come around with us.

it's been a month now since I sent my application off and I've heard nothing except a rejection Leeds and York sent acknowledgement emails about 3 days after I applied - feel really scared now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    King's College London were very quick for me!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get any offers from the University of Leeds? and how long did it take for you?
    I got an offer from Leeds 2 days after putting in my application for International Relations

ReputationRep:
    Me too, i have got questions ready to ask them but i am hoping it just comes naturally, you just never know what they will ask! I am bringing my Dad too and I am guessing and hoping that they can come around with us.
    Same. I feel like I'm just going to forget everything when I get in there. Cant believe Ive actually found someone else. I was worried it was going to be just like 10 people and thats it. Plus are you dressing formal because, in the talk the other day the head of architecture basically said come as you as it is not a job interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amoos)
    got an offer for biomedical sciences at warwick in 8 hours, they're so quick this year! waiting on birmingham, bristol, exeter and cardiff- application received yesterday/today so just a waiting game now😁
    Last Thursday (5th November) I sent an application for Biomedical Sciences to Exeter, Cardiff, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester. I've had acknowledgements from them all now which is nice, but they don't send offers out over the weekend so I've had to wait a bit. I expect you will too with those top universities.

Also remember not to get too excited when you get that confirmation email

NOTE TO EVERYONE - CARDIFF SEND OUT THEIR THREE FIRST EMAILS WITHIN A FEW MINUTES. NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER, JUST GIVING DETAILS OF YOUR NEW ACCOUNT WITH THEIR UNIVERSITY.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer after 12 days, but I'm still waiting for the other course I applied for at Leeds (it has a compulsory interview so maybe that's why I'm waiting). Maybe the speed at which you get an offer depends on if your predicted grades match the entry requirements and if that school has a lot of applicants?

I hope you get your offers back soon though! :3

ReputationRep:
    Same. I feel like I'm just going to forget everything when I get in there. Cant believe Ive actually found someone else. I was worried it was going to be just like 10 people and thats it. Plus are you dressing formal because, in the talk the other day the head of architecture basically said come as you as it is not a job interview.
    Me too, really do! ahahah i know how weird, I wonder how many of us there will be and whether they will make us do any group stuff. Well I have a blouse and longish grey skirt thing, it's what i'm comfortable in and like to try to look smart most days anyway. I don't get why but i do, although i thought i wouldn't wear a suit because it's not very me but it still looks quite formal,you? It is hard to choose what is too overly formal and whats not I have found.I think the main thing is to be ourselves throughout the day, although I will probably look too formal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuttyHistorian)
    I got an offer after 12 days, but I'm still waiting for the other course I applied for at Leeds (it has a compulsory interview so maybe that's why I'm waiting). Maybe the speed at which you get an offer depends on if your predicted grades match the entry requirements and if that school has a lot of applicants?

I hope you get your offers back soon though! :3
    What did you apply for? Am I missing the obvious reference in your username or? I applied for history at Leeds; I sent my form off on Wednesday and am still waiting. I hope they get back to me soon, lol

ReputationRep:
    Me too, really do! ahahah i know how weird, I wonder how many of us there will be and whether they will make us do any group stuff. Well I have a blouse and longish grey skirt thing, it's what i'm comfortable in and like to try to look smart most days anyway. I don't get why but i do, although i thought i wouldn't wear a suit because it's not very me but it still looks quite formal,you? It is hard to choose what is too overly formal and whats not I have found.I think the main thing is to be ourselves throughout the day, although I will probably look too formal.
    Sounds good. Im going to wear black trousers with a dark purple and blue top and black shoes. I feel i will be under dressed. I will try to be myself but i will probably be so nervous that I wont be able to function haha.

ReputationRep:
    Just received 2 offers from Oxford Brookes, one with lower grades for having the preferred subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjenstark)
    What did you apply for? Am I missing the obvious reference in your username or? I applied for history at Leeds; I sent my form off on Wednesday and am still waiting. I hope they get back to me soon, lol
    I applied for International History and Politics, which I got an offer for. It's the Politics and Parliamentary Studies I'm waiting back on. You'll probably hear back in a week or so, I got an email when my application had been sent off to the school to consider my application?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. Im going to wear black trousers with a dark purple and blue top and black shoes. I feel i will be under dressed. I will try to be myself but i will probably be so nervous that I wont be able to function haha.
    That sounds good too, i reckon as long as you're yourself they wont mind! Me too though, my problem is i will waffle on and not get the point across so here's hoping i keep myself together ahahah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuttyHistorian)
    I applied for International History and Politics, which I got an offer for. It's the Politics and Parliamentary Studies I'm waiting back on. You'll probably hear back in a week or so, I got an email when my application had been sent off to the school to consider my application?
    Oh right, I see! Yeah, I got a welcome email off them on Friday, so perhaps another week.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.